Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Guy Debord concept of 'recuperation' and why that can happen (god forbid) with the blackpill.

Lookslikeit

Lookslikeit

Veteran

So, Guy Debord is a french philosopher, member of the situationist movement, who coined term (and is famous for) "the society of spetacle" which refers how everything in our society is spectacularlized and made to reproduce itself in sensationalistical midiatical terms.

But im not here to talk specifically about this.

Im here to talk about this:
"Recuperation, a concept first proposed by Guy Debord,[14] is the process by which the spectacle intercepts socially and politically radical ideas and images, commodifies them, and safely incorporates them back within mainstream society"

THIS is, what im afraid the powers that be are trying (with some success mind you, as in looksmaxxing channels popping up all over yt and what not) to do with the blackpill.

They will strip it of all its revolutionary tendencies and charactheristics and make it into a shallow husk of its former self to turn it into a commodifiable, meaningless 'who-gives-a-fuck' product.

Impossible? Well you are already seeing the baby steps of it, with blackpill legend creator Rehab Room already denoucing it on his channel (briliantly, may i add):

View: https://youtu.be/aGTJuF_FncY?si=QHnx8BTp0bwDysKJ

If we are not really, really careful, the blackpill will be shallowed up and emptied of all its REAL, BASED content and this very own site, together with rehab room and every other ACTUAL blackpill content will be 'swiped left' (JFL) of all the mainstream internet IN A HEARTBEAT.

So, in conclusion, gatekeep this shit brocels. Gatekeep it like your life depends on it, bcs, in a way, it does...

I agree, komraden. We need to gatekeep the blackpill to save it from normiefiltration!

They will strip it of all its revolutionary tendencies
What are the revolutionary tendencies of the blackpill ? The blackpill itself is not a guide of how to change anything in society. As I understood it, it is basicly aknowlegding social stats, biology, evolution and its impacts on human psychology.
As the blackpill is just a name for a batch of scientific knowledge, it cannot be said that it lead to a specific way of changing society.
We can accept that nature is a bitch and rot, we can go rampage(not advocating violence here)and so on. To me the impact of the blackpill has been a complete loss of motivation and the begining of a "light-hikikomori" lifestyle.
I agree that the radicality of it, the fact that our situation is inextricable can lead some people to revolutionary ideas, and at the same time their is no revolution for your inceldom (if ur a truecel) so I don't know..

So, Guy Debord is a french philosopher, member of the situationist movement, who coined term (and is famous for) "the society of spetacle" which refers how everything in our society is spectacularlized and made to reproduce itself in sensationalistical midiatical terms.

But im not here to talk specifically about this.

Im here to talk about this:
"Recuperation, a concept first proposed by Guy Debord,[14] is the process by which the spectacle intercepts socially and politically radical ideas and images, commodifies them, and safely incorporates them back within mainstream society"

THIS is, what im afraid the powers that be are trying (with some success mind you, as in looksmaxxing channels popping up all over yt and what not) to do with the blackpill.

They will strip it of all its revolutionary tendencies and charactheristics and make it into a shallow husk of its former self to turn it into a commodifiable, meaningless 'who-gives-a-fuck' product.

Impossible? Well you are already seeing the baby steps of it, with blackpill legend creator Rehab Room already denoucing it on his channel (briliantly, may i add):

View: https://youtu.be/aGTJuF_FncY?si=QHnx8BTp0bwDysKJ

If we are not really, really careful, the blackpill will be shallowed up and emptied of all its REAL, BASED content and this very own site, together with rehab room and every other ACTUAL blackpill content will be 'swiped left' (JFL) of all the mainstream internet IN A HEARTBEAT.

So, in conclusion, gatekeep this shit brocels. Gatekeep it like your life depends on it, bcs, in a way, it does...

pin this now. High IQ.

The blackpill can't really be normified. You see, other ideologies can be incorporated into mainstream thought because they were never fully revolutionary to begin with. There is nothing really revolutionary about "from each according to his ability, to each according to (her) need". Religions have said such nonsense for years. The blackpill is revolutionary in the same way more radical versions of fascism are. Indeed, how can capitalism digest an ideology where even a titan of capitalism, like Musk or Bezos, will have less raw sexual value than Cavil, Meeks or Chico?

Looksmaxxing to me was always redpill nonsense that got integrated into the blackpill by those who fundamentally do not understand gynocentrism and it's effects. It's the difference between a hard MGTOW and a hard PUA. Self improvement will not solve the supply issue that imexosts on the female side of humanity.

The blackpill can't really be normified. You see, other ideologies can be incorporated into mainstream thought because they were never fully revolutionary to begin with. There is nothing really revolutionary about "from each according to his ability, to each according to (her) need". Religions have said such nonsense for years. The blackpill is revolutionary in the same way more radical versions of fascism are. Indeed, how can capitalism digest an ideology where even a titan of capitalism, like Musk or Bezos, will have less raw sexual value than Cavil, Meeks or Chico?

