Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious [Gymcels GTFIH] Should I permabulk to 180-185lbs? (81.5kg - 84kg)

• Thread starter Deleted member 20811
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20811

KHHV
-
Being lean (just under sub 15% bf) has done nothing for my SMV or chances of ascending. So no, I wont be volcel if I decided to bulk.

My current weight week to week is generally between 164lb - 168lb (74.5kg - 76.5kg) standing at 5'9.25" / 176cm height. At this current weight, I'm still able to make strength progress, but its getting harder and harder.... However, I'll likely still be able to reach the 300/400/500 on all 3 lifts standard at this weight. (currently at 295 / 375 / 535 as I type this).

However, once I reach the 300/400/500 standard on all 3 lifts....
Should I permabulk to 180lb - 185lb (81.5kg - 84kg)? Interested in your thoughts.

my thoughts:
Pros of me bulking to 180-185lb (81.5kg - 84kg):
- Increased strength and size (obvious #1 reason)
- no longer a sub 170lbs twink
- better Bench and Squat leverages
- better recovery
- could go well if I bulk slow enough
- more competitive for powerlifting because "muh filled out frame"
- it wont be "all fat" because I'd also be gaining water weight. bf% wont change as much as you think

Cons of me bulking to 180-185lb (81.5kg - 84kg):
- different Deadlift leverages I'd have to get used to
- Fatter and more bloated. Would most likely be at 17-18% bf at this weight
- Would have to eat constantly and force feed because fast metabolism. being 180-185lbs would be MUCH harder for me to maintain
- Would probably need to get new clothes
- bodyweight Pull up and Dip rep count would go down
- could be a disaster if I bulk too fast.
- less aesthetic

So gymcels of this forum, what are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
No reply. Too brutal

just lift heavy and bloat for a while, and see what happens with foids

Couldn’t hurt to try. You’re not getting sex anyways

since it's over anyway, at least be at the weight you're happy with and can keep your gymceling cope

also based usage of the kilos system, it's the more practical one
The weight I'm at now (74.5 to 76.5kg) is personally the most comfortable for me, but its not optimal for maximizing strength gains.

Eventually, I might try to force feed myself into the 81.5 to 84kg range just to see how strong I could get

Only if using steroids.

I'm sorry that you only got 9 replies.

I'd advise against. I bulked up all the way to 94kg and I fully regret it and want to become a decent weight again. Don't force feed yourself. You are already super strong for your age AND you have a great body. Be glad with what you have. Only reason why you would gain extra weight is for powershitting, which is honestly one of the dumbest things ever.
Yeah maybe bulking just for the sake of powerlifting is not a good idead.

Maybe at most I'll get to 77 - 79kg and this would be over the course of many years.

Under 200 kg Is twink tier,better stay lean

Maxresdefault

Bulk ever so slowly. Srs.

You progress on lifts will be very slow but you'll be incredibly lean and could probably stay below 15% bf.

Whatever you do, don't get fat.

That is all.

Bulk ever so slowly. Srs.

You progress on lifts will be very slow but you'll be incredibly lean and could probably stay below 15% bf.
dead serious? It would be cool as fuck if I could be 180-185lbs while being sub 15%

dead serious? It would be cool as fuck if I could be 180-185lbs while being sub 15%
It's how I've been lifting. I gain like 1kg a year, but my bodyfat actually decreases in some instances.

For you, it will probably take 2-3 years but you can probably maintain your current bf % or even lower it if you bulk VERYYYYY slowly.

Literally eat like 100-200 (max) calories above maintenance.

I personally wouldn’t, but if you’re totally dead ended where you are now I guess change isn’t the worst idea

I personally wouldn’t, but if you’re totally dead ended where you are now I guess change isn’t the worst idea
Not totally dead ended yet.

I don't think that will happen until I reach a 300-310 bench and until I reach a 405-425 squat. At that point I'd probably have no choice but to slowly bulk.
It's how I've been lifting. I gain like 1kg a year, but my bodyfat actually decreases in some instances.

For you, it will probably take 2-3 years but you can probably maintain your current bf % or even lower it if you bulk VERYYYYY slowly.

Literally eat like 100-200 (max) calories above maintenance.
hmmm... interesting

Last edited:
@Colvin76 brah you have some pretty good numbers ngl. You should bulk tbh although I'm not a huge fan of bulking but I still think you should bulk up till you hit your static strength ceiling. But don't waste your 20s permabulking, try to cut during the summers. Once you hit you genetic limit start taking gear and Larry Wheelsmaxx. :lul:

@Colvin76 brah you have some pretty good numbers ngl. You should bulk tbh although I'm not a huge fan of bulking but I still think you should bulk up till you hit your static strength ceiling. But don't waste your 20s permabulking, try to cut during the summers. Once you hit you genetic limit start taking gear and Larry Wheelsmaxx. :lul:
I'm not a big fan of the idea cuts tbh. Every time I find myself 1kg below my normal weight I lose my mind.

tbhtbh What I'll probably end up doing when I reach a true strength plateau is going on a veeeery slow bulk (100-200 calorie surplus) like @Hate_my_life said and hope I can eventually be 180lbs wake up weight and decently lean.

I'm not a big fan of the idea cuts tbh. Every time I find myself 1kg below my normal weight I lose my mind.

tbhtbh What I'll probably end up doing is going on a veeeery slow bulk (100-200 calorie surplus) like @Hate_my_life said and hope I can eventually be 180lbs wake up weight and decently lean.
Yeah do this and train for hypertrophy till you reach your goal weight so you gain muscles side by side or else you'll look like a fat blob of mass like the globglogabgalab meme JFL.

Yeah do this and train for hypertrophy till you reach your goal weight so you gain muscles side by side or else you'll look like a fat blob of mass like the globglogabgalab meme JFL.
Yeah when I plan on starting my bulk in a few months, I'll be doing a lot more hypertrophy and will probably even start doing arm work lol.

I tought you were 5'7:feels:
No. This has been explained nearly 2 months ago already :feelsree: :feelsree: :feelsree:

No. This has been explained nearly 2 months ago already :feelsree: :feelsree:
Oh i guess i forgot it. But you tought you were 5'7 right? Cuz i remember seeing something like that in your title before