Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Happy Battle of Hastings/Norman Conquest Day.

DarkStar

DarkStar

⌖CelticChudcelϟϟ Discord: vrax0757_93180
★★★★★

View: https://x.com/ZoomerHistorian/status/1845709363337408978

On this day, almost 1000 years ago, the based Normans from present-day North France & their Breton-Celtic Mercenaries conquered & subdued the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of England.

This day is quite significant, since it altered the course of the British Isles forever, and thus that of the world: It also altered the English language, as the Normans introduced many Latin words which shifted the English language heavily.

I've done some research, and my family has quite a few Norman last names in it, as well as a test showing affinity to North France, though this would be common for some Anglos I imagine.

It would be interesting to see how English would be nowadays if it wasn't Latinised as much

It would be interesting to see how English would be nowadays if it wasn't Latinised as much
I think it would be more similar to Nordic languages such as Swedish and Norwegian

Did the British speak old English before the Norman conquest?

Harold Godwinson would have fared better had he been not marching back from fighting a battle on Stamford Bridge, that was a long tiring march and allowed precious time for the Duke to establish a beachhead and to prepare and rest his troops, even with inferior peasant infantry and household troops he faced the french cavalry bravely if only his troops were more trained and professionals who didn't give the horsemen a chase

I probably had ancestors on both sides of this battle, jfl