Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gymcels help me!

• Thread starter Deleted member 21760
  • Start date
Deleted member 21760

Deleted member 21760

A 25 year old KHHTSLPTV
-
I wanna start working out and build some muscules but I know nothing about working out tbh. Today, I was in a gym and this is the first time in my life that I had enough courage to do that. But I felt like a Neanderthal there, I know nothing about the tools and what to do with them. I'm too high inhib to ask people for help so could you suggest me some good videos for absolute beginners like me?

Stick with body weight exercises, pull ups, cardio, dumbbells, and stretching. You can watch videos on youtube about what are the best exercises for each of those. I also like to work out in a fasted state not far from when I'm about to break my fast.

I don’t understand the point in going to the gym. It’s chad central.

Running is a good exercise

This is what I started with back in the day

Last edited:

Thank you very much brocel!

Thanks a lot.

Don't go ER
I wanna build muscles in order not to kill foids with my bare hands. Killing with guns is a sing of cowardness.

I searched and didn't find sth truely for absolute beginners.
Running is a good exercise
I walk everyday for at least 2 hours.

Based on my past experience here's my advice: Don't feel bad if you skip a day or two. Set your expectations low and look at every day that you successfully do a workout as an achievement. If you only managed to go to the gym a single time in a week, be happy because that's an improvement, and just tell yourself "next week I'll try to go two times".

Also, if you're trying to lose weight, I would say that 90% of weight loss is in dieting and 10% is in exercise. You want to keep exercising while you diet and also eat plenty of protein so that you don't lose muscle mass, but almost all of your calorie losses will end up coming from you eating less.

Allow me to put it in perspective: jogging 1 km burns 151 calories. That's 30 minutes on the treadmill. If you spent 2 hours jogging on the treadmill every day you would burn an extra 600 calories.

That's basically the equivalent of eating 2-3 donuts. Which do you think is harder, running nonstop for 2 hours until you feel like puking, or sitting in a chair the entire day but you don't get to eat any donuts?

Here's my advice: Don't feel bad if you skip a day or two. Set your expectations low and look at every day that you successfully do a workout as an achievement. Also, if you're trying to lose weight, I would say that 90% of weight loss is in dieting and 10% is in exercise. You want to keep exercising while you diet and also eat plenty of protein so that you don't lose muscle mass, but almost all of your calorie losses will end up coming from you eating less.
Thanks for these pieces of advice. I'm slightly overweight because of the fucking bread as a mediterraneancel bread is an important part of every meal I eat. I tried not to eat it and the results were amazing. I'm going to workout twice a week. I just need to develop some muscules you know as a short guy at least I have to beardmax and gymmax so as to be respected by others (I'm not going to do this for foids cuz it was over before it could begin).
Which do you think is harder, running nonstop for 2 hours until you feel like puking, or sitting in a chair the entire day but you don't get to eat any donuts?
Sitting in a chair the entire day but don't get to eat any donuts of course. I hate running. I don't like that bloody/metalic taste in my mouth while I'm running. I walk everyday for at least 2 hours. During holidays, I walk for 3 to 4 hours tbh

Last edited:
I've never been to da gym b4 all my loife

To begin with, you're going to do the following excercises:

(First practice the excercises with light/comfortable weight, learn proper form, STOP the excercise if you experience pain anywhere that isn't a muscle.)

Bench Press, sets of 8

bent-over Row, sets of 8

Deadlift, sets of 5

Squat, sets of 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQQle9-0NA

Do as many sets as you can.

Before you incorporate more complex excercises, first understand them and how your muscles, joints, bones and ligaments work with it. Don't just do random shit other people do because people are wrong (even if they are buff) and some excercises (like upright rows) will destroy the joints and ligaments in your shoulders.

This is a good channel that explains a lot of this stuff, so you make gains and avoid injuries. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0TLA0EsQbE-MjuHXevj2A

Dude change ur pfp tbh

Lol I was about to say everyone would just recommend stuff based on *their* preferences, and this thread proved me 100% right.

