Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious God is often framed as being good or evil

allDead

allDead

Silver
★★★★
I propose a third opinion; that he's retarded. You're capable of doing ANYTHING. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FUCK IT UP SO BAD. I literally couldn't have done a worse job creating a universe if I tried.
99.99999% of it is FUCKING UNINHABITABLE.
And the only known planet to host life is a FUCKED UP SHIT BRAINED HELLHOLE.
GOD MUST HAVE AN IQ OF 54 WTF KEK.

Last edited:
God is dumb theory

I'm dead serious I've never seen anyone propose this option. It checks out. God is a drooling, helmet wearing, wheelchair-bound retard
I wasn't making fun of you
God is a neckbeard playing a simulation game and doesn't realize he created an entire universe

I'm dead serious I've never seen anyone propose this option. It checks out. God is a drooling, helmet wearing, wheelchair-bound retard
:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

or he doesn't care

or he doesn't care
If he didn't care, he wouldn't have made it in the first place.
I don't do tasks that I don't have to do, because "I don't care". That doesn't make any sense.

If he didn't care, he wouldn't have made it in the first place.
I don't do tasks that I don't have to do, because "I don't care". That doesn't make any sense.
Whoever said God's actions abide by the logic of mere mortals? Perhaps the notion of a good / bad / retarded / flippant God is just as nonsensical as a good / bad / retarded / flippant pebble.

Whoever said God's actions abide by the logic of mere mortals? Perhaps the notion of a good / bad / retarded / flippant God is just as nonsensical as a good / bad / retarded / flippant pebble.
The logic that we use isn't "mortal logic". It's just logic. The idea of God being incomprehensible is a cope maintained by people whose lives are so awful they need to delude themselves into thinking that God has a purpose they can't understand. These people are totally confused; of course they don't understand their own god, because they probably don't understand anything.

Even that position is untenable, because by claiming that he's incomprehensible, those people simultaneously ascribe a property to him, which they apparently shouldn't be able to, because they're "mere" mortals. Bullshit, cope

The logic that we use isn't "mortal logic". It's just logic. The idea of God being incomprehensible is a cope maintained by people whose lives are so awful they need to delude themselves into thinking that God has a purpose they can't understand.
There is no universal God-given logic. And while I'm agnostic as to whether or not God exists, if He does exist, then I do not believe that there's a God-given raison d'être despite doubting that I can fathom the exact nature of God, let alone the impetus for his actions.
Even that position is untenable, because by claiming that he's incomprehensible, those people simultaneously ascribe a property to him, which they apparently shouldn't be able to, because they're "mere" mortals. Bullshit, cope
There's a difference in God being between fundamentally incomprehensible (ascribing incomprehensibility to God) and believing that men does not have to wherewithal to comprehend God (ascribing incomprehensibility to men).

There is no universal God-given logic. And while I'm agnostic as to whether or not God exists, if He does exist, then I do not believe that there's a God-given raison d'être despite doubting that I can fathom the exact nature of God, let alone the impetus for his actions.
You suggested that there could be a kind of logic that we cannot understand, one that god could adhere to, and I don't see how you could make that claim. It's akin to saying "there could be invisible, undetectable gnomes travelling through the earth". I mean, yes, I guess there could be. I can't prove it with 100% certainty that gnomes don't travel under the earth. But you need to demonstrate that that's reasonable in the first place (e.g.: if God could operate by some incomprehensible logic, you need to show that that's a reasonable claim, that such a kind of logic could exist in the first place, and I don't see how you could say anything other than "well, I guess he could")

You're making an unfalsifiable claim, and it's disingenuous.

There's a difference in God being between fundamentally incomprehensible (ascribing incomprehensibility to God) and believing that men does not have to wherewithal to comprehend God (ascribing incomprehensibility to men).
Okay, I agree. X is what x is. What I'm saying is that one cannot say that God is incomprehensible, because in the same breath, it is claiming to comprehend him in some way.

Last edited:
But you need to demonstrate that that's reasonable in the first place (e.g.: if God could operate by some incomprehensible logic, you need to show that that's a reasonable claim, that such a kind of logic could exist in the first place, and I don't see how you could say anything other than "well, I guess he could")
Why? Because that's the way science works? I'm under no obligation to adhere to scientific principles. You're right in that not providing any sort of evidence is a cop-out, however. In this case tho, my intention was to suggest that God need not abide by any sort of logic at all, but I suppose this discussion hinges strongly on what exactly a logic is, making the whole discussion somewhat moot.
You're making an unfalsifiable claim, and it's disingenuous.
Is any metaphysical claim not by definition unfalsifiable and hence disingenuous then?
What I'm saying is that one cannot say that God is incomprehensible, because in the same breath, it is claiming to comprehend him.
In that you are most certainly correct.

Why? Because that's the way science works? I'm under no obligation to adhere to scientific principles. You're right in that not providing any sort of evidence is a cop-out, however. In this case tho, my intention was to suggest that God need not abide by any sort of logic at all, but I suppose this discussion hinges strongly on what exactly a logic is, making the whole discussion somewhat moot.
If you want to be taken seriously, you need to demonstrate that it's reasonable because you're claiming that it might be the case. Use any method you like, scientific or otherwise. That isn't the point. The point is that if you make a claim, you need to back it up. If you want to be taken seriously.
Is any metaphysical claim not by definition unfalsifiable and hence disingenuous then?
You may be right, which is why the branch of metaphysics has its detractors, who claim it doesn't deserve to even be called a discipline. I don't know the answer to this question.

The conversation doesn't make any sense, and we're not going to get anywhere, because we're acting like we're invoking god in earnest, when I don't think we are, but we haven't even discussed which god we're talking about.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to demonstrate that it's reasonable because you're claiming that it might be the case. Use any method you like, scientific or otherwise. That isn't the point. The point is that if you make a claim, you need to back it up. If you want to be taken seriously.
I know. Unfortunately, often the best one can do is make a claim plausible. The degree of plausibility, however, often lies in the eye of the beholder.
The conversation doesn't make any sense, and we're not going to get anywhere, because we're acting like we're invoking god in earnest, when I don't think we are, but we haven't even discussed which god we're talking about.
I was largely talking about any transcendental being (or -- perhaps more correctly -- notion) in general. But you're right in that this convo is quickly dissolving into whatever we're talking about right now.

I propose a third opinion; that he's retarded. You're capable of doing ANYTHING. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FUCK IT UP SO BAD. I literally couldn't have done a worse job creating a universe if I tried.
99.99999% of it is FUCKING UNINHABITABLE.
And the only known planet to host life is a FUCKED UP SHIT BRAINED HELLHOLE.
GOD MUST HAVE AN IQ OF 54 WTF KEK.
Based post

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back