Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious "Gym is cope" is cope

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Buff Auschwitz Escapee
-
Obviously, it's not the panacea that redpillers and some bluepillers will present it to be. If you're extremely short and/or ugly, you probably need surgery to pass the bar for looks.

However, most incels would still benefit looks-wise from some form of resistance training and/or cardio, particularly those who are very skinny, have a high body fat percentage (17%+), or both (ESPECIALLY BOTH).

Although being skinny doesn't hurt you too much looks-wise, you're making yourself a target for bullying from other men by carrying little muscle mass, thus hurting your LMS and, ultimately, your SMV. If you're just a borderline incel, escaping skinny mode might increase your chances of lucking out with a landwhale. Muscle tissue is also metabolically active and makes losing body fat a faster and easier process.

High body fat does directly hurt your looks. Your zygomatic bones and ramus are very easily hidden by face fat, and a frame with a decent bideltoid-to-waist ratio is destroyed by a pot-belly with protruding love handles. If you have these decent features, you do yourself a major disservice by staying high body fat.

Being fit also has a lot of benefits outside your SMV, but you sex-obsessed lunatics don't care about that, so unless you're a truecel, non-gymcel is volcel.

gymcelling would help me a lot since i weigh 43kg ded srs

It's also nice to know you can maul any cuck if he tries to mess with you after you put a rostie in her place.

I can understand your points. But it's simply not worth it in this society.
Why should I go to the gym when it never began?

@Damo the incel how many blacktarpills can u bench

I can understand your points. But it's simply not worth it in this society.
Why should I go to the gym when it never began?
You can get away with home/park calisthenics. You don't have to get mogged by gym Chads multiple times a week if you really don't want to.

I could've sworn you've said something to that effect lol
No man

I think being NT is more important than most here think but it means little if you’re sub4.

The most important thing when making or choosing a routine is gradual progressive overload with balanced muscular development and sufficient weekly volume.

Pairing chinups with pushups isn't well-balanced since chinups are far more difficult than pushups. Even parallel bar dips are easier than chinups due to the shorter range of motion. A lot of incels can't even do one chinup--I wasn't able to for an embarrassingly long time. Inverted rows will be a better pulling counterpart to pullups since the leverage and assistance from the legs are about equal.

If I somehow reverted to skinnyfat mode, I wouldn't even try to do pullups or chinups until I could do at least 20 inverted rows without failure.

It's also nice to know you can maul any cuck if he tries to mess with you after you put a rostie in her place.
Well for that should not just gymcel but practice some grappling (Like jui jitsu) and some striking (Muay Thai,Boxing,kickboxing)

The most important thing when making or choosing a routine is gradual progressive overload with balanced muscular development and sufficient weekly volume.

Pairing chinups with pushups isn't well-balanced since chinups are far more difficult than pushups. Even parallel bar dips are easier than chinups due to the shorter range of motion. A lot of incels can't even do one chinup--I wasn't able to for an embarrassingly long time. Inverted rows will be a better pulling counterpart to pullups since the leverage and assistance from the legs are about equal.

If I somehow reverted to skinnyfat mode, I wouldn't even try to do pullups or chinups until I could do at least 20 inverted rows without failure.
I just do random pullups, pushups, and dips in whatever order until I get tired. I need to start following a stricter rep/set routine and restrict certain exercises for days when I'm not doing other exercises. But I still made some decent progress over the past 6 months of unorganized calisthenicsmaxxing.
Well for that should not just gymcel but practice some grappling (Like jui jitsu) and some striking (Muay Thai,Boxing,kickboxing)
The classes where I live are too expensive. That's why I watch videos and hit a punching bag, but I need a second partner to grapple and spar with so the training can feel complete. Incels should open their own underground dojos in every big city.

I just do random pullups, pushups, and dips in whatever order until I get tired. I need to start following a stricter rep/set routine and restrict certain exercises for days when I'm not doing other exercises. But I still made some decent progress over the past 6 months of calisthenicsmaxxing.
Pretty much anything in your first 6 months will get you progress. Now really is the time to be more structured. If you can do more than 30 pushups in a row, it's imperative that you do something more difficult. Some examples would be weighted pushups, decline pushups, and archer pushups.

Pretty much anything in your first 6 months will get you progress. Now really is the time to be more structured. If you can do more than 30 pushups in a row, it's imperative that you do something more difficult. Some examples would be weighted pushups, decline pushups, and archer pushups.
That's a nice idea, good thing I started learning about this stuff now because I've been plateauing for a while but still can make small progress. I should fill a backpack with books and do some pushups and pullups, because I can already do way more than 30 pushups, and more than 20 pullups.

That's a nice idea, good thing I started learning about this stuff now because I've been plateauing for a while but still can make small progress. I should fill a backpack with books and do some pushups and pullups, because I can already do way more than 30 pushups, and more than 20 pullups.
20 pullups? Full, proper, dead-hang-to-chin-passing-bar pullups? If so, that's actually very good.

You can probably start practicing unilateral movements so you can eventually do one-armed pushups and pullups. Granted, those are party tricks more than they are real training exercises, but I think you can get some status if you become a gym or park regular who does them while other people watch (they will watch).

20 pullups? Full, proper, dead-hang-to-chin-passing-bar pullups? If so, that's actually very good.
Yes, no kipping or anything. My goal is to get to 45 solid one. Now I can do 42 shitty ones where I kip and don't go all the way down.
You can probably start practicing unilateral movements so you can eventually do one-armed pushups and pullups. Granted, those are party tricks more than they are real training exercises, but I think you can get some status if you become a gym or park regular who does them while other people watch (they will watch).
High iq. I don't doubt I can turn into a calisthenics freak if I keep progressing over the next year or two. But I also want to practice fighting because it would be embarrassing if I can do a bunch of hard calisthenic moves than get choked out by a skinny fat jujitsu guy, or get kneed and elbowed to death by a manlet kickboxer.

But I also want to practice fighting because it would be embarrassing if I can do a bunch of hard calisthenic moves than get choked out by a skinny fat jujitsu guy, or get kneed and elbowed to death by a manlet kickboxer.
You might do well to gain some weight while doing this. Obviously don't bloatmax, but if you're doing advanced calisthenics and martial arts training, you're going to need a good amount of food to support recovery and adaptation. If you're lean (I'm guessing you're pretty lean if you can do 20+ pullups after just 6 months), slight weight gain might even be a necessity at this point.

Obviously, it's not the panacea that redpillers and some bluepillers will present it to be. If you're extremely short and/or ugly, you probably need surgery to pass the bar for looks.

However, most incels would still benefit looks-wise from some form of resistance training and/or cardio, particularly those who are very skinny, have a high body fat percentage (17%+), or both (ESPECIALLY BOTH).

Although being skinny doesn't hurt you too much looks-wise, you're making yourself a target for bullying from other men by carrying little muscle mass, thus hurting your LMS and, ultimately, your SMV. If you're just a borderline incel, escaping skinny mode might increase your chances of lucking out with a landwhale. Muscle tissue is also metabolically active and makes losing body fat a faster and easier process.

High body fat does directly hurt your looks. Your zygomatic bones and ramus are very easily hidden by face fat, and a frame with a decent bideltoid-to-waist ratio is destroyed by a pot-belly with protruding love handles. If you have these decent features, you do yourself a major disservice by staying high body fat.

Being fit also has a lot of benefits outside your SMV, but you sex-obsessed lunatics don't care about that, so unless you're a truecel, non-gymcel is volcel.

Thanks. Another based thread from you. Keep up the good work.

You might do well to gain some weight while doing this. Obviously don't bloatmax, but if you're doing advanced calisthenics and martial arts training, you're going to need a good amount of food to support recovery and adaptation. If you're lean (I'm guessing you're pretty lean if you can do 20+ pullups after just 6 months), slight weight gain might even be a necessity at this point.
I have low body fat because I intermittent fast almost every day and keep my carbs low. I also usually work out on an empty stomach which I think helped me get faster gains. Now I'm to the point where whenever I eat I get too lazy to work out for at least 4-6 hours. I'd rather lose more weight and stay strong than gain weight, because the more weight you gain you have to fight the bigger weight classes if you want to get new belts or compete in fighting competitions.

I have low body fat because I intermittent fast almost every day and keep my carbs low. I also usually work out on an empty stomach which I think helped me get faster gains. Now I'm to the point where whenever I eat I get too lazy to work out for at least 4-6 hours. I'd rather lose more weight and stay strong than gain weight, because the more weight you gain then you have to fight the bigger weight classes if you want to get new belts or compete in fighting competitions.
Just going by the science, fasted training probably actually slowed down your gains. If you're doing high-intensity training like advanced calisthenics, your body will want glucose to fuel that training. Since you're not eating carbs or protein beforehand (you don't need a lot) you're increasing the likelihood your body will turn to your muscle to get the glucose it wants.

There are also no weight classes on the street. Bigger is generally better in a fight. Even having a bit more body fat can help to a limited degree. Plus, you can always cut down later if you want to do fighting competitions.

Gymcelling makes you happier , not because of Foids but because you just feel healthier

I just do random pullups, pushups, and dips in whatever order until I get tired. I need to start following a stricter rep/set routine and restrict certain exercises for days when I'm not doing other exercises. But I still made some decent progress over the past 6 months of unorganized calisthenicsmaxxing.

The classes where I live are too expensive. That's why I watch videos and hit a punching bag, but I need a second partner to grapple and spar with so the training can feel complete. Incels should open their own underground dojos in every big city.
I don't believe in fighting without sparring.
You can't learn how to swim without jumping in the water,same goes for fighting.
I would at least find some dude you can fight with so you'll have a basic understanding that you are going to get hit too.
Or at least just punch first and hard and make a sprint for it,will work 95% of the time

Gymcelling makes you happier , not because of Foids but because you just feel healthier
Personally, I like seeing my abs in the mirror. I wouldn't give that up for all the ice cream or donuts in the world.

I have tried anything. I gained weight, but maybe 4kg of this was lean muscle in 2 years (gained well over 10 with fat). I'll have one last plan I'll try till February next year and if that does not work I'll try roids.

It's crazy even though I weightes 80kg@16-17 bf I still had 12 inch stick arms. This gives me such a, just got freed from Auschwitz halo. It's so depressing seing others with natural 14-15 inch arms. I hope I can ever get to this level.

Last edited:
Just going by the science, fasted training probably actually slowed down your gains. If you're doing high-intensity training like advanced calisthenics, your body will want glucose to fuel that training. Since you're not eating carbs or protein beforehand (you don't need a lot) you're increasing the likelihood your body will turn to your muscle to get the glucose it wants.
From the videos I've been watching they said by fasting and working out you'll only tap into your muscle glucose after days of fasting. But you're right, I remember a gym instructor saying to stick with lower intensity workouts while you fast, and the high intensity after you have some carbs or protein.

There are also no weight classes on the street. Bigger is generally better in a fight. Even having a bit more body fat can help to a limited degree. Plus, you can always cut down later if you want to do fighting competitions.
That's true, but being lean helps you stay lean because there are less fat stores. So if I get fat it will be harder to get down to being low body fat again, so that's what worries me, and usually foids like lower body fat.
Personally, I like seeing my abs in the mirror. I wouldn't give that up for all the ice cream or donuts in the world.
Same. That stuff isn't even appealing to me anymore.

From the videos I've been watching they said by fasting and working out you'll only tap into your muscle glucose after days of fasting. But you're right, I remember a gym instructor saying to stick with lower intensity workouts while you fast, and the high intensity after you have some carbs or protein.
You don't want to have Thomas DeLauer as a source of fitness information. He's a known broscience and pseudoscience peddler. Any glycogen-depleted state puts you at greater risk of tapping into muscle for glucose.

The gym instructor has a point. Low intensity workouts like distance running rely more on triglycerides than glucose for fuel, so they're less likely to hurt your body composition during a fast.

but being lean helps you stay lean because there are less fat stores
Being lean does help you stay lean, but not for that reason. When you're lean, you're more insulin sensitive, so any excess calories you consume will be more likely to be partitioned to muscle growth if you're resistance training. Gaining a very excessive amount of body fat also causes adipocyte hyperplasia, which wreaks havoc on your appetite-controlling hormone balance (how full or empty your fat cells are is a huge factor in how your body uses leptin and ghrelin) and limits your body's ability to use its fat stores for energy.

I don't believe in fighting without sparring.
You can't learn how to swim without jumping in the water,same goes for fighting.
I would at least find some dude you can fight with so you'll have a basic understanding that you are going to get hit too.
I've seen the videos of the "kung fu masters" who get beat up by MMA fighters who've only been training for two years. It's as much of a waste of time as doing aerobics if you're not sparring against a resisting opponent.
Or at least just punch first and hard and make a sprint for it,will work 95% of the time
High iq. I just have to make sure there's no cameras and I can out run the guy.
You don't want to have Thomas DeLauer as a source of fitness information. He's a known broscience and pseudoscience peddler. Any glycogen-depleted state puts you at greater risk of tapping into muscle for glucose.
I've heard people say that too. Here's the guy who explains how to fast and exercise without wasting muscle. He says the more you do it the more your body will adapt and increase more muscle storage over time than working out fed all the time.

Being lean does help you stay lean, but not for that reason. When you're lean, you're more insulin sensitive, so any excess calories you consume will be more likely to be partitioned to muscle growth if you're resistance training. Gaining a very excessive amount of body fat also causes adipocyte hyperplasia, which wreaks havoc on your appetite-controlling hormone balance (how full or empty your fat cells are is a huge factor in how your body uses leptin and ghrelin) and limits your body's ability to use its fat stores for energy.
That's true. I don't always know why things happen, I just know being thinner helps increase muscles and not fat.

I've heard people say that too. Here's the guy who explains how to fast and exercise without wasting muscle. He says the more you do it the more your body will adapt and increase more muscle storage over time than working out fed all the time.
Oh look, another low-carb broscientist.

There's actually a large genetic component to this. Some people respond to low-carb better than others and can only adapt to a certain point. Just going by the science, there's absolutely no reason to train fasted if you can train fed.

Personally, as someone who absolutely cannot adapt well to low-carb or fasting no matter how hard I try, I don't do fasted training at all or do intermittent fasting. In fact, I never managed to escape skinnyfat mode until I ditched those things entirely.

Training is good for health. But I believe naturally it is almost impossible to seriously modify your body composition. All guys I've seen that are good natural bodybuilders already had genetic preferences as kids. So I would say taking gym to increase your smv is stupid idea in the core. Ofc it will make you look better, but it wont turn you into Chris Hemsworth unless you take steroids. Also if you're in suicidal mindset or struggling at the job training would only make it worse, cause it has huge impact on neural system. I would recommend first of all sort out your life/job, and then maybe go to gym.
I believe most guys don't need it, it could be enough to do morning exercises and running from time to time to get 80% of the benefits.
Gym may be useful for freaks like me who have fucked up genetics and miserable muscle to mass ratio, so we can try to catch up to normal people.

Last edited:
Oh look, another low-carb broscientist.

There's actually a large genetic component to this. Some people respond to low-carb better than others and can only adapt to a certain point. Just going by the science, there's absolutely no reason to train fasted if you can train fed.

Personally, as someone who absolutely cannot adapt well to low-carb or fasting no matter how hard I try, I don't do fasted training at all or do intermittent fasting. In fact, I never managed to escape skinnyfat mode until I ditched those things entirely.
From my experience I noticed that I lose excess skinny fat when I fast. I still have some roles on my midsection that appear when I sit down, but the rolls were a lot bigger when I ate carbs throughout the day even when I was working out and doing cardio. I don't do cardio that much now but I think that's what's keeping me from losing the last 10-15-pounds of fat. I don't fast every day either, so a few times a week I also work out while being fed.

From my experience I noticed that I lose excess skinny fat when I fast. I still have some roles on my midsection that appear when I sit down, but the rolls were a lot bigger when I ate carbs throughout the day even when I was working out and doing cardio. I don't do cardio that much now but I think that's what's keeping me from losing the last 10-15-pounds of fat. I don't fast every day either, so a few times a week I also work out while being fed.
It really is just energy balance in the end. Fasting and low-carb make me binge-prone, and high-fat foods are a huge bitch to measure while being both unsatiating and useless for fueling any kind of activity. Fat also has the lowest thermic effect out of the four macronutrients and is the most readily converted into adipose tissue. I genuinely do not see any reason to eat non-essential fats unless there's nothing else to eat. I've been on a diet of 8-12% daily calories from fat for months, and my T has been completely fine.

It really is just energy balance in the end. Fasting and low-carb make me binge-prone, and high-fat foods are a huge bitch to measure while being both unsatiating and useless for fueling any kind of activity. Fat also has the lowest thermic effect out of the four macronutrients and is the most readily converted into adipose tissue. I genuinely do not see any reason to eat non-essential fats unless there's nothing else to eat. I've been on a diet of 8-12% daily calories from fat for months, and my T has been completely fine.
I don't worry that much about fat because I'm not on keto, I'm only doing low carb so I don't need that much fat. But I always eat lots of peanuts and spoon fulls of coconut oil or grass fed ghee everyday. I got used to binge eating after a fast, so now it doesn't turn into excess fats.

I don't worry that much about fat because I'm not on keto, I'm only doing low carb so I don't need that much fat. But I always eat lots of peanuts and spoon fulls of coconut oil or grass fed ghee everyday. I got used to binge eating after a fast, so now it won't turn into excess calories because of the fast.
Spoonfuls of coconut oil and ghee is disgusting to me tbh. Bad for your arteries, too. It's honestly amazing you can eat like that and still have abs. I'd become a 600 pound bloatlord if I did that.

Spoonfuls of coconut oil and ghee is disgusting to me tbh. Bad for your arteries, too. It's honestly amazing you can eat like that and still have abs. I'd become a 600 pound bloatlord if I did that.
I think it's because I only eat in a 4 hour window most the time, and burning the fat with calisthenics. My abs aren't that visible but I think they will be if I start doing cardio.

What are you talking about? You just have to hit the gym in the most brutal way possible.

I think it's because I only eat in a 4 hour window most the time, and burning the fat with calisthenics. My abs aren't that visible but I think they will be if I start doing cardio.
What's your BMI?

True to an extent, but if one's frame is shit then there really isn't a point.

I'm 165 lbs and 6'1", I don't know what that is in bmi though.
Just under 22. About what I expected. Seems like you're one of those guys with small stomach capacity, which would explain how you can eat pure refined fat and not be a chubby lardface, even with 20/4 intermittent fasting.