Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Guncels, what would be a good first gun?

• Thread starter Property_Of_Negan ☠
  • Start date
Property_Of_Negan ☠

Property_Of_Negan ☠

Banned
-
I've decided that I will become a police officer even though I didn't like the idea at first, this year I'm going to the academy and I will get my gun license. Would a .357 magnum be a good choice or should I get something less powerful for a first gun?

buy a scarab skorpion.

M1911 is a good beginners gun

Any variant of a mossberg 500. If pistols I would recommend a Beretta if youve got the money.

My first weapon was a .357 revolver. I don't find it particularly hard to fire, though it's a gun for nigger home defense so it only needs to be shot from a few feet. A revolver is the ultimate first time weapon in my opinion: easy to fire, low maintenance, doesn't jam, and ideal for self defense, the true purpose of the weapon.

Have you shot before? Go to a range and start with a .22 and work your way up if you haven't. It's intimidating at first but a nice rush once you get to it. 9mms are popular if you want a standard handgun. My dumbass mother bought a .40 as her first handgun and she can't handle it... don't do that.

Try different calibers.
See which one you like the best.

Glocks are good choice for their price but they're nothing fancy. The glock trigger isn't as good as 1911 for example.

Revolvers require practice to reload fast and the double action trigger can affect your aim.
The good thing about revolvers is that if you have a dud round, you can just press the trigger again and the gun will fire. With automatics, you have to rack the slide.

1911 has a good caliber and good trigger. Only downside is that it uses old fashioned single stack magazines instead of more modern double stack.

Beretta is a good choice too but the initial shot is double action and then single action. You gotta train your brain to prepare for that to keep your aim consistent.

All guns are a compromise, remember that