Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Fellow OCDcels, what compulsive habits/rituals do you have?

Valiant Virgin

Valiant Virgin

Just a face in the crowd
★★★★★
I thought it'd be interesting to see how other OCDcels' habits compare to mine. My most prominent rituals are:

Checking doors - when leaving my home, after locking the door, I press down on the door handle 10 times with both hands in turn. Even after doing this, I sometimes come back and press down on it again. Last thing at night before going to bed, I press down on it at least 30 times in rapid succession. I know it's locked, and I'm fully aware that checking so many times is irrational, but I feel I have to do it.

Ironing - I have to thoroughly iron everything I wear, including hats, boxers and socks. When ironing socks, I go over them from left to right five times, then turn them over and go over them five times again.

Tidiness/positioning - all products in my cupboards are arranged neatly with product labels facing forward. I have a table in my living room with table mats which have to be perfectly straight and aligned with one another. When I clean the table, I take the mats off, and when putting them back on I use my measuring tape to make sure they're positioned equidistant from the ends of the table.

Cleanliness - this is probably the most annoying facet of OCD for me. I'm constantly picking up tiny specks of dirt and hairs from my floor and carpets. I can't completely relax if I'm sitting and see them there.

I thought it'd be interesting to see how other OCDcels' habits compare to mine. My most prominent rituals are:

Checking doors - when leaving my home, after locking the door, I press down on the door handle 10 times with both hands in turn. Even after doing this, I sometimes come back and press down on it again. Last thing at night before going to bed, I press down on it at least 30 times in rapid succession. I know it's locked, and I'm fully aware that checking so many times is irrational, but I feel I have to do it.

Ironing - I have to thoroughly iron everything I wear, including hats, boxers and socks. When ironing socks, I go over them from left to right five times, then turn them over and go over them five times again.

Tidiness/positioning - all products in my cupboards are arranged neatly with product labels facing forward. I have a table in my living room with table mats which have to be perfectly straight and aligned with one another. When I clean the table, I take the mats off, and when putting them back on I use my measuring tape to make sure they're positioned equidistant from the ends of the table.

Cleanliness - this is probably the most annoying facet of OCD for me. I'm constantly picking up tiny specks of dirt and hairs from my floor and carpets. I can't completely relax if I'm sitting and see them there.
these are good rituals

I don't think I have OCD or anything, but when I was 4 or so, I used to HAVE to touch every single piece of furniture once at least and if I touched it more than once then I'd have to go back and touch every other one one more time. I seem to have grown out of it, though.

I cut my fingernails very short

fapping a lot to blunt sexual urges as much as possible

peeling skin off after a sunburn

hand washing, skin care routine, tidiness, eating the same thing for lunch for yrs

eating the same thing for lunch for yrs
This applies to me too - I eat the same meals nearly every day - but for me I think this is an aspect of Asperger's more than OCD. I have a fixation with routine, and this is one facet of this fixation.