Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Fear & Hunger: My opinion.

My Name Jeff

My Name Jeff

SIGMATOSIS
★★★★★
Saw this game recommended through random Youtube shorts a few times, of course those shorts promote the game in the best light but here is my honest opinion.

short: Don't play

long: This game clearly wants to be extremely difficult for the sake of being difficult. no tutorial, very complex RNG mechanics right from the start that can destroy your entire run from something as simple as stepping on a tile that has a nail. This requires many hours of studying and research to understand the basics for essentially no payoff. Even if you understand the basic mechanics, your run can be ruined by the immense RNG. If you spend dozens of hours researching and understanding more advanced mechanics to be able to play in the later game, you still get no payoff as again RNG can ruin a multi-hour run in seconds with no way of countering.

The atmosphere of the game is.. good. I will give it that, it is very eerie, creepy, and dark. Very well done pixel art, but that is where it falls off. It becomes raunchy/gory/sexual very quickly for shock factor and not in any real way that makes sense or enhances the game. It is simply a cheap shock to make you go "wow" and for gaming people to promote as "wow you wouldn't believe what this game did". And yes, majority of the nudity is males and is done in a way to degrade males which makes a lot of sense with my next point.

Alongside that, this game has VERY heavy the message under and overtones. Lots of not-so-subtle pushing of homosexual, transexual, femboy, and overall LGBT narrative. In the second game that follows up this one, it goes from a not-so-subtle to very direct and obvious pushing of this, which just proves my point as true to the creators intent.

This game has no real story and is just random, not well connected, lore dumps every once in a while so there isn't any real story to critique.

I would avoid this game if you ever see it and think to try it.

In the second game that follows up this one, it goes from a not-so-subtle to very direct and obvious pushing of this, which just proves my point as true to the creators intent.
There's literally a crossdressing playable character JFL. It's content bait for redditors to bite.

I think you're too harsh on the lore. It's really good for an indie game. I've spent more time reading the game's wiki than I have attempting to "play" it.

Ragnvaldr mogs everyone else.

I think you're too harsh on the lore. It's really good for an indie game. I've spent more time reading the wiki than I have attempting to "play" it.
It isn't really that good, and isn't given directly in natural gameplay. Instead it is a lore dump here and there, nothing structured and given to the player.

If you want to see a really good indie game story, check out FAITH the unholy trinity.

Saw this game recommended through random Youtube shorts a few times, of course those shorts promote the game in the best light but here is my honest opinion.

short: Don't play

long: This game clearly wants to be extremely difficult for the sake of being difficult. no tutorial, very complex RNG mechanics right from the start that can destroy your entire run from something as simple as stepping on a tile that has a nail. This requires many hours of studying and research to understand the basics for essentially no payoff. Even if you understand the basic mechanics, your run can be ruined by the immense RNG. If you spend dozens of hours researching and understanding more advanced mechanics to be able to play in the later game, you still get no payoff as again RNG can ruin a multi-hour run in seconds with no way of countering.

The atmosphere of the game is.. good. I will give it that, it is very eerie, creepy, and dark. Very well done pixel art, but that is where it falls off. It becomes raunchy/gory/sexual very quickly for shock factor and not in any real way that makes sense or enhances the game. It is simply a cheap shock to make you go "wow" and for gaming people to promote as "wow you wouldn't believe what this game did". And yes, majority of the nudity is males and is done in a way to degrade males which makes a lot of sense with my next point.

Alongside that, this game has VERY heavy the message under and overtones. Lots of not-so-subtle pushing of homosexual, transexual, femboy, and overall LGBT narrative. In the second game that follows up this one, it goes from a not-so-subtle to very direct and obvious pushing of this, which just proves my point as true to the creators intent.

This game has no real story and is just random, not well connected, lore dumps every once in a while so there isn't any real story to critique.

I would avoid this game if you ever see it and think to try it.
Classic lefty bait hits all the marks