Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious FIDELITATIS IN ÆTERNVM

• Thread starter Deleted member 24726
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24726

Self-banned
-
I propose a new motto to unite us with the entire incelosphere in our times of greatest despair: "FIDELITATIS IN ÆTERNVM"
('Brotherhood to eternity')

I'm sorry you got no reply

Sempre Gumby!

FIDELITATIS IN ÆTERNVM

I think if we needed a Latin motto we could use "Finitus est" or something. Et habeo quaestionem, OP. Potesne vere lingam Latinam loqui? Velne habes amicum qui latine loquitur vel qui tam? (My Latin isn't the best, I've started learning quite recently..)

An eternity of torment

your avi gave me nostalgia

Liberté and Einigkeit

Doesn't sound bad

I think if we needed a Latin motto we could use "Finitus est" or something. Et habeo quaestionem, OP. Potesne vere lingam Latinam loqui? Velne habes amicum qui latine loquitur vel qui tam? (My Latin isn't the best, I've started learning quite recently..)
Wouldn't "Finitus est" mean "It is finite"?

The short answer is no I don't speak it yet, nor do I know any speakers personally, but would like to learn.
I do have a Latin-English dictionary which I tend to flip through from time to time. I thought it would be interesting to have a Latin motto; so I did my best with what I knew. Though I do think grammatical correctness is important here too.

On another note, the only thing preventing me from learning Latin or any other language, is primarily my indecisiveness. Usually I don't know if or where I would use a language, so I never know where to start. In Latins' case, I keep bouncing back and forth; it's a beautiful language and could prove very useful in some academic fields or if I were to go to The Vatican, but I also know you can forget a language if you don't use it consistently. I never understood how polyglots can still be fluent in so many languages regardless whether or not they're using them consistently. In short, I guess what prevents my linguistic ambitions is blurry practicality (if that makes any sense lol).

I see you take interest in linguistics too, refreshing to find people like you. Perhaps we should talk?

Thanks for the suggestion btw! - GrandmasterPaxcel
An eternity of torment
Rise and rot, but still we rise.

Last edited:
Wouldn't "Finitus est" mean "It is finite"?

The short answer is no I don't speak it yet, nor do I know any speakers personally, but would like to learn.
I do have a Latin-English dictionary which I tend to flip through from time to time. I thought it would be interesting to have a Latin motto; so I did my best with what I knew. Though I do think grammatical correctness is important here too.

On another note, the only thing preventing me from learning Latin or any other language, is primarily my indecisiveness. Usually I don't know if or where I would use a language, so I never know where to start. In Latins' case, I keep bouncing back and forth; it's a beautiful language and could prove very useful in some academic fields or if I were to go to The Vatican, but I also know you can forget a language if you don't use it consistently. I never understood how polyglots can still be fluent in so many languages regardless whether or not they're using them consistently. In short, I guess what prevents my linguistic ambitions is blurry practicality (if that makes any sense lol).

I see you take interest in linguistics too, refreshing to find people like you. Perhaps we should talk?

Thanks for the suggestion btw! - GrandmasterPaxcel
I think "finitus" means both "finite" and "over".. but my Latin isn't good enough either. I wanna practice however so it would be good for us to talk.
Also, incels.co doesn't allow me to use the chat option to talk with you, maybe because you're a new account..

Last edited:
I think "finitus" means both "finite" and "over".. but my Latin isn't good enough either. I wanna practice however so it would be good for us to talk.
Also, incels.co doesn't allow me to use the chat option to talk with you, maybe because you're a new account..
Ah, yea I see what you were getting at "It's (all) over" kinda thing, I like that too. I was going for more of a "If we suffer, we suffer as brothers" kinda thing, tho.

Greycel tier post ngl