Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment (gymcels GTFIH) average gymcel bench press?

What is your bench press 1 rep max?

• less than 60kg

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • less than 70kg

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • less than 80kg

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • less than 90kg

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • less than 100kg

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • less than 110kg

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • less than 120kg

• less than 130kg

• less than 150kg

• over 150kg

• Total voters
MaxZM98

MaxZM98

Socially constructed loser
★★★
only those who identify as 'gymcel' may answer this poll. if you dont know your 1 rep max you can use an online 1rm calculator

117 kg according 1rm calc.

117 kg according 1rm calc.
nice. i havent tested my max since i dont go until failure on my sets. i record my stats monthly so in a few days i'll test it. i'd imagine it's like 100kgs. how long have you been lifting for?

nice. i havent tested my max since i dont go until failure on my sets. i record my stats monthly so in a few days i'll test it. i'd imagine it's like 100kgs. how long have you been lifting for?
Almost 5 years.

55 kg because I'm a noob :feelsbadman:

Dude I’m an americancel you know I can’t read kgs
90kg nvm

345lbs was the most I’ve ever hit. I think that’s just over 150kg

130 according to calculator, but i never tryed more than 100.

i'm such a pathetic little bitch

Dude how much in American? (I wonder if anyone will get that reference)

Do you count the weight of the bar or just plates?

I don't care about bench press too much and ı use close grip generally and my max is 90 kg

never tested my limits in gym. i just use a weight that I can lift/press 12 reps, thats usually around 70-80kgs. mass & proportions > strength

never tested my limits in gym. i just use a weight that I can lift/press 12 reps, thats usually around 70-80kgs. mass & proportions > strength
getting stronger makes you bigger tho. cant seperate them.

Being scrawny i still have some raw strength. I remember benching 80 or 90 kg

nigga what the fuck is this????? USE POUNDS NIGGA NO ONE CARES ABOUT THAT 3RD WORLD KG!!!!:chad::chad::chad::chad::chad::chad::chad::chad:

250 pounds / 113 kg

how long did that take/what program did you use? rn ive been lifting for almost 9 months, currently using jason blaha 5x5. i think my 1 rep max should be about 100kg.

how long did that take/what program did you use? rn ive been lifting for almost 9 months, currently using jason blaha 5x5. i think my 1 rep max should be about 100kg.

I've been lifting for 5 years now (14-19), the only reason it took 5 years is because I did 3 training cycles where I focused on running and weight loss (which was stupid looking back). Realistically, I think most people can hit those numbers in 2-3 years of training (starting from never touching a barbell in your life).

Keep using a 5 x 5 template like Blaha's until you plateau, milk it as long as you can, you don't want to add in additional volume when you don't have to.

After you plateau on 5 x 5, there are a bunch of different programs you can run. The one thing they have in common though is a squat and deadlift frequency of 2-3 times a week (squat is usually 3 times a week, deadlift twice a week for intermediates, two-three times a week for advanced lifters) and a bench frequency of 4 times a week. This is almost universal, even up to the advanced level in powerlifting.

I personally used Reactive Training Systems programming, in which I tracked the RPE and appropriate loads using their website app. I liked it because I could auto-regulate throughout the year easily but theres also a downside to using RPE (overshooting the RPE can lead to injury (which happened to me, still trying to recover) and undershooting it can lead to bad progress).

To get a feel for the next stage in programming after Blahas, I'd recommend something like Calgary Barbell's Free 16 week Program. If you have $28 a month to spare, look into Garret Blevins AI Coaching. $28 a month is very cheap in this industry btw and I think it's a good investment, at least for a few months until you feel you can program well yourself.

weird, because I see skinny dudes lifting the same weight as me
perhaps they have a lower bodyfat % than you so they look smaller but have the same muscle mass. or they might be using worse form than you.
I've been lifting for 5 years now (14-19), the only reason it took 5 years is because I did 3 training cycles where I focused on running and weight loss (which was stupid looking back). Realistically, I think most people can hit those numbers in 2-3 years of training (starting from never touching a barbell in your life).

Keep using a 5 x 5 template like Blaha's until you plateau, milk it as long as you can, you don't want to add in additional volume when you don't have to.

After you plateau on 5 x 5, there are a bunch of different programs you can run. The one thing they have in common though is a squat and deadlift frequency of 2-3 times a week (squat is usually 3 times a week, deadlift twice a week for intermediates, two-three times a week for advanced lifters) and a bench frequency of 4 times a week. This is almost universal, even up to the advanced level in powerlifting.

I personally used Reactive Training Systems programming, in which I tracked the RPE and appropriate loads using their website app. I liked it because I could auto-regulate throughout the year easily but theres also a downside to using RPE (overshooting the RPE can lead to injury (which happened to me, still trying to recover) and undershooting it can lead to bad progress).

To get a feel for the next stage in programming after Blahas, I'd recommend something like Calgary Barbell's Free 16 week Program. If you have $28 a month to spare, look into Garret Blevins AI Coaching. $28 a month is very cheap in this industry btw and I think it's a good investment, at least for a few months until you feel you can program well yourself.
i'm 20 yrs old and the fact that you can hit those numbers is kinda depressing lol. i wish i had started earlier. i had no idea i would be incel back in those days...i feel so pathetically small and weak.

thanks for the advice though. right now i go to the gym 3 times a week. i am progressing well on squats right now (i start each workout with 5x5 squat) . i am also pause benching 3x a week, but half are 5x5 and half are 3x8. im not sure if it's better just to do 5x5? my bench press isn't increasing as rapidly as i would like. i want to bulk (im 85kg at 6') but as an ectomorph this is is proving very difficult, although if that's what i have to do i'll do it.

Last edited:
I'm an ex-gymcel (might do it again), but my max bench back then was 168lbs apparently. Bench was always my weakest point. :(

>70kg. Small hands are very limiting.

Just over 120 and under 130

I don't bench i just do one arm ohps

Solid 100 i think or 95kg...