Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

French is such a weird language

go2sleep

go2sleep

Worthless
★★★★★
NO other like it.

as a German I think Dutch and Scandinavian languages are weirder

In a sense they are, but the thing is that French is interesting by itself but also unique.

I can understand how hard it may seem if you're not a native

Not particularly hard, it's just interesting to me there is no language that sounds similar to it. When someone speaks French you immediately know it, but e.g. Spanish/Italian/Portuguese and most other languages can be easily confused. In fact, I don't think there is any other language that is so recognizable.

Not particularly hard, it's just interesting to me there is no language that sounds similar to it. When someone speaks French you immediately know it, but e.g. Spanish/Italian/Portuguese and most other languages can be easily confused. In fact, I don't think there is any other language that is so recognizable.
It's more germanic than the other med languages so yeah I see what you mean

Oui oui, monsieur.

Even tho they're more similar?
that's exactly why I think they are weird. They sound "wrong" to me. I do not understand any of them, maybe 5-10% when a dutch speaks

that's exactly why I think they are weird. They sound "wrong" to me. I do not understand any of them, maybe 5-10% when a dutch speaks
Fair enough. Interestingly, despite being Dutch, I don't feel the same way about German. I think German is a beautiful language.

Fair enough. Interestingly, despite being Dutch, I don't feel the same way about German. I think German is a beautiful language.
thanks, I personally don't really. I like Spanish even if I can't understand it at all. Sprichst du deutsch?

I'm planning to start learning it in september this year

I did French for 4 years in middle/high school and I still can understand it well if it's written or if it's spoken with subtitles or a very clear accent. But I can't speak it fluently and forgot most of the grammar. Why is car (la voiture) a feminine noun when it's the opposite in every other language derived from Latin?

i was doing well in french even if i studied little. i remember a school contest for the 200th anniversary of the french revolution in 1989 and the prize was to go to paris for the celebrations. unfortunately 1989 was the last year of the greatness of france before the german reunification the following year.

I shook my ouioui off.

I find French too chaotic and disorganized. And it just sounds gross and phlegmy, I find nothing beautiful about it. Why foids like it, boggles my fucking mind.
German is tough in the beginning, but once you get it, you get it; unlike French, it follows a logical pattern and is a well-structured language with not that many exceptions; French has a bunch of redundant, pointless rules.
I took French in high school, I hated my teacher and my predominantly foid classmates. I started learning German, initially to spite my dad who hates Germans, but eventually liked the language and was fascinated by the structure.

Je suis une pomme.

As a brazilian I think french is easier than english.

i was doing well in french even if i studied little. i remember a school contest for the 200th anniversary of the french revolution in 1989 and the prize was to go to paris for the celebrations. unfortunately 1989 was the last year of the greatness of france before the german reunification the following year.
How old are you bro:giga:

parles-tu français? j'ai un cours de français ce semestre. il est utile mais je n'aime pas que chaque nom ait un genre. apprendre la grammaire est la partie plus difficile. Désolé si ma grammaire est mauvaise

parles-tu français?
Je suis français natif donc oui

j'ai un cours de français ce semestre. il est utile mais je n'aime pas que chaque nom ait un genre. apprendre la grammaire est la partie plus difficile. Désolé si ma grammaire est mauvaise
C'est une partie qui peut être compliquée à apprendre en effet, et t'as pas fait de fautes dans ton post, bravo