Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Has anyone read the Lord of the Rings series?

wizardcel

wizardcel

Lolicon, anti aoc advocate and sexual marxist.
★★★★★
I've bought the trilogy. I'm enjoying it a lot. It's better than the movies. I also like Token's writing style.

i think i read the adventure of bilbo or whatever it was called. but that was for school. a summer assignment
haven't read any of the actual novels but ive read plenty of passages of that Simulcram or w/e its called. i think that is a ton more interesting since i like to read random shit nobody cares about and the higher lore

I dislike most fantasy, but you do you tbh.

Yeah,they go a lot more into detail.I wouldn't say I like them more than the movies,they're two different things.Both are brilliant.

No bro. I only watch the movies and collect the lego minifigures

my precious

This also reminds me of that south park episode

No, but I played the game long ago.

Better than the movies for sure. The script of the films was really pedestrian, while the books are on another level. All the dialog is Biblical and archaic, and you can really feel the influence of the old legends, it doesn't really feel "fantasy" as such, more mythical.

Also, no Mary Sue inserts. Did i mention the script of the films was shit? It was written by Peter Jackson's wife, and she essentially ruined every film he made because he is too much of a cuck to just fire her. And she also keeps getting worse. The writing in the Hobbit films felt like cheap internet fan fiction, romance novel levels at times.

I should read it tbh

Been meaning to for long time but never get around to it...

Yes, I have. It's one of the most well-written series you can find with fiction. I normally don't delve into fiction, but the amount of stories and tales written in the trilogy reminds me of the encroaching terror of modern civilization.

i have never read fantasy books

Yeah. It's bleak and a bit boring in certain sections but it's a great story. The Silmarillion is my favourite book - I recommend that afterwards.

Yes bro, the books are great but I prefer the movies because my attention span is terrible.

I tried to read it in like middle school or something. Didn't get very far in it, but I guess its because I only cared for Gandalf in the series.

Yes bro, I wished I didn't watch the movies before reading tbh. Hobbit was a great book too, more simplistic but also more immersive. I don't recommend Silmarillion though, it was dry and boring as fuark ngl, even if the lore is pretty fascinating.

Lotr are my favourite movies so after watching them so many times I read the books(quite recently) and I really enjoyed them, I especially like his writing style and the universe/lore.

Last edited:
no only thing close to a novel i've read since 2014 is My Twised World

The Silmarillion is great if you are in to LoTR lore.

JRR Tolkien was a badass in languages.
He learned Old English and studied Finnish.
I have serious respect for him.

And I've only read the Hobbit. Never saw the movies

I've enjoyed the books and the Jackson trilogy, but I think the Ralph Bakshi/Rankin-Bass films are more faithful to the spirit of the books.

I have only read the hobbit. Didn't care for the LOTR or the simwhatever, maybe it was when I was introduced I didn't care for it anymore. The hobbit is a much better story IMO.