Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Favourite fish?

Pet: Bluegill fish or pond catfish. They are cool to put in a pond and watch swim around. I used to keep them as pets in my small pond, but I got sick of the work and released them.

Eat: wild-caught Alaska Pollock, which is what is in a Filet-O-Fish sandwich at McDonald's

Probably salmon but I think I would also like to try a shark. Yes sharks are also eaten

:feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:
bruh I actually looked into sharkmeat and it's extremely toxic
I cant eat it

Eating shark meat​

Yes, shark meat is edible and has been consumed for centuries in various cultures. However, its consumption is not without controversy and precautions.
Preparation and Handling
To ensure food safety, shark meat should be handled and prepared properly:
  1. Bleed and gut the shark immediately after catching to prevent blood and urea from affecting the meat’s flavor and texture.
  2. Soak the fillets in lemon juice or buttermilk to remove any ammonia-like flavor and odor.
  3. Cook the shark meat thoroughly to an internal temperature of at least 145°F (63°C) to kill bacteria and parasites.
Taste and Texture
Shark meat is often described as having a meaty and mild flavor, with a hint of sweetness. The texture is moist but not chewy, similar to alligator or chicken. It can be cooked in various ways, including grilling, baking, or pan-searing.
Species and Mercury Content
Not all sharks are suitable for eating, and some species contain high levels of mercury. The FDA recommends limiting consumption of shark meat, especially for pregnant women and children. The most edible species include Mako, Sevengill, Shovelnose, Dogfish, Soupfin, and Blacktip.
Ciguatoxin and Toxic Metals
Shark meat can also contain ciguatoxin, a marine toxin that can be fatal if consumed in large quantities. Additionally, shark meat has been shown to carry high levels of toxic metals like mercury, which can exceed safe limits for human consumption.
Conclusion
While shark meat is edible and has been consumed in some cultures, its consumption is not recommended due to the potential risks associated with mercury content, ciguatoxin, and other toxic substances. Proper handling and preparation can minimize these risks, but it is essential to prioritize food safety and consider the potential health consequences.

:feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:
bruh I actually looked into sharkmeat and it's extremely toxic
I cant eat it
Really is it? I have always been curious about shark meat and in some parts of the world they actually consume it

Really is it? I have always been curious about shark meat and in some parts of the world they actually consume it

Eating shark meat​

Yes, shark meat is edible and has been consumed for centuries in various cultures. However, its consumption is not without controversy and precautions.
Preparation and Handling
To ensure food safety, shark meat should be handled and prepared properly:
  1. Bleed and gut the shark immediately after catching to prevent blood and urea from affecting the meat’s flavor and texture.
  2. Soak the fillets in lemon juice or buttermilk to remove any ammonia-like flavor and odor.
  3. Cook the shark meat thoroughly to an internal temperature of at least 145°F (63°C) to kill bacteria and parasites.
Taste and Texture
Shark meat is often described as having a meaty and mild flavor, with a hint of sweetness. The texture is moist but not chewy, similar to alligator or chicken. It can be cooked in various ways, including grilling, baking, or pan-searing.
Species and Mercury Content
Not all sharks are suitable for eating, and some species contain high levels of mercury. The FDA recommends limiting consumption of shark meat, especially for pregnant women and children. The most edible species include Mako, Sevengill, Shovelnose, Dogfish, Soupfin, and Blacktip.
Ciguatoxin and Toxic Metals
Shark meat can also contain ciguatoxin, a marine toxin that can be fatal if consumed in large quantities. Additionally, shark meat has been shown to carry high levels of toxic metals like mercury, which can exceed safe limits for human consumption.
Conclusion
While shark meat is edible and has been consumed in some cultures, its consumption is not recommended due to the potential risks associated with mercury content, ciguatoxin, and other toxic substances. Proper handling and preparation can minimize these risks, but it is essential to prioritize food safety and consider the potential health consequences.

They all taste the same