Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Good and bad are man made concepts

• Thread starter Deleted member 18214
  • Start date
Deleted member 18214

Deleted member 18214

Becoming the perfect being
-
Nature doesn't give a shit about either of them. Good and bad can vary between self benefit and morals brain washed to us by society. If you live life thinking things are good or bad you will be miserable. Just do whatever honestly and ignore these bs man made labels.

Good and bad exists but bad always wins
full

Good and bad exists but bad always wins
Bad is a man made concept and has no meaning. Its honestly just based on feels.

What isn't a manmade concept? There's a reason we don't return to the wild and shit on our lawns.

Ideas of "good" and "bad" are created by a society whos interests differ from individuals. They are subjective.

laws are made to scare us

What isn't a manmade concept? There's a reason we don't return to the wild and shit on our lawns.
We are animals at the end of the day. To observe normies behaviour and say we are not is idiotic. Nature does not give a shit what we do, following instincts if it makes you happy is not good or bad rather just is. I dont view anything as good or bad anymore rather just accept them.
laws are made to scare us
Laws are illuminati bullshit that have varied throughout history. Fuck Justinian and his illuminati drones for enforcing it.
OK, I'll let you cope
JFL tell me how good or bad exists

Just do whatever honestly and ignore these bs man made labels.
How do you not believe in morality, but you won't break any laws? Even ones like smoking weed where it's a slim chance you'll be caught, or be punished that harshly for it.

Yikes sweety this is problematic and you are being very edgy. We need good and bad so people like you don't cause mass shootings. Our society wouldn't function without good and bad. :soy:

How do you not believe in morality, but you won't break any laws? Even ones like smoking weed where it's a slim chance you'll be caught, or be punished that harshly for it.
You could say consequences are the closest thing to morality but only because again its a man made concept. Police that enforce it are just like us but are wearing special uniforms. If society as a whole ignored them and viewed them as nothing more than humans then their power wouldn't be there anymore hence no "laws".
Yikes sweety this is problematic and you are being very edgy. We need good and bad so people like you don't cause mass shootings. Our society wouldn't function without good and bad. :soy:
Abortion kills way more people and so do cars yet nobody gives a shit. Good and bad is fake news.

You could say consequences are the closest thing to morality but only because again its a man made concept. Police that enforce it are just like us but are wearing special uniforms. If society as a whole ignored them and viewed them as nothing more than humans then their power wouldn't be there anymore hence no "laws".

Abortion kills way more people and so do cars yet nobody gives a shit. Good and bad is fake news.
Oh sweet summer child. You sound like a sociopath. You need to get some help. :soy:

Society as a whole doesn't ignore basic morals either, like everyone knows stealing and killing is bad.

Oh sweet summer child. You sound like a sociopath. You need to get some help. :soy:
Honestly sociopaths are more sane than anyone else in this society imo. Life is one big joke and people take it too seriously. jfl
Society as a whole doesn't ignore basic morals either, like everyone knows stealing and killing is bad.
stealing = taxes and abortion = killing

Its not good or bad, it just is. Is eating animals also killing? Whats good or bad and "moral" is based on what society brain washes us with.

There's no such thing as rape in the animal kingdom.

There's no such thing as rape in the animal kingdom.
nobody gives a shit about men being raped in prison jfl. again morality is fake news etc.

i completely agree op
however i would say causing harm to someone without a justifiable reason should be considered as "bad" or "evil"

Honestly sociopaths are more sane than anyone else in this society imo. Life is one big joke and people take it too seriously. jfl
So you would throw your moral compass out of the window just because you think its subjective? What if you were drowning? Ya'll are sick! :soy:

i completely agree op
however i would say causing harm to someone without a justifiable reason should be considered as "bad" or "evil"
Is a lion hunting a zebra bad or evil? Is a woman aborting her child? There is no consistency with morals and what is classified as bad ever. Yes when making a society we should brain wash people to think this to not make the society fall out 4 but again it is neither good or bad. Completely man made concepts. Hunting is actually good for humans yet is also classed as evil.
So you would throw your moral compass out of the window just because you think its subjective? What if you were drowning? Ya'll are sick! :soy:
Just do what you want theory and ignore good or bad
a lot of animals rape though like ducks (drakes)
Thankfuck im not a duck jfl

in the end even morality is based on a utilitaristic way of thinking.
1 people are weak
2 people need to form a group in order to survive
3 people who act against the well-being of the group must be punished.
morality is designed to cover this simple process.
people are punished because they are a threat to the stability of society and not because they're inherently evil.

in the end even morality is based on a utilitaristic way of thinking.
1 people are weak
2 people need to form a group in order to survive
3 people who act against the well-being of the group must be punished.
morality is designed to cover this simple process.
people are punished because they are a threat to the stability of society and not because they're inherently evil.
High iq, if people had power they would comply to their natural instincts and ignore morality completely.

a lot of animals rape though like ducks (drakes)
I think I've read dolphins rape other animals or use them as living sex dolls. But they're considered "cute" unlike a tuna so we give them a pass.

