Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Focus on graphics has ruined gaming

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
Greater the graphics longer the development time and more expensive the project thus less risks taken. Focus on graphics is something that's actively destroying the game industry. Compare the amount and variety of PS3 exclusives to PS5 exclusives. PS3 had over 181 exclusives. PS5 has 5 or 6? And half of them are movie games and ports!

The only major game company that releases games anymore (even if they're of poor quality) is Nintendo. Why does Nintendo release games at greater rates than their competitors? Because the switch is weak. I guarantee if switch was as powerful as PS5 you'd never see games. It looks like switch 2 is already struggling with long development times https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...reholder Q&A,and make "necessary investments".

The sad truth is companies are right to focus on graphics over gameplay. Games with long development times, mediocre gameplay and great graphics always sell at greater quantities. Look at any rockstar game or the recent monkey game souls clone.

I agree, nothing wrong with nice graphics in vidya but they should be just a bonus, not the main focus.

I might be in the minority, but I don't share people's feelings on the Switch. With the complaints that it puts out games that look like PS2 games.

Because graphical fidelity, is mind-numbingly boring, to me. Specially after Capcom, since RE 7, have released games that look exactly the same, besides arguably SF 6.

I want the Switch 2 to keep focusing on art style and art direction, and let Sony masturbate over graphical fidelity

I just want the Switch 2 to be able to run games at a perfect 60fps.
That would be excellent.

Could care less about 4k, 8k, fucking 16k.
Give me a 720p game that runs smoothly.

Could care less about 4k, 8k, fucking 16k.
Give me a 720p game that runs smoothly.
This, I rather have 60 fps as a minimum. I don't really obsess over ray tracing & all that other jargon unless the game has a unique art style like Persona 5.

This, I rather have 60 fps as a minimum. I don't really obsess over ray tracing & all that other jargon unless the game has a unique art style like Persona 5.
Yeah, that type of stuff is really good to elevate a interesting art style.

But for graphical fidelity, is just bland.

i have similar viewpoint

Jewish plot to make you buy GPU, next console

graphics need to be focused on. if you don't care about the visuals go read a book

i do agree games being 8k hyper realistic is too much. borderlands 2 for example had a very simple but visually stunning and unique comic book style. companies just need to be brave that's all.

Same thing with CS. The reason it was such a popular game was because it was mostly a CPU-intensive game so even third-worlders can play it, but now they made CS2 more graphic-intensive.

Greater the graphics longer the development time and more expensive the project thus less risks taken. Focus on graphics is something that's actively destroying the game industry. Compare the amount and variety of PS3 exclusives to PS5 exclusives. PS3 had over 181 exclusives. PS5 has 5 or 6? And half of them are movie games and ports!

The only major game company that releases games anymore (even if they're of poor quality) is Nintendo. Why does Nintendo release games at greater rates than their competitors? Because the switch is weak. I guarantee if switch was as powerful as PS5 you'd never see games. It looks like switch 2 is already struggling with long development times https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/07/nintendo-president-says-longer-game-development-cycles-are-unavoidable#:~:text=During the recent shareholder Q&A,and make "necessary investments".

The sad truth is companies are right to focus on graphics over gameplay. Games with long development times, mediocre gameplay and great graphics always sell at greater quantities. Look at any rockstar game or the recent monkey game souls clone.
I thought it was Sony too busy making movie games like mgs but less gameplay

graphics need to be focused on. if you don't care about the visuals go read a book

i do agree games being 8k hyper realistic is too much. borderlands 2 for example had a very simple but visually stunning and unique comic book style. companies just need to be brave that's all.
The problem is graphics all ready look good after ps2 era the problem is company focus too much on graphics and not gameplay where the game feels like a movie but norimes love graphics get hype about it it's why marketing all ways focus on it

Also games are getting more expensive to make I don't think it's graphics alone some other is raising up the price even with lastest tech like unreal engine

Graphics peaked in 2015 anyway so i dunno why they even bother improving it and failing every time.

Graphics peaked in 2015 anyway so i dunno why they even bother improving it and failing every time.
Gameplay doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is spectacle so there's a constant competition among companies to make the best looking and most movie like game.

This, I rather have 60 fps as a minimum. I don't really obsess over ray tracing
I stopped giving a fuck about Digital Foundry and their videos since half of their shitty analysis/deep dives are jerking off to the worthless gaytracing.

Great graphics mean fuck all if the gameplay is terrible.

I stopped giving a fuck about Digital Foundry and their videos since half of their shitty analysis/deep dives are jerking off to the worthless gaytracing.
I stopped giving a shit after they sperged about stellar blade being sexist. The main guy there is literally a feminist faggot btw.

Great graphics mean fuck all if the gameplay is terrible.

I agree
Gameplay is much more important than graphics

I stopped giving a shit after they sperged about stellar blade being sexist. The main guy there is literally a feminist faggot btw.
Yeah that too i hate that chadlite faggot

Chad lite?
one in a middle

Stylized graphics are the best. There not as hard to render as realistic graphics and they tend to “last longer” and by that I mean they won’t age as hard. It’s no wonder why games like classic wow and RuneScape are still popular and have massive playerbases

Stylized graphics are the best. There not as hard to render as realistic graphics and they tend to “last longer” and by that I mean they won’t age as hard. It’s no wonder why games like classic wow and RuneScape are still popular and have massive playerbases
Agreed.

To be fair, game development was always technological arms race.
By the time Doom rolled out, any game made on Wolfenstein engine was dead in the water, by the time Build engine rolled out any game made on Doom engine was considered outdated and sales suffered from it, by the time Quake rolled out it became wild chase after getting 3D graphics ASAP, many projects got canned because studio would try to switch from pseudo-3D graphics to true Quake 3D graphics and fail or spend too much time doing it and either just give up on the project or make rushed out mess.
And all of these were "retro" games which had visible pixels :lul: (well, not really due to way they were rendered on monitors but you get my drift).

i think most people dont care about graphics. a lot of people still play old games if they are fun.