Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gym Habit Discussion

G

generalei

Banned
-
Been looking into the incel community for a while and I know about the cliched "No gym for your face" "Gym won't grow your femurs" lines.
Still genuinely curious, how many of you guys work out? Asking for lifting mainly, but running and other sports related training applies too.

- From a lifter/swimmer of 4 years

I mainly do bodyweight exercises almost every day for like 45 minutes-1 hour or so. Other than that, I also play football, basketball every now and then, and I am debating whether or not I should pick up tennis, and start swimming. I like to be physically active, so here is that.

I really love martial arts, used to lift and follow a powerlifting compound based program.

I exercise every day, 1 hour of conditioning and 1 hour of plyometric exercises.

I mainly do bodyweight exercises almost every day for like 45 minutes-1 hour or so. Other than that, I also play football, basketball every now and then, and I am debating whether or not I should pick up tennis, and start swimming. I like to be physically active, so here is that.
That surprises me (in a good way) because I got the impression that the majority of incels didn't bother with physical improvement because it wouldn't help their genetic situation. It's great you do all that stuff, does it bring you much personal fulfillment? Asking in comparison to inceldom

Doing BW for 6 years at home, I can't even have a 6 pack, even genetics fucked me in exercising

I used to work out a lot and was pretty strong for my age, but I eventually gave up when I turned 18 or 19 and was still a virgin.

That surprises me (in a good way) because I got the impression that the majority of incels didn't bother with physical improvement because it wouldn't help their genetic situation. It's great you do all that stuff, does it bring you much personal fulfillment? Asking in comparison to inceldom
It does, for sure. Doing sports is one of the few things I am looking forward to in my life. I like to think that I have attractive body (even six-pack, low body fat), so I would love to stay that way.

I used to work out a lot and was pretty strong for my age, but I eventually gave up when I turned 18 or 19 and was still a virgin.
it's not over yet, at LEAST try until 25+, people being virgins at 18 is very normal. Don't give up hope yet!

Doing BW for 6 years at home, I can't even have a 6 pack, even genetics fucked me in exercising
How is your body fat? A lot of times 6 packs are hiding under layers of fat.

Same here bro, don't worry about it. Arnold (praise be unto him) only ever had a 2 pack, other muscles are more important

How is your body fat? A lot of times 6 packs are hiding under layers of fat.
Don't really know I don't have those tools where you can measure body fat

it's not over yet, at LEAST try until 25+, people being virgins at 18 is very normal. Don't give up hope yet!

I just turned 21 recently. I would be pretty mentally scarred even if I escaped at this age.

I used to work out but I pretty much stopped