Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Gymcels do you do MMA/judo type stuff as well?

• Thread starter Transcended Trucel
  • Start date

Gymcels, do you do MMA and Cardio?

• Total voters
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Peace & Dharma ; Vishwaguru India!
★★★★★
I am doing em cardio, weights, a few calisthenics exercises, yoga for flexibility. Considering adding in some BJJ as grappling art and then either boxing,kickboxing, or Muay thai as a striking art.

originally I was planning on doing this in few months to a year after hitting a plateau gains wise. but now I am thinking I could do it now.

Not a gymcel but I'd probably do mostly cardio and weights

no,i have a fucked bloodcloth and i could die

Not really a gymcel but I like Judo type activities focused on standup clinching and takedowns, I don't know why but I just have a fetish for jacket wrestling. My OCD prevents me from grabbing people nowadays but human structure manipulation is my physical hobby of choice. How do I practice takedowns without a partner and I'm too lazy too lift a grappling dummy up after every takedown.

I dont really do cardio, just barbell weights and also +dips +chin ups (both weighted) . But if I want to, I could just DL 315 for max reps JFL

Just weights usually and cardio every now and again

Occassional MMA.

I did Krav Maga for a year, but I couldn't do it anymore once I moved out from my old town since there aren't any studios where I am now. I might be going back in a few months, and if I do, I'm definitely picking it back up.

Besides lifting, I do distance running three times a week. Since I lift weights mainly to protect myself from normies, and the vast majority of them have piss-poor stamina, it would be foolish of me to let mine go to waste.

I mainly lift weights and stay on a caloric deficit for most of the year. Lowbodyfatmaxxing hopefully helps.

I used to do Muay Thai but now it’s weights and cardio

I used to do Muay Thai but now it’s weights and cardio
is it a good striking art in your opinion. or is it better to just learn boxing and footwork?

I tried Taekwondo in high school but I was a fat slob then so I quit

Not much, maybe around 18%. Now i keep it around 10-15%.
I mean, that was either a tiny calorie deficit, or you did a lot of cheating. I was (I'm guessing) around 40% body fat when I first started cutting weight and got down to 18-20% in 8-10 months. Then I was kind of stuck there for a while because ~20% is the point where you can't just do any random crash diet and expect outstanding results. Now I'm 10-12%.

I mean, that was either a tiny calorie deficit, or you did a lot of cheating. I was (I'm guessing) around 40% body fat when I first started cutting weight and got down to 18-20% in 8-10 months. Then I was kind of stuck there for a while because ~20% is the point where you can't just do any random crash diet and expect outstanding results. Now I'm 10-12%.

For me the body fat wasnt an issue, so i kept a minor deficit and focused on lifting heavy weights. I was trying to improve my shoulder/waist ratio and put on more muscle. 10-12% is quite shredded. Your abs must be poking out.

I don't gymcel, but I've done bjj and other stuff for fun. Recommend.

For me the body fat wasnt an issue, so i kept a minor deficit and focused on lifting heavy weights. I was trying to improve my shoulder/waist ratio and put on more muscle. 10-12% is quite shredded. Your abs must be poking out.
10-12% isn't really "shredded" (that's more like 6-8%) but I do have clear ab definition and a bunch of other things that you'd expect at 10-12%, like clear bicep veins and iliac furrow.

10-12% isn't really "shredded" (that's more like 6-8%) but I do have clear ab definition and a bunch of other things that you'd expect at 10-12%, like clear bicep veins and iliac furrow.

Actually most guys underestimate their body fat (just as they overestimate their physical attractiveness). 10-12% is far more shredded that what people think. 6-8% is near impossible as a natural.

Actually most guys underestimate their body fat (just as they overestimate their physical attractiveness). 10-12% is far more shredded that what people think. 6-8% is near impossible as a natural.
you can take tesosterone for realitvely cheap($150 to $500 monthly). and just do blood tests wvery 3months . i was considering it but i have to become a monk but for normal lifters it could be worth it.

you can take tesosterone for realitvely cheap($150 to $500 monthly). and just do blood tests wvery 3months . i was considering it but i have to become a monk but for normal lifters it could be worth it.

Just monkmaxx bro. Nah iam trying to stay natural. Its not like going to 8 % BF is gonna help me ascend. Iam already depressed, cutting to such low BFs would make me downright suicidal.

A lot of it depends on your muscularity and fat distribution too. 10% on a couch potato will look a lot different from 10% on a fake natty e-celebrity on Youtube. I use the Navy tape method to gauge my bf%, not just eyeballing it.

A lot of it depends on your muscularity and fat distribution too. 10% on a couch potato will look a lot different from 10% on a fake natty e-celebrity on Youtube. I use the Navy tape method to gauge my bf%, not just eyeballing it.

