Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gym for Fun, Not for Females

ItheIthe

ItheIthe

Legend
Need I say more?

Going to the gym doesn't have to be about getting females. It can be done out of enjoyment. Seeing progress is fun, as is challenging yourself with new lifts, weights, and rep schemes.

My view as well.

>gym
>fun

200.gif

the gym is fun, one of the only times I get to listen to new music, and see the results of daily hard work

If i'm going to stay an incel, I rather be an incel with a visible jaw and six pack

I go tot the gym for my health and to clear up my mind. Sure i check out girls at the gym

My local gym is fucking full of WKs and femoids, it’s pure ragefuel. I wish there was a male-only gym.

I went to the gym today and smelled bad on purpose to annoy stacys, but I seemed to annoy some currycel next to me. Fuck that guy though.

Aside from that, I need some sort of other motivation to gymcel. I did it for years and it never really did ANYTHING for me. Even aside from femails.

the "i gym for fun/strength/[insert anything other than females here]" meme reminds me of the "i do makeup for myself" meme of females.

dont say that youre going to trigger the slothcels

Zielony4 said:
I went to the gym today and smelled bad on purpose to annoy stacys, but I seemed to annoy some currycel next to me. Fuck that guy though.

Aside from that, I need some sort of other motivation to gymcel. I did it for years and it never really did ANYTHING for me. Even aside from femails.

Your technique and rep scheme must be all fucked up then lol

ItheIthe said:
Your technique and rep scheme must be all fucked up then lol

You're probably right.  :'( :'( :'(

There is no gym for my BODY. Lol.

Zielony4 said:
You're probably right.  :'( :'( :'(

There is no gym for my BODY. Lol.

I can give you a good program if you want

I don't go to a gym but I do pull ups from the stairs twice a week and it's a fucking chore.
How anyone can find that enjoyable is beyond my comprehension.

ItheIthe said:
I can give you a good program if you want

Sounds good, sure! My new gym doesn't have weights under five pounds, so I didn't bother doing the beginner program that I was going to do, because i'd not be able to raise the weight by TOO much. I did smolov jr before but that was a stupid move. I made some quick progress when I did it, but lost it.

I do it because I feel slightly less depressed when I work out. Plus I like the pain from sore muscles.

Zielony4 said:
Sounds good, sure! My new gym doesn't have weights under five pounds, so I didn't bother doing the beginner program that I was going to do, because i'd not be able to raise the weight by TOO much. I did smolov jr before but that was a stupid move. I made some quick progress when I did it, but lost it.

Now that I think about it putting together an ENTIRE program would take me hours

I could give you certain lifts for any muscle, probably a lot you've never heard of. 

I would also advise one of the following two rep schemes:

Week 1: 12, 10, 8
Week 2: 10, 8, 6
Week 3: 8, 6, 4
Week 4: 6, 4, 2
(With this rep scheme do two exercises for each muscle group)

Or

8, 8, 6, 6, 4, 4 each week 
(With this rep scheme just do one exercise for each muscle group)

Also you always want to be increasing weight each set, but push yourself to do as much weight as possible in either scheme.

If I did work out I would do it at home not in the gym

ItheIthe said:
Now that I think about it putting together an ENTIRE program would take me hours

I could give you certain lifts for any muscle, probably a lot you've never heard of. 

I would also advise one of the following two rep schemes:

Week 1: 12, 10, 8
Week 2: 10, 8, 6
Week 3: 8, 6, 4
Week 4: 6, 4, 2
(With this rep scheme do two exercises for each muscle group)

Or

8, 8, 6, 6, 4, 4 each week 
(With this rep scheme just do one exercise for each muscle group)

Also you always want to be increasing weight each set, but push yourself to do as much weight as possible in either scheme.

That's fine, no need to dedicate too much time to this! I would usually work with 6-8 reps for all exercises and did Push pull legs twice a week. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, how many days do you lift, and what are your goals @Zielony4?

If you do chest, say, twice a week, you definitely want to do different exercises on each day.

ItheIthe said:
Also, how many days do you lift, and what are your goals @Zielony4?

If you do chest, say, twice a week, you definitely want to do different exercises on each day.

The push pull leg thing was twice a week, so 6 days and one rest.

I work out 3 times a week around now. Pretty low effort considering I have four whole days of the week free. I'm kinda guilty doing most of the same exercises. Mostly compounds and then the same isolations, in the same order. My goal was to gain strength.

U start gym to get females. U end up getting into a mass contest with other men

spicycurry said:
Yoga pants are evil.

That's why I just lift at home lol, I don't understand why people go to the gym when they can exercise at home.

VST said:
That's why I just lift at home lol, I don't understand why people go to the gym when they can exercise at home.

I try adjusting the times I go to the gym, to avoid femoids.

Zielony4 said:
The push pull leg thing was twice a week, so 6 days and one rest.

I work out 3 times a week around now. Pretty low effort considering I have four whole days of the week free. I'm kinda guilty doing most of the same exercises. Mostly compounds and then the same isolations, in the same order. My goal was to gain strength.

When I was lifting without my current program, I liked to do 2 lower days, 2 upper days, and 2 arm days. Abs/Obliques before and after each workout. Doing a plank series before lifting actually engages the core in other lifts to help you lift more, and help your core get stronger.

I think compound before isolation is a good method. Isolation lifts are more tiring and will drag down your compound lift if you do them the other way around.