I'm sure foids would rather be "raped" by a bottlenose over even speaking to one of us. :feelsrope:

nietzsche said that the concept of morality, from a societal standpoint, is an abstract concept derived from whatever benefits the "herd" and that objective morality does not actually exist

it's an interesting viewpoint tbh, not sure if I agree with him though

Is a lion hunting a zebra bad or evil? Is a woman aborting her child? There is no consistency with morals and what is classified as bad ever. Yes when making a society we should brain wash people to think this to not make the society fall out 4 but again it is neither good or bad. Completely man made concepts. Hunting is actually good for humans yet is also classed as evil.
as i said i agree. hunting and aborting are justifiable
but going out and killing a random person for nothing should be classified as bad because it dosent give you any benefit what so ever. Its a deed committed souley to bring others harm which should be classified as bad

morality is based on culture so even if morals are real the chances of being born into a society that is actually 100% moral is insanely low.

but going out and killing a random person for nothing should be classified as bad because it dosent give you any benefit what so ever. Its a deed committed souley to bring others harm which should be classified as bad
It could give you satisfaction in theory. Hunting and aborting are not justifiable either, because again justifiable is a man made word. It just is. Whatever person or group has the most power to enact their will will do it. It is what it is. We need to stop using man made words to describe this.
morality is based on culture so even if it morals are real the chances of being born into a society that is actually 100% moral is insanely low.
tbh

stealing = taxes and abortion = killing

Its not good or bad, it just is. Is eating animals also killing? Whats good or bad and "moral" is based on what society brain washes us with.
Society is retarded, all stealing and all killing is wrong. That's why any good person knows taxation is theft, and eating animals is wrong if there's other food around.

There will always be morality, if it was a free for all stealing and killing fest then humanity wouldn't last long.

Society is retarded, all stealing and all killing is wrong. That's why any good person knows taxation is theft, and eating animals is wrong if there's other food around.

There will always be morality, if it was a free for all stealing and killing fest then humanity wouldn't last long.
Humanity has lasted long with war jfl. Anything is just "nature" at the end of the day just given a different costume.

Humanity has lasted long with war jfl. Anything is just "nature" at the end of the day just given a different costume.
I think nature has its own morality. Like across most species they share similar codes of morality with each other for their given circumstances and abilities.

I think nature has its own morality. Like across most species they share similar codes of morality with each other for their given circumstances and abilities.
High iq

While “good” and “evil” are technically man made concepts, to think that morality is just a spook is a pretty primitive interpretation of that concept. Here’s a thought experiment:

A button appears on your desk right now. Every time you press it you get 50 cents, but someone half a world away dies in extreme agony. Once you’re done pressing it, you won’t remember a thing about pressing it and you’ll just have as much money as you’ve earned appear in front of you.

I know you’ll probably say that you’d press it like it was cookie clicker, but would you really?

While “good” and “evil” are technically man made concepts, to think that morality is just a spook is a pretty primitive interpretation of that concept. Here’s a thought experiment:

A button appears on your desk right now. Every time you press it you get 50 cents, but someone half a world away dies in extreme agony. Once you’re done pressing it, you won’t remember a thing about pressing it and you’ll just have as much money as you’ve earned appear in front of you.

I know you’ll probably say that you’d press it like it was cookie clicker, but would you really?
If life is pain death is mercy. Either way does it matter.

If life is pain death is mercy. Either way does it matter.
Yea, it kind of does. If you truly believed that the value of the pain you experience or expect to experience outweigh the value of pleasure from copes and value of potential from the future (things like a post-scarcity lifestyle from automation or genetic editing from CRISPR in our lifetimes) you would have roped already. Simple economics.

I’m not telling you to rope obviously; I’m just saying that blankly nihilist philosophies are usually pretty fragile. Even Nietzsche understood that the true art in philosophy was finding meaning in the meaningless of life.

Yea, it kind of does. If you truly believed that the value of the pain you experience or expect to experience outweigh the value of pleasure from copes and value of potential from the future (things like a post-scarcity lifestyle from automation or genetic editing from CRISPR in our lifetimes) you would have roped already. Simple economics.

I’m not telling you to rope obviously; I’m just saying that blankly nihilist philosophies are usually pretty fragile. Even Nietzsche understood that the true art in philosophy was finding meaning in the meaningless of life.
I dislike man made concepts to describe things. It is what it is.

At the end of the day, all things except atoms and emptiness are man made concepts.

That being said, those concepts are pertinent because they are useful to understand the present and predict the future. This is what physicist Sean Caroll calls poetic naturalism.

Good and bad exist. I'm bad at running, for instance. Usain Bolt is pretty good.

That exemple is trivial, but it serves as a proof of concept.

It seems to me that one problem with morality is that it has become almost entirely interpersonal : your actions are judged only with respect to their impact on others. I think this has not always been so. Classical virtues were celebrated for what they meant for the individual, allowing him for accomplish astonishing deeds, even if it was for his own sake. The hero was not necessarily altruist, but he was showing others what a human being is capable of.

Last edited:
They're subjective and are there to control us. The concepts themselves are just our brains' categories for things we should and shouldn't do, but the exact morals are decided on by those in power and the majority.

Of course they are but you know if we got rid of the concept what that would mean

nah there are self centered motives to do that, not endorsing it but there are motives

Nature doesn't give a shit about either of them. Good and bad can vary between self benefit and morals brain washed to us by society. If you live life thinking things are good or bad you will be miserable. Just do whatever honestly and ignore these bs man made labels.
Those of us who follow Dharmic beliefs already know these things :feelsokman: