Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Had a massive panic attack in the middle of the road from the anti-depressants I took.

Tjaldur

Tjaldur

I'm so sad
★★★
I had taken 40mg of citalopram this morning. It was the second day of taking them.

Later that morning I got an uber and during the journey I started day dreaming incel loner stuff, reflecting on my life and this gave me really negative thoughts., leading to feelings of depression. When this happens, the back of my head tenses up and I feel a solid ache around my head. I feel weak, fragile and on the edge. Typical depression symptom.

However due to my anti-depressants I did not feel that. What's going on??? It felt like a suppressor on the back of my head. I felt a hollow thud preventing the feeling from happening, no aches or whatsoever. I was fully self-aware that my feelings were depressive but I could not release it. What the fuck why can't I feel. WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK.

I realised at that moment the anti-depressants forces you to be happy.

Everything slowly starts becoming dizzy and I'm feeling fatigue. Then I began sweating profusely and hyperventilating. I couldn't the handle stress of feeling depressed but not actually feeling.

I repeatedly tell the driver to stop the car, I'm panicking. Stop the car Stop the car. I got out of the car and sat on the sidewalk curb to refresh myself. Slowly my mind returns to normal and after about 5 minutes in the fresh air, I start feeling better again.

It's like the anti-depressants was having a battle against the depressive chemicals in my brain.

Maybe you need more

Nigga you pussy

The only effect anti depressants (prozac) have on me is remove my anger outbursts/autism tantrum

Still have depression
It stopped my feelings of depression from occurring. I do enjoy that but it was something I'm not used to.

Today my mental was pushing really hard to feel those symptoms after what I had been daydreaming but refused to do so. Made my mind go crazy.

Isn't 40mg too much? I take other antidepressant but the dose is way lower. I still feel depressed but almost nothing so it's easy to forget about it. To be clear I feel a bit depressed about my CURRENT situation but not about the past and that is the biggest difference. But I guess each one has its own side effects, my previous AD took my libido so It's about trying different types

Last edited: