Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

TeeHee Hard work > naturally gifted bro

MountainGorilla

MountainGorilla

ȠỈဌဌᕦЃ
★★★★★
Original Thread: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19161998

Now, granted hard work can pay off in some different fields (the key word here is some) But you think the average person can fucking work really hard in order to remember every single word in a book verbatim like Kim Peek? Of course not. You should improve what you can improve and realize you have limits. But this is a whole different argument all together because these retards are saying the average person can "just keep working hard and you'll join the NBA as a 5'5 manlet bro, just look at Muggsy Bogues bro!" They really fucking think that you can work hard beyond your limits.

Its survivorship bias. They think you can work hard, without any outside source influencing your life. Life flips on a coin.

Did you know that most professional athletes have life coaches? Yeah they didn't just wake up one day telling themselves "I'm going to work hard!". You have no choice. Hard work doesn't exist in isolation.

Science trademarked

I'm still debating on if I should all of of that tbh

delusional maxxing

delusional maxxing
The fucking 10,000 hours of hard work is really fucking bullshit and getting on my nerves. Just another pop culture science to appeal to the normies.

The fucking 10,000 hours of hard work is really fucking bullshit and getting on my nerves. Just another pop culture science to appeal to the normies.

work hard for something that other people get with zero effort

there's another word for that: "cucked"

work hard for something that other people get with zero effort

there's another word for that: "cucked"
@Opus132, analysis

Is it cucked, metaphysically?

@Opus132, analysis

Yeah tbh. Think about putting 10x more work into your major(because you're low IQ)meanwhile a Chad with high IQ doesn't even bother studying and goes partying and still passes at the top of the class... Meanwhile you're working and laboring at late nights just to pull up your grade to a 70. It's cucked. Don't even bother.

Just do nothing and rot theory

No work for your face and height

Interesting read
I always wondered how much merit the 10k hours thing had to it
And how much it tied in with the naturally talented
Its easy to read something and forget it the next day because of our fast paced social media

tell me my dear based brocel, do you have anything to add on?

If I keep working hard as a human, my muscles will hypertrophy into a gorilla

legit just keep working hard bro
If you can't be the best than be the worst!

@Opus132, analysis

It's the result of a society that doesn't understand there's such a thing as inborn natural vocations, and thinks it is giving people more "freedom" by pretending we are all blank slates at birth who can potentially arise to anything as long as we put enough effort into it where as by denying that human beings are all different in their gifts and tendencies they are just creating a situation where everybody ends up "failing" at something.

I'm a Perennialist, a philosophical school that relies on a lot of concepts from Advaita Vedanta which are understood as being build upon eternal metaphysical truths that are actually the basis for all the major religions, Hinduism just happens to be the one that is particularly explicit about those metaphysical realities. So even though i'm not an Hindu per-se, in this i have to mention their theory of dharma and their system of caste, because both of those things are based on an understanding that we are all "destined" to perform a particular function in society, and we are all given the talents and also the desire to perform said function. When we look at normies and their obsession with "getting a job", all we are noticing is the expression of tendencies that pertain to the "Shudra", whose vocation and happiness lies in their work and the acquisition of basic necessities, like an house, a family etc (the reason the Shudra are ranked lowest is that they have no other ambition beyond such a peaceful, quaint existence).

Meanwhile, Chad probably mostly belongs to what the Hindu refer to as "Kshatryia", the royal warrior caste, which explains the tendency of Chad to excel in sports, to eschew "work" and favor high risk activities the goal of which is to acquire honor and not anything "useful" to society (as our materialistic society understands usefulness).

So what happens when you deny all those differences and you tell people they can be "whatever" they want to be? The result is that rather than being valued for what you are good at, you get criticized for the things you cannot do. A Shudra will be blamed for his inability to acquire wealth the way the Vaishya can, the Kshatriya will be criticized for not succeeding academically while an intellectual will be criticized for being bad at sports and might get bullied by Chad for being a weakling and not knowing how to fight and so on (meanwhile, said intellectual might grow up to become a communist trying to chase an utopia about a world where nobody would have to work, not understanding that while he may dislike working, other people may find that to be their life goal which is what happened in Russia when all the communist intellectuals set out to "free" the peasants from working in the field where as the peasants didn't want to be freed from anything, they just wanted land to work on that was their own).

In traditional societies, this confusion didn't arise because people instinctively understood the existence of national vocations. A medieval peasant who had a son with a contemplative temperament wouldn't force his trade on him but would send him to become a priest (the European equivalent of a Brahmin), and there have been some Popes who were in fact peasants by birth.

So ultimately, the "goal" of any human being is to become what they were meant to be, to follow their natural vocation, and not try to force them to perform things that are contrary to one's own nature only because society admits to one standard for success for the majority of people: to become a mere cog in some giant industrial machine that actually doesn't serve anyone's natural talents, for even a "Shudra" would find life as a factory worker unfulfilling and this can be seen by how many people pick up "hobbies" that in the past were actually considered work, like "gardening", or carpentry etc.

Last edited: