Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Free Will v Determinism

Sheogorath

Sheogorath

Visionary
★★★★★

This has got me thinking, is the extreme of "incel" black-pill self-perception correlated with determinist/defeatist extremes, while "volcel" self-perception correlates with exaggerated aspiration and staying bluepilled to cope?

We have free will on a limited scale but not on a bigger one therefore we do not have free will.

I think of like this;

We are trains on a track. The train can stop whenever it wants and there are different routes to take that lead to different places. The train cannot reverse. It can only go forward. It has freedom to travel any route, yet it is still bound to tracks which lead to predetermined places.

This has got me thinking, is the extreme of "incel" black-pill self-perception correlated with determinist/defeatist extremes, while "volcel" self-perception correlates with exaggerated aspiration and staying bluepilled to cope?

Its interesting, itnk we are predetermined since we were born, circumstances vary depending on what we call "luck", i haven't had much tbh

The consequences of the past, with the past in turn being a result of previous consequences, lead to choices that one is going to make.

Let's say you went to a store, and had the decision to get a hotdog or a burger and you chose the burger. If you went back in time and had the decision again, would you choose any differently? No, because the experiences that led up to such a choice were set in stone. You could have chosen the burger for a variety of reasons, that may be any variation of things from; you had a hotdog last week and didn't like the taste of it, you prefer the taste of burgers due to past experiences or the store had a sale on burgers. Even if those previous choices were 'your choices', those choices are still determined by past experiences.

I don't believe in free will. Everything that will ever happen to you is to the best of my knowledge, not determined by you from a logical standpoint.

We have free will but the way we are treated by others is deterministic

If we do have free will, where you're born, your looks, being NT etc. is pre-determined.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back