Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel for religiouscels - reading Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

• Thread starter microDongCityUSA
  • Start date
microDongCityUSA

microDongCityUSA

Major
★★★★★
Possible Lifefuel for religouscels - gives a simple explanation of why Money and Women are impermanent and disgusting

Full free pdf of book - Chapter 1 start on page 83 http://www.vedanta-nl.org/GOSPEL.pdf or here https://archive.org/stream/GospelOf...anathGupta/TheGospelOfSriRamakrishna_djvu.txt

Further, by meditating on God in solitude the mind acquires knowledge, dispassion, and
devotion. But the very same mind goes downward if it dwells in the world. In the world there is
only one thought: 'woman and gold'.

MASTER: "Yes, discrimination about objects. Consider - what is there in money or in a
beautiful body? Discriminate and you will find that even the body of a beautiful woman consists of
bones, flesh, fat, and other disagreeable things. Why should a man give up God and direct his
attention to such things? Why should a man forget God for their sake?"

"The bound souls are tied to the world by the fetters of 'woman and gold'. They are bound
hand and foot. Thinking that 'woman and gold' will make them happy and give them security, they
do not realize that it will lead them to annihilation. When a man thus bound to the world is about
to die, his wife asks, 'You are about to go; but what have you done for me?' Again, such is his
attachment to the things of the world that, when he sees the lamp burning brightly, he says: 'Dim
the light. Too much oil is being used.' And he is on his death-bed!

Last edited:
Is this Hindu? The words look familiar.

religion is a good cope, the heirarchy of this world with good looks, money, fame/status isn't that important so you feel less down not excelling in those areas

yep!
I might give it a read, I have been considering going back to Hindu

I might give it a read, I have been considering going back to Hindu

I only started reading but i really like it, Currycels have a wealth of wisdom in religious texts that seems to go unnoticed by modern society