Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Fiction mogged by reality in 1992

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Luminary
★★★★★
Fiction: "Noooooo:soy:! As cool as it would be to have those three villains interact in a movie, you can't have that:soy:. The copyright law is complicated, we have to think about how to put their mythologies and backstories together, find a way to bring them all to the same place, think of a satisfying plot involving highlights for all of them, expand on their characters in a satisfying way, and so on..."

s-l1200.jpg

Some absolutely random study from 1992: "Yo, we were scratching our noggins how often serial rapists see or experience incest in their childhoods, so we just got our asses up and asked 41 serial rapists with hundreds of victims about their childhoods:chad::chad:."

The 41 serial rapists reported 837 rapes and 401 attempted rapes of strangers. Of this number, there were 200 convictions. The hidden rape statistics from these subjects' early and mid-adolescent age period accounted for an additional 100 known victims (e.g., siblings, cousins, neighborhood girls, and dates). The number of rapes of strangers committed by those in the sample ranged from 10 to 59 with a mean of 30 per offender.

An exploration of incest in the childhood development of serial rapists

dumb it down for me

I doubt they actually brought them all together.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say :feelshehe:

Read the article, it is about incestuous rape during a child's development, committed by authority figures present in the house.
I know, but I don't understand how that relates to the whole jason, michael, and freddy thing. I doubt that they would ever try to make the villains have a realistic background because they don't want the audience to sympathize with those characters.

They tried to do that in the nightmare on elm street remake by setting up that he may be innocent, but then they pulled a complete one eighty at the end and were like hell nah he's definitely guilty.

I know, but I don't understand how that relates to the whole jason, michael, and freddy thing. I doubt that they would ever try to make the villains have a realistic background because they don't want the audience to sympathize with those characters.

They tried to do that in the nightmare on elm street remake by setting up that he may be innocent, but then they pulled a complete one eighty at the end and were like hell nah he's definitely guilty.
It's an analogy in the form of sarcasm, fiction was mogged by study.

dumb it down for me
I don't quite understand what you're trying to say :feelshehe:
Fictional franchises can't bring even a small group of unrelated characters into a single piece of media (whether a movie or a book or whatever) without massive amounts of effort and legal challenges, meanwhile researchers IRL can bring dozens of real-life villains into a piece of their media (a study) with basically no issue.