Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Foids and Life are a "Sunk Cost Fallacy"

• Thread starter Deleted member 19756
  • Start date
Deleted member 19756

Deleted member 19756

Non-Cuck
-
The longer you boyos invest into your lives, the more returns you will hope for. One day you may give up all hope, but in the back of your mind you'll believe you might succeed. Foids sucker cucks into relationships by making them invest lots of resources before she puts out.

I never thought of it like this very insightful

The greatest enemy of the incel is hope, and no amount of blackpills can silence its voice. This is why the incel who has it in his mind that he could ascend is the most condemned of us all. It is better to be a deformedcel, get used to your lot in life, and not go through additional needless turmoil. This is why the most neurotic incels, such as Elliot, are so often close to normie status, and even wheelchair curry is more contented than him.

Basic economic theory tells you that we should not take sunk costs into account when making decisions because they are not recoverable.

My whole life is a "sunk cost."

There's no cure in that direction.
Basic economic theory tells you that we should not take sunk costs into account when making decisions because they are not recoverable.
Actually. That's a good reason to consider them. No one wants a bad investment.

very true. I don't invest in my life in any way. I simply rot with copes one day to the next. input as little as possible. expend no energy, eat lots of food, sleep tons. go from a fap to a vidya game to a tv show to the forum to rot in bed to vidya repeat etc. cope until the next day of wagie slavery.

I understand the basic idea behind the sunk cost fallacy, but it is called a fallacy exactly due to that line of thought. When you make a bad choice, it's better to cut your losses than to hold your bags and hope for a miraculous turnaround.

I understand the basic idea behind the sunk cost fallacy, but it is called a fallacy exactly due to that line of thought. When you make a bad choice, it's better to cut your losses than to hold your bags and hope for a miraculous turnaround.
Yeah. I just read the article.

I've made lots of bad choices, but I also had bad options.

I think about sunk costs a lot these days.

only way to avoid this is be hot and have girls come to you

A "sunk cost" is already incurred, so there's no reason to consider them. I see individuals hold on to investments after a drop in its value, based only on the idea that they don't want a bad investment, instead of taking into account future performance. That's not logical.
If you are an incel, the only thing worth investing in is careermaxxing. You gotta be able to buy your copes somehow.

Last edited:
The sunken cost of money can be recovered. The sunken cost of time cannot.

Last edited:
A "sunk cost" is already incurred, so there's no reason to consider them. I see individuals hold on to investments after a drop in its value, based only on the idea that they don't want a bad investment, instead of taking into account future performance. That's not logical.
If you are an incel, the only thing worth investing in is careermaxxing. You gotta be able to buy your copes somehow.
A lot of youngcels want to kill themselves, but the more they invest into life, the harder it will be.

I'm a crippled neetcel. My copes are cheap. (Mostly internet research)

But yeah. I'm starting to consider my loses to be like "something that had to happen in order to benefit in other ways." Like car repair. - not like I have a car. But I know how much it costs to maintain one. Bike repair...

It's just upsetting to lose. Time or money and not get some kind of return. Like buying junk instead of quality.