Ok then, sounds legit. Iam trying to get more shredded but every time i do that, i lose so much size.

Ok then, sounds legit. Iam trying to get more shredded but every time i do that, i lose so much size.
Body fat adds to size, which is why some people will deliberately hold more body fat to look bigger in clothes. Dieting will also reduce the amount of glycogen in your muscles depending on how much you cut carbs, making them appear smaller even if they're not really. If you're absolutely sure it's dry muscle tissue you're losing, you might be eating too little protein or you may not be training hard enough (if you're dieting really hard, the latter might not be entirely your fault, I know from experience that aggressive dieting kills your gym performance and there's only so much you can do to mitigate it).

Body fat adds to size, which is why some people will deliberately hold more body fat to look bigger in clothes. Dieting will also reduce the amount of glycogen in your muscles depending on how much you cut carbs, making them appear smaller even if they're not really. If you're absolutely sure it's dry muscle tissue you're losing, you might be eating too little protein or you may not be training hard enough (if you're dieting really hard, the latter might not be entirely your fault, I know from experience that aggressive dieting kills your gym performance and there's only so much you can do to mitigate it).

Iam not losing muscle. Like you said, just the water/glycogen loss makes me look lanky as fuck. Since iam tall, i look like a lanklet when i try and lose fat. I also start losing motivation when i come close to 12%. This time iam planning to make it work by taking diet breaks. So for every 2 weeks of diet, going to go one week with maintenance calories. Hopefully itll help me break though the 12% barrier and get lower.

Iam not losing muscle. Like you said, just the water/glycogen loss makes me look lanky as fuck. Since iam tall, i look like a lanklet when i try and lose fat. I also start losing motivation when i come close to 12%. This time iam planning to make it work by taking diet breaks. So for every 2 weeks of diet, going to go one week with maintenance calories. Hopefully itll help me break though the 12% barrier and get lower.
There's definitely a mental struggle with getting to 10% and below. What worked for me was setting a deadline for myself where if I made a certain waist circumference by a certain deadline, I would give myself some kind of reward (nothing to do with food, obviously). Things like diet breaks and refeeds are pointless above 12% body fat; they just slow down the process and keep you stuck in permacut purgatory.

There's definitely a mental struggle with getting to 10% and below. What worked for me was setting a deadline for myself where if I made a certain waist circumference by a certain deadline, I would give myself some kind of reward (nothing to do with food, obviously). Things like diet breaks and refeeds are pointless above 12% body fat; they just slow down the process and keep you stuck in permacut purgatory.

Diet breaks are documented to work regardless of what BF youre in. Reducing calories also reduces your Basal metabolic rate and decreases T levels and eventually you end up eating too few calories. Diet breaks help in keeping your BMR up.

Whats your motivation for losing body fat though? Hoping to ascend with shirtless pics?

Diet breaks are documented to work regardless of what BF youre in. Reducing calories also reduces your Basal metabolic rate and decreases T levels and eventually you end up eating too few calories. Diet breaks help in keeping your BMR up.

Whats your motivation for losing body fat though? Hoping to ascend with shirtless pics?
Studies that support diet breaks rely on self-reported caloric intake, which is never reliable and is even less reliable on a diet. BMR and T reduction are minimal and aren't affected strongly by short-term refeeds and diet breaks. The Minnesota Starvation Study showed that BMR only slowed down by around 100 calories a day with extreme dieting. Chances are your recomp diet had virtually no difference on your BMR.

For me, it's over for me no matter how lean or fat I am, I just prefer being lean. The muscle I've built up over time and my cardio let me eat plenty without getting fat.

Studies that support diet breaks rely on self-reported caloric intake, which is never reliable and is even less reliable on a diet. BMR and T reduction are minimal and aren't affected strongly by short-term refeeds and diet breaks. The Minnesota Starvation Study showed that BMR only slowed down by around 100 calories a day with extreme dieting. Chances are your recomp diet had virtually no difference on your BMR.

For me, it's over for me no matter how lean or fat I am, I just prefer being lean. The muscle I've built up over time and my cardio let me eat plenty without getting fat.

Thats pretty strange tbh. Staying leans requires a lot of effort and dedication and i wouldnt think a person who has given up on ascending would have the motivation to do it.

Thats pretty strange tbh. Staying leans requires a lot of effort and dedication and i wouldnt think a person who has given up on ascending would have the motivation to do it.
Getting fat again would be too much work. I'd have to completely overhaul my lifestyle and palette. Besides, 10-12% isn't ridiculously lean, my energy and mood are fine as long as I don't undereat.

is it a good striking art in your opinion. or is it better to just learn boxing and footwork?

I suggest learn boxing and footwork. You’re right it’s a great striking martial art, but Muay Thai is a tricky fighting style to learn