Looksmaxxing to me was always redpill nonsense that got integrated into the blackpill by those who fundamentally do not understand gynocentrism and it's effects. It's the difference between a hard MGTOW and a hard PUA. Self improvement will not solve the supply issue that imexosts on the female side of humanity.
Looksmaxxing was originally blackpilled and offered genuine advice based on the results of scientific studies conducted on what's most attractive to women. Now it's been degraded into chad worship and memes about mewing. Any genuine helpful advice will be buried under the sea of clout chasing trend chasers and memes now.

Oh, anything can be normiefied dude, ANYTHING. Some smuck might say "what about snuff films and gore" any tarantino movie is the pussified, watered down (and therefore recuperated) version of that.

Im not saying the OG blackpill will be stripped away of existence, you really didnt understood.

What im saying is, it will be more and more marginalized (to the point it might become illegal) while a watered down "blackpill" will be sold to the masses as mainly lookism (but without addressing the core effecrs of it, if at all) related channels. Thats what im saying.

Last edited:
Any genuine helpful advice will be buried under the sea of clout chasing trend chasers and memes now.
Exactly. To a tee. I feel most looksmaxxing (if not all) is just an elaborated grift scheme now.

To ONLY REAL looksmaxxing advices (like 90% of its genuine parts) are leanmaxx, surgery, gymmaxxing (not to be confused with gymcelling) and a basic skin care routine. The rest is just the icing on the cake. If you have a cake that is JFL

Exactly. To a tee. I feel most looksmaxxing (if not all) is just an elaborated grift scheme now.

To ONLY REAL looksmaxxing advices (like 90% of its genuine parts) are leanmaxx, surgery, gymmaxxing (not to be confused with gymcelling) and a basic skin care routine. The rest is just the icing on the cake. If you have a cake that is JFL

Gramsci's ultural hegemony also helps explain a lot of what you described too. The blackpill is watered down to suit the tastes of the mainstream consensus so it could never threaten the stability of soyciety with any of its more inflammatory provocative ideas that could be considered subversive or detrimental to the sanctity of prevailing norms. You can't have people questioning the cultural values that maintain the social order, that's sacrilege.

Debord's theories also influenced Frankfurt school 'Marxists' too. You can see it in their writings.

Last edited:
We have already went through this multiple times
Even the redpill used to be well meaning once upon a time
Our lingo has long since been coopted by normies, so have the surface level messages, such as "looks above all".
We went from "incels" to "incelswithouthate" and the incel being a word to describe a boogeyman terrorist.

There is an image that describes normies invading a hobby, and gradually destroying it, I think it describes a similar concept.
Now D&D, which used to be peak dork, now has combat wheelchairs.
The only reason this community is still hanging by it's teeth is because it is being gatekept. The moment the gates are open by even a bit, the roaches will start pouring in.

I've also started to appreciate the users who spit unhinged shit, because they work as a normie and cuck filter.

I read and I didn't understand anything, I guess it's over for non english cels

can you type this in english please?

The normification of the blackpill just reveals the insane amounts of cognitive dissonance most people will tolerate. I've talked to alot of people who use blackpill language and shit on feminists but when you try to discuss the core deterministic aspects of the blackpill they react with as much hostility as any bluepilled normie and start trying to cope. Usually typical stuff like "go to the gym" or "go outside and talk to women". Its pretty funny to see, but of course its depressing since even though you can try to expose them to these ideas and get them to listen, they will never be able to fully accept it. Its just not part of their programming.

Looksmaxxing was originally blackpilled and offered genuine advice based on the results of scientific studies conducted on what's most attractive to women. Now it's been degraded into chad worship and memes about mewing. Any genuine helpful advice will be buried under the sea of clout chasing trend chasers and memes now.
Yeah the biggest danger is that actual incels will be drawn to redpill grifters and will never face reality. I used to be in favor of spreading these ideas but I think we need to be more careful and tactical about it because it can also help our enemies.

We have already went through this multiple times
Even the redpill used to be well meaning once upon a time
Our lingo has long since been coopted by normies, so have the surface level messages, such as "looks above all".
We went from "incels" to "incelswithouthate" and the incel being a word to describe a boogeyman terrorist.

There is an image that describes normies invading a hobby, and gradually destroying it, I think it describes a similar concept.
Now D&D, which used to be peak dork, now has combat wheelchairs.
The only reason this community is still hanging by it's teeth is because it is being gatekept. The moment the gates are open by even a bit, the roaches will start pouring in.

I've also started to appreciate the users who spit unhinged shit, because they work as a normie and cuck filter.
^^^^^ This. Any place where normies enter automatically becomes a soulless garbage dump. Normies ruin everything like a fucking plague. Sooner or later everything will fall and even the blackpill will be taken by them.

yup its called controlled opposition.