I wanna start working out and build some muscules
If your goal is mainly muscular hypertrophy (making your muscles bigger), you want to do sets of 8-12 reps primarily. You can and should find a free hypertrophy-based program for beginners online, but if you're too proud to do that and insist on doing your own thing, you need at least one of the following in your program two or three times a week:

• Horizontal push (e.g. bench press, dip)
  • Vertical push (e.g. overhead press, military press)
  • Horizontal pull (e.g. bent-over row, Pendlay row)
  • Vertical pull (e.g. chin-up, pull-up)
  • Lower body press (e.g. squat, leg press)
  • Hip hinge (e.g. deadlift, good morning)
You can do isolation movements like bicep curls as well, but try to restrict yourself to 2-3 isolation movements per session and save them for the end of your workout. Ideally, don't do any, since isolation movements are supposed to fix weak links in a lifter's movement patterns, which you don't have as a beginner since your entire body is weak.

Good luck and try not to quit before you see results.

In my gym we have teachers who give you a routine

you said youre trying to gain muscle and to lose weight and so i would recommend to only lift weights. cardio might seem like the best thing for losing weight but lifting weights actually burns a ton of calories while also building muscle and if your really new to exercising it is possible to lose weight at the same time as you build muscle. eventually you will have to start taking turns cutting and bulking but for rn both will happen together so i would just lift weights and do body weight exercises too. bodyweight exercises could also be done at home if you want to try doing them without the audience of the fucking chads at the gym

I'm not a gymcel

lifting weights actually burns a ton of calories
False, especially for beginners who move pink dumbbells. Cardio burns several times more calories, and even it doesn't burn "a ton". You have to restrict your food intake to get lean.

:blackpill::blackpill::blackpill: No matter what program you choose, your results will be minimal without steroids.

I don’t understand the point in going to the gym. It’s chad central.
Gym is actually filled with many normies at least in my uni gym. It's lifefuel muscle and weightmogging them.

:blackpill::blackpill::blackpill: No matter what program you choose, your results will be minimal without steroids.
Generally yeah, it takes years to look even a little like you lift as a natural with average genetics. But if you don't know how to train or eat properly, your results will be minimal with steroids, and they'll go away once you stop injecting.

Generally yeah, it takes years to look even a little like you lift as a natural with average genetics. But if you don't know how to train or eat properly, your results will be minimal with steroids, and they'll go away once you stop injecting.
Yeah you need minimum 2 years natural training before jumping on the gas.

Lol I was about to say everyone would just recommend stuff based on *their* preferences, and this thread proved me 100% right.

If your goal is mainly muscular hypertrophy (making your muscles bigger), you want to do sets of 8-12 reps primarily. You can and should find a free hypertrophy-based program for beginners online, but if you're too proud to do that and insist on doing your own thing, you need at least one of the following in your program two or three times a week:

• Horizontal push (e.g. bench press, dip)
  • Vertical push (e.g. overhead press, military press)
  • Horizontal pull (e.g. bent-over row, Pendlay row)
  • Vertical pull (e.g. chin-up, pull-up)
  • Lower body press (e.g. squat, leg press)
  • Hip hinge (e.g. deadlift, good morning)
You can do isolation movements like bicep curls as well, but try to restrict yourself to 2-3 isolation movements per session and save them for the end of your workout. Ideally, don't do any, since isolation movements are supposed to fix weak links in a lifter's movement patterns, which you don't have as a beginner since your entire body is weak.

Good luck and try not to quit before you see results.
Thank you very much!
I don't want to look like Conan the Barbarian. I wanna just to get rid of my skinny fat body tbh
you said youre trying to gain muscle and to lose weight and so i would recommend to only lift weights. cardio might seem like the best thing for losing weight but lifting weights actually burns a ton of calories while also building muscle and if your really new to exercising it is possible to lose weight at the same time as you build muscle. eventually you will have to start taking turns cutting and bulking but for rn both will happen together so i would just lift weights and do body weight exercises too. bodyweight exercises could also be done at home if you want to try doing them without the audience of the fucking chads at the gym
Thanks!

Last edited: