Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

For those that graduated college

TrueForcedIncel

TrueForcedIncel

Paper bags mog me
★★
Was or was it not worth all the time and money spent going to school? How has doing so effected your life?What kind of work are you doing, how much do you make an hour and whats your degree in? Would you recomend someone going back to school?

It wasn't worth it. I did computer engineering, got 3.8 GPA, had a hard time finding a job for 2 years, now I make $46k and the work sucks fucking balls.

It wasn't worth it. I did computer engineering, got 3.8 GPA, had a hard time finding a job for 2 years, now I make $46k and the work sucks fucking balls.
do you think you could have made it without college tbh

I don’t have to wagecuck. That’s good nuff for me.

Was or was it not worth all the time and money spent going to school?
it depends on what you major. i majored in business admin. waste of time tbh. there was a class called business writing and we learned how to write memos, business emails fuckin stupid.

How has doing so effected your life?
in needless debt. i wanted the college experience of partying and bein cool. i didnt get anything like that. i learned some stuff and met a couple good friends thats it.

What kind of work are you doing, how much do you make an hour and whats your degree in?
in the family business making 45,000 a year salary with bonus on performance. i work 60+ hrs a week for sometimes 7 days straight. i just started vacation today :D

Would you recomend someone going back to school?
it depends on what you want to do. i recommend trades tbh. college is brutal to incels. i was bipolar while in college. i had days were i was happy and weeks were i was sad and no one cared about me. you can be a mechanic or electrician or hvac and make good money. save up while learnin all you can then make your own business. if your gon be in college lawyer is oversaturated. doctor ur in a lot of debt and a lot of school. something in stem where you can make good money with a bachelors. engineering or biotechnology i hear is growin fast.

Nope, go to trades school instead. Very hard to switch jobs, very high stress and the pay doesn't really cancel it out. If I did Trades, I could work up north and be making 45-50 dollars an hour working as an electrician.

Depends. I believe it worth incels if they have a realistic mindset about it. College will not cure inceldom. You are not guaranteed to get many friends or a GF. If you approach college as simply a way to get a useful degree in order to make money, it is worth it.

Was or was it not worth all the time and money spent going to school? How has doing so effected your life?What kind of work are you doing, how much do you make an hour and whats your degree in? Would you recomend someone going back to school?

Worth it? Not to me. I plan on writing a rant soon enough on a social media account since everyones so fucking happy when they graduate, need a college blackpill for these people, as outlandish and autistic as that may seem like to normies.

Effected my life? Lets see, I walked away with enough friends to maybe count on one hand. I had done the community college to university deal. All I can say for anyone going into college, go to college and live there. Branch out. The commute "youll save money" argument is horrible if youre trying to meet people. If youre going to go to college and go for something useless and have a tough time finding a job, sure, commute, but if youre actually going for something in demand thennn look into dorming. But honestly, I wasnt happy and the sadness of not getting the experience has carried over since ive graudated. I had a brief bit of euphoria from being done, but aside from that, nothing but sadness and frustration.

What kind of work am I doing? Im a file clerk at the moment making $28k a year...Its, I dont even have words. Im also working a retail job because its just not enough. Oh, and ive applied to over 500 jobs only to end up as a Temp for crap pay, so, take that for what its worth...Im short so, I wasnt exactly appealing to a lot of the people I interviewed with, mind you I showed up in a suit and presented myself professionally. Did that matter? Ha, yeah right.

Would I recommend someone going back to school? Yeah, go for something that youre actaully going to get a job in. If you go for something like Sociology, Psychology for 4 years youre screwed unless you go for a Masters and preferably a Doctorate. If you find yourself privileged enough, as mentioned earlier, to live on campus, make sure you branch out and make friends. Its just you and your roommate or whatever, live your life. If you dont have something solid, dam near guaranteed to get you a job when you get out, do. not. go. Look into a trade, because im thousands in debt right now and had to take a job thats way below my standard for pay starting out and its not what I want to be doing at all.

Give me a better job. I hate my job. I hate my life. Why did I take the unipill? All I can think about is debt. I need a master's to make good money.

Was it worth it? I guess. Socially, it was four years of hell and being attacked. But I got the degree, I have less than the average amount of debt, and I suppose some of what I learned was useful. I freelance, work from home, and am horribly depressed. When I do actually bother doing anything, I average $20/hr. Low cost of living is low motivation to do anything but game and read though.

Worth it? Not to me. I plan on writing a rant soon enough on a social media account since everyones so fucking happy when they graduate, need a college blackpill for these people, as outlandish and autistic as that may seem like to normies.

Effected my life? Lets see, I walked away with enough friends to maybe count on one hand. I had done the community college to university deal. All I can say for anyone going into college, go to college and live there. Branch out. The commute "youll save money" argument is horrible if youre trying to meet people. If youre going to go to college and go for something useless and have a tough time finding a job, sure, commute, but if youre actually going for something in demand thennn look into dorming. But honestly, I wasnt happy and the sadness of not getting the experience has carried over since ive graudated. I had a brief bit of euphoria from being done, but aside from that, nothing but sadness and frustration.

What kind of work am I doing? Im a file clerk at the moment making $28k a year...Its, I dont even have words. Im also working a retail job because its just not enough. Oh, and ive applied to over 500 jobs only to end up as a Temp for crap pay, so, take that for what its worth...Im short so, I wasnt exactly appealing to a lot of the people I interviewed with, mind you I showed up in a suit and presented myself professionally. Did that matter? Ha, yeah right.

Would I recommend someone going back to school? Yeah, go for something that youre actaully going to get a job in. If you go for something like Sociology, Psychology for 4 years youre screwed unless you go for a Masters and preferably a Doctorate. If you find yourself privileged enough, as mentioned earlier, to live on campus, make sure you branch out and make friends. Its just you and your roommate or whatever, live your life. If you dont have something solid, dam near guaranteed to get you a job when you get out, do. not. go. Look into a trade, because im thousands in debt right now and had to take a job thats way below my standard for pay starting out and its not what I want to be doing at all.

Do you live at home?

I wouldn't be able to afford anything at $28k. Would be going in debt just to survive.

Dame it sounds like a mixed bag of responses. Now I'd like to clarify that, the only reason I'm considering going back is so that I can have a "sit down" job. In other words I don't want to be doing back breaking manual labor into my 40s and beyond. My ambitions are also very modest, I'd at least like to get an associate degree for starters. But im unaware if that's enough of a qualification to go into the work force even if I was to be as the lowest level pencil pusher I wouldn't care. It's not about the money either, I just don't want to bust my ass at work physically because I'm very lazy by nature lol. Does anyone know if a aa degree in say.... Information technology can get me an office environment type job or would you say it's bachelors or bust in terms of finding employment post schooling? Because at this point going to college for the experience is not an option due to my age (24) not that I'd ever go for that anyways, since I've always been a very solitary individual and the party scene has just always irritated me since I already know i'd never get laid at these gatherings anyways hence my ince l status. I just want to work in a comfortable job where I don't have to worry about getting crushed or burned or whatever other hazards blue collar folks endure. I have an iq of 120 so I do have the intellectual capability to complete the school work with effort. Any input would be appreciated, regardless thanks for the replies!

@Grapefruit
@Vizion
@Princel
@gstvtrp

I think you can do online school to get an IT degree or cert. That would cut down on some of the debt. No need to go all in with a brick and mortar if you don't have to, especially at 24. A lot of places do ask for a Bachelor's these days. It's almost bare minimum now.
@TrueForcedIncel

Dame it sounds like a mixed bag of responses. Now I'd like to clarify that, the only reason I'm considering going back is so that I can have a "sit down" job. In other words I don't want to be doing back breaking manual labor into my 40s and beyond. My ambitions are also very modest, I'd at least like to get an associate degree for starters. But im unaware if that's enough of a qualification to go into the work force even if I was to be as the lowest level pencil pusher I wouldn't care. It's not about the money either, I just don't want to bust my ass at work physically because I'm very lazy by nature lol. Does anyone know if a aa degree in say.... Information technology can get me an office environment type job or would you say it's bachelors or bust in terms of finding employment post schooling? Because at this point going to college for the experience is not an option due to my age (24) not that I'd ever go for that anyways, since I've always been a very solitary individual and the party scene has just always irritated me since I already know i'd never get laid at these gatherings anyways hence my ince l status. I just want to work in a comfortable job where I don't have to worry about getting crushed or burned or whatever other hazards blue collar folks endure. I have an iq of 120 so I do have the intellectual capability to complete the school work with effort. Any input would be appreciated, regardless thanks for the replies!

@Grapefruit
@Vizion
@Princel
@gstvtrp

Could you manage to work in a call center? You could probably get one or two certs pretty easy and not have to pay the massive costs of college.

I have a Master's. I didn't have any college debt. I went to a community college where the credits would transfer to a traditional university and had a satellite classroom to a larger university. It was cheaper and at the end of the day my degree was from a larger university with a third of the debt.
I make more money, have better hours and more respect in general.

I have a Master's. I didn't have any college debt. I went to a community college where the credits would transfer to a traditional university and had a satellite classroom to a larger university. It was cheaper and at the end of the day my degree was from a larger university with a third of the debt.
I make more money, have better hours and more respect in general.

A master's takes six years to obtain uninterrupted I think. During your time in school was it unusual to see nontraditional students over the age of 22-26? The fact that your on this website leads me to assume that despite your academic success, it hasn't translated into the romantic aspects of your life. I'm interested in knowing if your now able to betabux with the higher tier job and also about your experience throughout the years of going to university.

Could you manage to work in a call center? You could probably get one or two certs pretty easy and not have to pay the massive costs of college.

perhaps I could manage that, I'll look into it. What's your average day on the job like? Do you have to deal with office politics and things like that? Would someone be able to just go there and do the work without having management giving them flack? why did you say your job sucks, what aspects of it do you not like on a day to day basis?

A master's takes six years to obtain uninterrupted I think. During your time in school was it unusual to see nontraditional students over the age of 22-26? The fact that your on this website leads me to assume that despite your academic success, it hasn't translated into the romantic aspects of your life. I'm interested in knowing if your now able to betabux with the higher tier job and also about your experience throughout the years of going to university.
I started college at 25 and finished at 32. I saw people much older older than me starting college. Some to change careers and others to increase their chances of promotion at their current job. In my profession, I have to keep taking classes to keep my license. College is no longer for the late teens, early 20s demographics.
Yes, I am still a virgin. My issues has always been that most women don't see me as a sexual partner. I have been friendzoned most of my life.
I used the fact that people find it easy to talk to me when choosing my career path. If I had chose a different path, I might have had a better chance at a romantic life, but I like the work I do. Besides, if I am still single by 40, I am going to the Philippines to get a wife.

Nope, go to trades school instead. Very hard to switch jobs, very high stress and the pay doesn't really cancel it out. If I did Trades, I could work up north and be making 45-50 dollars an hour working as an electrician.
Why do they get payed so high? There must be a lot of competition if the pay is that good, I am also guessing it's very difficult.

Why do they get payed so high? There must be a lot of competition if the pay is that good, I am also guessing it's very difficult.
It depends a lot of things but it's mainly because of the location. Up north, they are in dire need of electrician work because of how isolated they are. Companies are looking for willing workers all the time so it's very easy to stand out. There isn't much competition because everyone here falls for the university meme and the ones who go for electrician jobs are low IQ drunk natives. You could easily start making a lot of money fast but it is pretty difficult work. You have to be well-versed in physics and theory.

It depends a lot of things but it's mainly because of the location. Up north, they are in dire need of electrician work because of how isolated they are. Companies are looking for willing workers all the time so it's very easy to stand out. There isn't much competition because everyone here falls for the university meme and the ones who go for electrician jobs are low IQ drunk natives. You could easily start making a lot of money fast but it is pretty difficult work. You have to be well-versed in physics and theory.
I just going to do that classic incel route of internet technology. Hopefully that won't be too hard.

Do you live at home?

I wouldn't be able to afford anything at $28k. Would be going in debt just to survive.

I do live at home, thankfully. Every now and then when theres disagreements I get reminded that living there is a privilege and that if I dont like it I can leave...Whatever.

@Grapefruit
@Vizion
@Princel
@gstvtrp

As ive mentioned before, go for something thats in demand. You'd be better off getting a Bachelors in Information Tech. if anything because, at least where im from, AA's are useless. The only thing around here I think that would really be beneficial is if you went and got an AA then pursued a career such as a Paralegal. Paralegals make halfway decent money for the circumstances, ie; not in school for a fuck ton of years.

Id watch though, maybe go for something more concentrated like software development. Theres a lot of places popping up, these "coding academies" where its a couple months training, and (near where I live near NYC) you can go in making $90k starting. Thing is, you better be one hell of a coder and know programming languages like the back of your hand. Theres no easy way here unfortunately, but it all depends so who knows.

As ive mentioned before, go for something thats in demand. You'd be better off getting a Bachelors in Information Tech. if anything because, at least where im from, AA's are useless. The only thing around here I think that would really be beneficial is if you went and got an AA then pursued a career such as a Paralegal. Paralegals make halfway decent money for the circumstances, ie; not in school for a fuck ton of years.

Id watch though, maybe go for something more concentrated like software development. Theres a lot of places popping up, these "coding academies" where its a couple months training, and (near where I live near NYC) you can go in making $90k starting. Thing is, you better be one hell of a coder and know programming languages like the back of your hand. Theres no easy way here unfortunately, but it all depends so who knows.

The bootcamps are lying to you. No fucking way you can do a bootcamp and then go make $90k. Usually those are CMU, Stanford and MIT students who follow up their uni with a bootcamp and those cases are rare.

It was stressful, but yes. I couldn't imagine starting at 25.

The bootcamps are lying to you. No fucking way you can do a bootcamp and then go make $90k. Usually those are CMU, Stanford and MIT students who follow up their uni with a bootcamp and those cases are rare.

Sure about that? Not even in the city? Im pretty sure theres a demand.

Sure about that? Not even in the city? Im pretty sure theres a demand.

Yeah, I'm absolutely sure. I've done a lot of reading about bootcamps because I was considering doing one even though I already had a bachelors.

Yeah, I'm absolutely sure. I've done a lot of reading about bootcamps because I was considering doing one even though I already had a bachelors.

And here they are advertising like theyre the best thing since sliced bread...

Was or was it not worth all the time and money spent going to school?
- No. Thankfully I only spent $4500 or so for a 1 year art fundamentals program and about $3000 for "New Media Design"

Waste of money. Should have spent that in welding school or auto mechanic school

How has doing so effected your life?
- made me angrier at myself for being very stupid. One of the stupidest decisions I've made and time wasted!

What kind of work are you doing, how much do you make an hour and whats your degree in?
- I work in a warehouse as a forklift driver, and doing some welding and operating machines. I work with metal. I make about $15 something an hour. Something a highschool grad or dropout can do... as long as you're hardworking and willing to put up with dangerous work you can do it.

Would you recomend someone going back to school?
- unless it's a skilled trade (plumber, mechanic, welder, etc) or if your 1st name will be "doctor" when you're done.

Most of college was free for me thanks to my military service. It sure as shit was worth it.

I have degrees in mathematics and computer science. Currently work as a computer and information research scientist as a government contractor. Pay is $187k/yr before taxes, but I lucked out. Average pay for the job is about $104k/yr. NSA recently reached out to me and I may take a pay cut to work for them, much better job security. Their hiring process is long as fuck, though.

Most of college was free for me thanks to my military service. It sure as shit was worth it.

I have degrees in mathematics and computer science. Currently work as a computer and information research scientist as a government contractor. Pay is $187k/yr before taxes, but I lucked out. Average pay for the job is about $104k/yr. NSA recently reached out to me and I may take a pay cut to work for them, much better job security. Their hiring process is long as fuck, though.

Fuarrr you make so much. Completely mog me. How old are you?

What makes you say that?
I'm norwood 3 right now, and I'm 25. If I was starting now, I'd be NW4 at some point in college. Also, i'm glad to have my degree out of the way.

How much did you start making out of college?

About $100k, but I had military combat and leadership experience in a high IQ job (intelligence analyst/operator.. mostly operator) so I am a bit unique. Still, I would expect any mathcel to get at job that pays at least $70k if they did anything practical with their knowledge and have any social skills whatsoever.

About $100k, but I had military combat and leadership experience in a high IQ job (intelligence analyst/operator.. mostly operator) so I am a bit unique. Still, I would expect any mathcel to get at job that pays at least $70k if they did anything practical with their knowledge and have any social skills whatsoever.

Did you go to a top uni or some state school?

I'm norwood 3 right now, and I'm 25. If I was starting now, I'd be NW4 at some point in college. Also, i'm glad to have my degree out of the way.

Sorry can you enlighten me as to what Norwood means? I haven't come across this terminology before what's the difference between nw3 and 4?

Did you go to a top uni or some state school?

I went to a state school. I did go to a top school after I got discharged from the military, but I couldn't stand being around the sex charged normies and ended up doing most of my education online at a shittier school. The degrees were just a bare minimum requirement, employers cared more about my real life accomplishments.

Sorry can you enlighten me as to what Norwood means? I haven't come across this terminology before what's the difference between nw3 and 4?
The Norwood scale refers to male pattern baldness.
norwood_scale.png

As you can see, you can hide a NW3 with a long shaggy haircut (as I have right now). However, you cannot do the same with a NW4, as the balding spreads to the crown of your head. At that point, most people choose to buzz their hair short, or shave it off completely. As you can imagine, that's not ideal for a youthful environment such as college.

Oof, I thought comp Eng was a really good degree to have.

*For those WHO graduated college

The Norwood scale refers to male pattern baldness.
norwood_scale.png

As you can see, you can hide a NW3 with a long shaggy haircut (as I have right now). However, you cannot do the same with a NW4, as the balding spreads to the crown of your head. At that point, most people choose to buzz their hair short, or shave it off completely. As you can imagine, that's not ideal for a youthful environment such as college.

Man I guess that's one thing I can't complain about, but I mean your in your mid twenties and losing your hair already? I thought that's something that happens around your 40s. It sucks too because balding ages you.

Man I guess that's one thing I can't complain about, but I mean your in your mid twenties and losing your hair already? I thought that's something that happens around your 40s. It sucks too because balding ages you.
Yeah, it adds alot of pressure to life.

bro everything about u is goals. i have a degree in computer science but i cant find shit. i landed a 15$ hr data analyst job but got fired after a week for not being a "culture fit" :( any advice on a good book or 2 to read that can guarantee me some employment? thanks for setting a great example for us bro

I wish I went to trade school instead of college. I don't think that college was worth it because I'm back where I started when i graduated high school. But, now I'm working two jobs just to live pay check by pay check.

In the third year of my MBBS, is it worthless? no. My answer will likely not change. Granted I am doing an undergraduate Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery which in itself and its international equivalents have a high percentage of graduate employability, I would only recommend going back to school as a mature student if the degree you hope to do is directly related to the vocation you're looking at entering such as accounting or another professional degree which requires a centralized registrational body certification.

Going back and doing a masters or another graduate-level course is beneficial and can open up your current prospect further, in most cases these are only 1-2 year courses and generally are worth the money. However, going back to university after never having completed a previous degree and studying any bachelors degree is questionably worth it, ask yourself what you feasibly don't mind doing after obtaining your degree & whether your current life experience would allow you to go for relatively high positions straight away or whether you would have the start fresh.

bro everything about u is goals. i have a degree in computer science but i cant find shit. i landed a 15$ hr data analyst job but got fired after a week for not being a "culture fit" :( any advice on a good book or 2 to read that can guarantee me some employment? thanks for setting a great example for us bro

I've come across wayy too many incompetent people to think that it is knowledge that will get you a good job. All you have to do is convince people that you know how to do the job well enough to get paid for it, and you are a tolerable person to be around.

What I did was basically make upa completely bullshit resume that was the ideal candidate for the job. Then I modified it unit it wasn't completely bullshit.

Job interviews I truly have an idgaf attitude since I know they think I am qualified at that point, otherwise why would they waste their time calling me in? Just dress nice, show up early, and put on your best normie face. When they ask if I have any questions, I always ask questions as if it is your first day on the job.