Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Fear of being alone at night

brokenheartcel

brokenheartcel

it was over when you were born
★★
How cruel is this world where I am a friendless loser who lives with a roommate, and yet is fearful of being alone at night when my roommate isn't there. I literally can't even sleep in my room with the door closed without a light on, and I always feel like there's something or someone watching me. I honestly have accepted and have come to terms with everything negative in my life at this point, but this fear of the dark and being alone in a home is truly disconcerting. Lads, would therapy help me get over this? honestly considering just necking myself every time I find myself to be home alone at night

If a murderer came into my house at night I would welcome him tbh.

Well, what scares you? Is it the darkness, do you hear sounds or something or is it literally just being alone?

I have 2 pellet guns and 2 combat knives and that is all I have to defend myself.
Only way an attacker can enter my apartment is thru the door but it's always double locked.
After breaking into my apartment he has to break into my room itself for all the valuable items. :lul:
By then I'm awake, I'll shoot him with my .22 caliber pellet rifle, empty my pellet pistol and then charge him with my knife.

I have lead pellets for extra ouchy.

Don’t be scared buddy boyo, there is nothing that can hide in the darkness
0F92AD98 D657 4A4C 8224 1862B49DB2AD

C993785C 2B27 4F50 B2BE 6C08AF100AD6

Well, what scares you? Is it the darkness, do you hear sounds or something or is it literally just being alone?

supernatural shit, like thinking there is some spectre in the room waiting to attack me. it's not a rational fear, and i have thought about looking for professional help in getting over this hump. The only way i can feel comfortable is if i drink to excess and lose inhibition, but I'd rather not drug cope anymore

Buy a gun or buy a dog that slep with you or a cat.

Buy a gun or buy a dog that slep with you or a cat.

gun won't work because my fear is irrational, dog really could fix everything though. Since i grew up muslim, I'm still kinda averse to dogs, but that honestly might be the best move

seems so strange to have this fear when you have the internet, you can just talk to someone online at any time, then go to bed with that feeling of being connected
ngl i would get the heebie jeebies if this shit was down and i had to spend a few nights like that
would probably submerge myself in reading again but it would still be sad as fuck

no sense, how old are you?

seems so strange to have this fear when you have the internet, you can just talk to someone online at any time, then go to bed with that feeling of being connected
ngl i would get the heebie jeebies if this shit was down and i had to spend a few nights like that
would probably submerge myself in reading again but it would still be sad as fuck

It's a debilitating life problem honestly. I have now decided to work nights and go to school during the morning because of how bad it's become
no sense, how old are you?

supernatural shit, like thinking there is some spectre in the room waiting to attack me. it's not a rational fear, and i have thought about looking for professional help in getting over this hump. The only way i can feel comfortable is if i drink to excess and lose inhibition, but I'd rather not drug cope anymore
Go to a doctor brother. You have nothing to lose, worst case scenario is that it doesn't work but I hope you are able to fight through this issue.

If a murderer came into my house at night I would welcome him tbh.
in my country you are not allowed to defend yourself in your home or property, if burglar comes in and you beat him or kill him you are getting sued or going to jail jfl

Go to a doctor brother. You have nothing to lose, worst case scenario is that it doesn't work but I hope you are able to fight through this issue.

I will make the call to see a shrink on monday, but I am worried their help will not be enough. If they try to prescribe drugs, I would be pretty hesitant. But thanks for the support bro, you guys are the only people i talk to in general.

in my country you are not allowed to defend yourself in your home or property, if burglar comes in and you beat him or kill him you are getting sued or going to jail jfl
Same here jfl.

I will make the call to see a shrink on monday, but I am worried their help will not be enough. If they try to prescribe drugs, I would be pretty hesitant. But thanks for the support bro, you guys are the only people i talk to in general.
Not a problem brother, that is a big step and I hope it starts to help. It will be a long road but i will be rooting for you.

You are right to be hesitant about the drugs and I understand why but please do not dismiss them out of hand. Ask questions, speak about the side effects and possible downsides but make a reasoned decision. I was very against brain pills but my life has improved tenfold after I was prescribed Sertraline. I was barely able to leave the house, I was shaking with anxiety and had a nearly successful rope attempt but after many months I am able to function. They work differently for different people but sometimes they are the correct option. My doctor says it may be possible to wean off them shortly.

Stay strong brother. You are not alone as long as you have .co.

I hear shit when i sleep alone at night too, i just got over it by putting soothing and calm music to play on my phone until i woke up, now i don't even need that. Try it yourself.

Same here jfl.

Not a problem brother, that is a big step and I hope it starts to help. It will be a long road but i will be rooting for you.

You are right to be hesitant about the drugs and I understand why but please do not dismiss them out of hand. Ask questions, speak about the side effects and possible downsides but make a reasoned decision. I was very against brain pills but my life has improved tenfold after I was prescribed Sertraline. I was barely able to leave the house, I was shaking with anxiety and had a nearly successful rope attempt but after many months I am able to function. They work differently for different people but sometimes they are the correct option. My doctor says it may be possible to wean off them shortly.

Stay strong brother. You are not alone as long as you have .co.

Again, I really do appreciate your support and kind words. They mean more than you think.

I'm glad that taking that ssri has helped you break out of your anxiety and has made you more open in general. It seems to have really contributed to a better quality of life. I actually used to take sertraline last year and It did nothing at all for me but numb me from feeling the pain of the situation my life was in at the moment, nor did it help stem my terrible night terrors from occurring. If the doctor were to prescribe me any benzo, I would probably end up getting addicted to them. It just seems like nothing is going to work, but I will go in to therapy and humble myself and try to not be defeatist about it. If this doesn't work, I just might rope. It's not normal for a grown man to have this fear.

What a clownworld we live in. Btw OP i highly recommend loud fans and ear plugs

Last edited: