Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Gymcels have you used these two machines which work the lats without involvement of the biceps and forearms?

wereq

wereq

Defeated By Fate |Contra Mundi: Enemy of the World
★★★★★

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQmcwba9mJk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCl3hjztYf8

its fucking retarded never do this shit machines just do weighted pull ups, or normal pull ups if ure not strong enough , or assisted pull up machines/lat pulldowns if ure a beginner

Yes that's what I mentioned in the title. :feelsseriously::feelsseriously:
oh i thought "which work the lats without involvement of the biceps and forearms?" was the question i misread it. but those are both shit exercises.

jfl who told you that
6 time Mr. Olympia winner Dorian Yates who was famous for his back development called the Nautilus Pullover machine essential for developing the lats because of its 210 degree range of motion and elimination of the arm muscles which act as a limiting factor to lat growth since the arm muscles are a lot smaller.

First one honestly looks like it will activate your upper abs more than your arms and lats but doesn't look like a total waste of time.

Second one is retarded and easily replaced by a lat pulldown machine which will give better results and not look as stupid at the same time.

First one honestly looks like it will activate your upper abs more than your arms and lats but doesn't look like a total waste of time.

Second one is retarded and easily replaced by a lat pulldown machine which will give better results and not look as stupid at the same time.
Problem with lat pulldown is that its an eccentric dominant movement which doesn't have full range of circular arm motion of 180 degrees, and also its ability to stimulate the lats is limited by the arm muscles so there's a need for the pullover machine which drives through the elbows. The pullover machine doesn't retract the scapula however, which is why the second machine is important.

Problem with lat pulldown is that its an eccentric dominant movement which doesn't have full range of circular arm motion of 180 degrees, and also its ability to stimulate the lats is limited by the arm muscles so there's a need for the pullover machine which drives through the elbows. The pullover machine doesn't retract the scapula however, which is why the second machine is important.
Now that I watched it again it would be useful for building muscle between your scapula but I couldn't see it being more useful than a pulldown machine as far as actual muscle development of your lats goes. I wouldn't waste money on buying one but if you have a gym that actually has this machine I could see incorporating 3 sets into a pull day routine.

I couldn't see it being more useful than a pulldown machine as far as actual muscle development of your lats goes.
Whenever I do pulldowns, I feel it way more in my arms than lats. Arms end up being totally pumped and engorged in blood, while my lats feel like they could use more stimulation and work so it just feels like wasted energy.

Used the top one u can just do it on the cable tower aswell its nothing special compounds are better

Last edited:
Whenever I do pulldowns, I feel it way more in my arms than lats. Arms end up being totally pumped and engorged in blood, while my lats feel like they could use more stimulation and work so it just feels like wasted energy.
Do you use lifting straps? And try to put your elbows in front of you and pull down with your elbows

Used the top one u can just do it on the cable tower aswell its nothing special compunds are better
Doing it with cables involves the arms and also reduces range of motion. Did you get huge pump and soreness after using the pullover machine?

Do you use lifting straps? And try to put your elbows in front of you and pull down with your elbows
Yes, but straps don't eliminate arm involvement. You still have to use the arm muscles.

Doing it with cables involves the arms and also reduces range of motion. Did you get huge pump and soreness after using the pullover machine?
It doesnt reduce it that much just make sure to stretch your arms as much as possible and the machien uses your arms aswell its the same movement just more stable I didnt do a full set with the machine it was at an older gym I just tried it out so idk but with the cable I get a good pump every time

It doesnt reduce it that much just make sure to stretch your arms as much as possible and the machien uses your arms aswell its the same movement just more stable I didnt do a full set with the machine it was at an older gym I just tried it out so idk but with the cable I get a good pump every time
Hmm.. did you make sure to drive through your elbows when using it?

If ur feeling it more in the arms u have to be doing something wrong watch some tutorials on how to do it with perfect form

If ur feeling it more in the arms u have to be doing something wrong watch some tutorials on how to do it with perfect form
My lat pulldown form is correct. Scapula retracted, slight lean out backwards, full range of motion for stretch and contraction, and controlled tempo without excessive swinging.

My lat pulldown form is correct. Scapula retracted, slight lean out backwards, full range of motion for stretch and contraction, and controlled tempo without excessive swinging.
If u feel it in ur arms it cant be correct

Nah I want to perfect my training. Why should I waste so much energy?
Well try different ways to feel it more in your lats then try other attachments maybe use less weight and do it very slowly

Well try different ways to feel it more in your lats then try other attachments maybe use less weight and do it very slowly
That's what I plan to do. I have found some hacks around this, but they're not optimal.

i did its not very good just do pullups and rows all u need for lats

If you dont feel lats on pullups and rows it means weight is to heavy for you and u are not working with proper form… drop weight on rows and do lat machine instead of pullups until you have enough strength to pull with your lats…

proper strict pullup from lats is one of hardest exercises i train for 15 years and i can do maybe 15 of them.

ded srs? why?
yes they put one of those in my gym like 2 years ago it hits lats but weird angle no one used it at all so they removed it… if you want to that angle on lats put normal bar on cables and do pulldowns with it you have better rom than here

it works out the shoulders and traps more than anything, i’d stick to butterfly/hammer curls for bicep growth.

It sounds like you're not focused on engaging the lats when you do this shit, so I'd suggest that third one so it forces you to engage your lats. I'd also suggest doing rows/ assisted pull ups if you can't do pull ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back