Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Fucking windowstards

Tarquinius

Tarquinius

Disregard my larping efforts. I can't change it.
★★★★
My dad doesn't understand my switch to Linux or open source software in general. He told me to print a document today, something I hadn't done and never planned to do on Linux since I ditched Windows. I connected the usb cable to my laptop, did an lsusb, it was connected.

I went into LibreOffice to print the document, it was undetected. My dad asked, "what can your garbage linux do?" and left the room. After 10 minutes I figured something out and printed the document. I handed it to him and told him my laptop isn't useless. He laughed at me.

It almost looked like he proved me right. I knew it wasn't true but something about it just hit me. I don't know why I'm crying rn. Is it because I feel defeated by windows-only hardware or because I'm an incompetent wimp?

I'm not computer savvy enough to use Linux.

I am posting this from a Windows pc right now

@Linesnap99 thoughts? :feelsStudy:

Linux is based, but boomers like your dad have a 0% chance of understanding the benefits; use it if it works for what you need. :smonk:

You made the right choice.

The occasional headaches of figuring out interfaces with other OS filesystems and hardware issues are a lot easier to deal with than they were in, say, the 90s or early 00s.

Those headaches are dwarfed by what Windows users have to deal with just to get day-to-day stuff done. Imagine, for example, batch file organization or manipulation with a mouse. (In before Powershell and Ubuntu on Windows -- those just emphasize the point.)

I'm not sweaty and overweight enough to use linux

better than forced windows updates lol