Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Final Fantasy 1

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
Almost finished with final fantasy 1 on PSP. Really enjoying it so far. I beat 7 before but never finished any other entry in the series. I dabbled in 6 a bit and got bored. ( Call me a normie faggot) There's a lot of things in it that make it feel unique. The class system for example adds a great amount of freedom and makes it more similar to western tabletop rpgs than your typical JRPG.

The music is fantastic. I especially enjoy the melancholic theme played during the chaos dungeon and water shrine

View: https://youtu.be/ENzSOPTCnys?si=B7A-fzFfvKaDx2PR

However the game hasn't aged perfectly. I wouldn't suggest playing anything outside of the dungeons without a guide. There's a ton of things required for progress that are not obvious with 0 apparent clue you were supposed to do them. It's similar to the original Legend of Zelda where the game was designed like this to push playtime by having the player explore every inch of the map. Again, not something I personally enjoy doing.

Outside of that there's really not that many flaws. It's a great time. I'll be looking forward to playing 2.

yeah these old ff games need a hd-2d remake

yeah these old ff games need a hd-2d remake
It's weird they didn't port the PSP remasters to modern consoles. They're still the best looking versions. Pixel remaster has better music tho.

true thing is i don't like the remaster sprites

Really looking getting into final fantasy games missed out on it for whatever reason lol thinking on starting with 7 og

Really looking getting into final fantasy games missed out on it for whatever reason lol thinking on starting with 7 og
Good place to start. It's aged well

I got part way through it (also psp version), got bored and couldn't be bothered to finish it.

big fan of the psp version. I really enjoy the graphics on it and psp is just such a dope console.