Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Good PS2 Games? (NO GTA) (Read preferences)

Samurai

Samurai

Jesus Christ Conquers
★★★
I got PCSX2 lately for my new laptop. I am a big fan of the PS2 era but want to try some games I haven't played before.

Preferences: Action, RPG, Fighter

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex

Just don't set it up at 4k and with full accuracy and expect a good performance game is super demanding for some reason it used 100% of my rx 5700 xt :feelskek:

Prince of Persia trilogy

Ratchet and clank (PS3 version is better due fov)

PunishER (PC version is probably better due aiming and uncensor)

FF7 Dirge of Cerberus (normies will hate me for saying that but i had more fun with it than any other FF game since it's a shooter)

Time splitters 2 (on dolphin you can enable mouse aim so maybe try that instead of pcsx2)

Second Sight (i haven't tried it on ps2 yet but i know it's a superior version over dogshit pc port so may be worth a try since it's a pretty unique game from makers of Time splitters)

GUN (xb360 ver is better but it's impossible to run without glitches)

original monster hunter

Shadow of the Colossus, Resident Evil 4, The Warriors, Manhunt 2.

Western RPGs were in a bit of a pickle during that period. Aside from Baldur’s Gate, I don’t know of any other game that’s worthwhile, and the only decent JRPGs are Final Fantasy X and XII. Don’t bother with Persona.

Western RPGs were in a bit of a pickle during that period. Aside from Baldur’s Gate, I don’t know of any other game that’s worthwhile
Western RPGS were mostly on PC. Dungeon siege 1+2, Deus Ex 1, Neverwinter Nights, Gorky 17, Gothic 1+2, Spells of Gold, Arcanum, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1+2. They haven't considered consoles as worthy of porting to them.

Western RPGS were mostly on PC. Dungeon siege 1+2, Deus Ex 1, Neverwinter Nights, Gorky 17, Gothic 1+2, Spells of Gold, Arcanum, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1+2. They haven't considered consoles as worthy of porting to them.
Yes. It was a weird era when the devs weren’t really sure whether the console folk would like that genre. It wasn’t entirely feasible control-wise either.

I think Bethesda might’ve been the only company that tried pioneering true western RPGs on consoles by bringing Morrowind over to Xbox. In hindsight, it might’ve been their first of many mistakes to come.

ain't ps2 version are pretty shit?
Hear me out, but playing the Wii version with an authentic Wii remote is probably the best way to experience the game. It’s not as sensitive as the PC version where it feels like you’re committing a sin for playing on mouse & keyboard, and it’s not as rigid and disgusting as the PS2’s stiff analog sticks, so it’s the perfect blend with gyro support.

Playing RE4 on the original PlayStation 2 left a really bad taste in my mouth. Just thinking about playing it is nauseating, which is a shame, cause I really loved every other Shinji Mikami game.

I think Bethesda might’ve been the only company that tried pioneering true western RPGs on consoles by bringing Morrowind over to Xbox. In hindsight, it might’ve been their first of many mistakes to come.
Deus ex surprisingly had a ps2 port, they also tried to bring their sequel to all consoles but we both know how it end up (a very shitty game). KOTOR was made with consoles in mind from the start, there was also Fable 1 that launched first on xbox and then on pc, Jade Empire was on xbox, and a dumbed down Baldurs gate 1+2 which was a more of a hack'n'slash rather than a real rpg. It seems like western rpg devs only liked to launch those games on xbox instead of playstation 1/2 (one exception was a Deus Ex).

Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex

end of thread @GENSHIT CHIMPACT :lul:

I loved Killzone on the PS2. So many great quotes. Especially from the chain gun guy.

Bully, Scarface, Silent Hill 2, and Yakuza 1 and 2 are some PS2 games I really enjoyed

I got PCSX2 lately for my new laptop. I am a big fan of the PS2 era but want to try some games I haven't played before.

Preferences: Action, RPG, Fighter
Try Ys: Ark of Napishtim. Very underrated series