Just a couple of tricks I have picked up on: On rope pulldowns, twist your hands so that your thumbs face each other when you get to the bottom. This works the triceps extra hard. On dumbell curls, twist your hands so that the outsides of your pinkies face your face when you get to the top. This adds extra flexion to the muscle. Dumbell flies are great for chest development.. One tremendous shoulder exercise is the "T Movement" as I will call it since I don't know it's name. Take a light amount of weight, like really light. With one arm to a front raise, with the other do a lateral raise. For example, do a front raise with your right arm, and a lateral raise with your left arm at the same time. Then spin your arms counterclockwise so that the right arm is now in a lateral raise, and the left arm is in a front raise. Put the dumbells at your sides and the repeat in the other direction. Finally, behind the back wrist curls with a barbell are great for forearm vascularity. You can also superset that with in front of the back wrist curls with a barbell (Puts a lot of stress on the core to maintain balance) for forearm development on the other side.

ItheIthe said:
When I was lifting without my current program, I liked to do 2 lower days, 2 upper days, and 2 arm days. Abs/Obliques before and after each workout. Doing a plank series before lifting actually engages the core in other lifts to help you lift more, and help your core get stronger.

I think compound before isolation is a good method. Isolation lifts are more tiring and will drag down your compound lift if you do them the other way around.

Just a couple of tricks I have picked up on: On rope pulldowns, twist your hands so that your thumbs face each other when you get to the bottom. This works the triceps extra hard. On dumbell curls, twist your hands so that the outsides of your pinkies face your face when you get to the top. This adds extra flexion to the muscle. Dumbell flies are great for chest development.. One tremendous shoulder exercise is the "T Movement" as I will call it since I don't know it's name. Take a light amount of weight, like really light. With one arm to a front raise, with the other do a lateral raise. For example, do a front raise with your right arm, and a lateral raise with your left arm at the same time. Then spin your arms counterclockwise so that the right arm is now in a lateral raise, and the left arm is in a front raise. Put the dumbells at your sides and the repeat in the other direction. Finally, behind the back wrist curls with a barbell are great for forearm vascularity. You can also superset that with in front of the back wrist curls with a barbell (Puts a lot of stress on the core to maintain balance) for forearm development on the other side.

Damn, Thanks for the plank advice, I actually didn't know that. I always did abs/obliques after, and never before.

For compounds, I wanted to make sure I had the most energy in me so I could put in the most effort into them. I actually got alot more fatigue from compounds, not isolation. That was one of my other reasons for leaving it last. Didn't want to work out and then be too tapped out to squat, deadlift, bench, ohp, row, etc.

I knew about the rope thing, mostly because I worked out with someone who told me about that at the very beginning. They also were the one who told me to only use small plates for t-bar rows because of the better range of motion. It worked well, and I kept doing that. The shoulder thing is pretty interesting. I worked out shoulders today but I definitely need to try that.

Zielony4 said:
Damn, Thanks for the plank advice, I actually didn't know that. I always did abs/obliques after, and never before.

For compounds, I wanted to make sure I had the most energy in me so I could put in the most effort into them. I actually got alot more fatigue from compounds, not isolation. That was one of my other reasons for leaving it last. Didn't want to work out and then be too tapped out to squat, deadlift, bench, ohp, row, etc.

I knew about the rope thing, mostly because I worked out with someone who told me about that at the very beginning. They also were the one who told me to only use small plates for t-bar rows because of the better range of motion. It worked well, and I kept doing that. The shoulder thing is pretty interesting. I worked out shoulders today but I definitely need to try that.

Found a real brief video giving a visual description of the shoulder thing: https://youtu.be/ekXIBmGXjfg

Except for instead of putting the down, I literally rotate them in the air before I put them down and start the next rep. It's much more taxxing this way.

The gym is fun is like saying stocking shelves at Walmart is fun.

Idk I always I gymcelled for myself kek also I like being lower body fat

NeverSubmit said:
If I did work out I would do it at home not in the gym

ItheIthe said:
Need I say more?

Going to the gym doesn't have to be about getting females. It can be done out of enjoyment. Seeing progress is fun, as is challenging yourself with new lifts, weights, and rep schemes.

Yep this is why I still lift as an old faggot

Well, I don't see how working out can be fun in any way, but do what you want I suppose

ItheIthe said:
Found a real brief video giving a visual description of the shoulder thing: https://youtu.be/ekXIBmGXjfg

Except for instead of putting the down, I literally rotate them in the air before I put them down and start the next rep. It's much more taxxing this way.

Ahh, the video helps alot! Thanks again.

Lifting got boring for me, I'd rather martialartscel more or play pick-up basketball/football.

ItheIthe said:

isolation lifting is for major faggots, who followed gym meme and healthy lifestyle media hype

the only real way to work out in the gym is 5x5 programm with free weights

doing isolation exercises will fuck up stability and strength of ur ligaments and barely give u any real explosive power

MayorOfKekville said:
My local gym is fucking full of WKs and femoids, it’s  pure ragefuel. I wish there was a male-only gym.

Powerlifting gyms

Yeah, im just lifting because one, no one will fuck with you and two it feels fucking great muscle mogging non lifters

knajjd said:
the "i gym for fun/strength/[insert anything other than females here]" meme reminds me of the "i do makeup for myself" meme of females.

Bad comparison, hard physical activity does make your brain produce dopamine, and seretonine after you are done. Or in other words, it makes you feel good and satisfied, I can confirm that for myself. Doesn't have to be the gym though, can be any kind of sports

its hilarious that you made a post right after you said goodbye