Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment FrothySolutions, The 46 Year Old Virgin

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
Merry Christmas my brothers, I have something for you. But mostly for me and my interests...

A few days back I discovered an old Plenty of Fish thread from 2007. About a man called Billbutler8, who was a 46 year old virgin. And I was so interested in it, I posted it here.

I was interested because this was from 2007, a time when I think the Internet was noticeably differenter than it is today. Most of the things we complain about here on the Internet got their start no earlier than 2012. 2014 if I'm being honest. And it was interesting to see how the Internet of 2007, specifically the Plenty of Fish forums, reacted to someone being a virgin at such an advanced age. And I was wondering, if the now times suck so badly (and they do), what would be the reaction in the now times to a post like this? If this post were made in 2019 (of 2020) would reactions be more in line with what we hate about today? I dunno, would, like, some SJWs show up, I dunno? Whatever sucks about 2019.

So I decided I would copypasta that opening post somewhere else and see what happens. But where to post it? I would post it on Reddit, but I rationalized that Reddit was the wrong format. Comparing it to the Plenty of Fish thread, the main difference between Plenty of Fish and Reddit is that Plenty of Fish is an Internet message board/forum. A relic of its time. Subreddits just work differently than forums, as a product of their format. They have different communities. This would have to be on a forum. And the best one I could find was GameFAQs. Another late-2000s haunt.

It's not a dating forum, but it is a social lounge. Maybe I'll try another forum in 2020. But for now, here's how the remnant of PotD reacted to my half-LARP about being a 46 year old virgin. I posted the opening post from Plenty Of Fish, and then I just kinda winged it from there. It's much longer than the Plenty of Fish forum. It's 248 posts long so read it by the fire with a warm beverage. There's an honest to God in the wild "yikers" from "RC the White Sounding Black Chick" in Post #48. This is what happens in 2019.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 5

Attachments

• 1577298747035.png
    1577298747035.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 37