Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Faith and Strength.

CrackyChanFan

CrackyChanFan

Self-banned
-
“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.” - Bertrand Russell

It should be pointed out that Russell was a literal cuck (look it up) and his brand of materialist-atheist liberalism is exactly one of the reasons western culture has so many problems.

However what he says has some truth. Intellectuals who constantly doubt and examine their beliefs critically end up unsure of any ideology and end up lacking drive and purpose. They are typically unauthentic, weak and fearful; without anything to die for why not just live hedonistically and fearfully?

The fanatical communist commissar who is willing to run at German soldiers at Stalingrad does so because he is 100% sure that communism is right and the people he is killing are evil. He can walk through miles and miles of snow with nothing but focus and anticipation of getting to Berlin.
The Waffen-SS officer believes the same. Their certainty gives them self less insane courage and ability to bear pain and suffering for a higher purpose.

Religion served this purpose. The 1980s Afghan Muajideen who is willing to charge against heavily equipped Soviet soldiers does so because he believes Islam is the truth and when he is killed by the Soviet he will go straight to paradise. As one Soviet commander put it ‘How can you defeat a man who looks at the barrel of your gun and sees paradise’.

Eventually, despite killing 1 million Afghans, the Soviets left Afghanistan. The Mujahideen won. People lost faith in their communist system, in part due to the Afghan war, and so it collapsed soon after.

Belief is a powerful thing. It’s the thing that pushes you to do incredible feats, overcome incredible suffering. Marcus Aurelius believed that seeing your self as part of a divine pantheistic plan allowed you to overcome mental obstacles.
The Soviet, the Afghan Mujahideen, the crusader Christian, the Japanese Samurai who commits seppuku, the devout Medieval Monk, the doctor who travels to far flung lands to help the poor all did things out of fantastical and fanatical belief.

I am too filled with doubt about the veracity of any religion or political ideology. Hence, I cannot find the stoic drive to push myself to inhuman limits. I wish I knew for sure if something was true.

depending on the magnitude of doubt and uncertainty it could be categorized as pathological, as it's usually conditioning installed by parents or most interacted surroundings as they shape your inner critic.

he's right, all those guys are stupid. stupid ain't good

depending on the magnitude of doubt and uncertainty it could be categorized as pathological, as it's usually conditioning installed by parents or most interacted surroundings as they shape your inner critic.
This is true. I was surrounded by a lot of critics growing up.

he's right, all those guys are stupid. stupid ain't good
To quote a famous advertisement: smart has the brains but stupid has the balls. Intelligence and knowledge will get you far, but will pure reason and empiricism actually lead you to meaning and purpose I.e the ability to overcome suffering and fear, and ignore pleasures for a higher cause?

Also, plenty of the cult followers of the death cult of Shoko Asahara were engineers and scientists. Your intelligence (your ability to see patterns, solve logic problems, working memory, learn skills etc…) does not necessarily translate into making rational decisions. Plenty of highly academic and intelligent people often make decisions or believe things because of the influence of powerful emotions.

What I want is the intelligence to know for sure what the truth is. If there is a God or an afterlife or an objectively good and ideal political system/ideology we should follow; then I feel like I could draw purpose and strength fighting for that cause unceasingly. The opinions of others, pain, earthly pleasures etc… would not matter. All that would matter is striving for the just cause. Maybe if there is no God and no objective truth (at least not one that humans can know), maybe Nietzsche in his edgy af teenage philosophy was right? Maybe values are only good if made by the strong?

Last edited:
Yes, belief is a powerful force. It can drive men to achieve great feats, as you've illustrated, but it can also drive them to the depths of demonic depravity. There's always a silver lining.

This is true. I was surrounded by a lot of critics growing up.

To quote a famous advertisement: smart has the brains but stupid has the balls. Intelligence and knowledge will get you far, but will pure reason and empiricism actually lead you to meaning and purpose I.e the ability to overcome suffering and fear, and ignore pleasures for a higher cause?

Also, plenty of the cult followers of the death cult of Shoko Asahara were engineers and scientists. Your intelligence (your ability to see patterns, solve logic problems, working memory, learn skills etc…) does not necessarily translate into making rational decisions. Plenty of highly academic and intelligent people often make decisions or believe things because of the influence of powerful emotions.

What I want is the intelligence to know for sure what the truth is. If there is a God or an afterlife or an objectively good and ideal political system/ideology we should follow; then I feel like I could draw purpose and strength fighting for that cause unceasingly. The opinions of others, pain, earthly pleasures etc… would not matter. All that would matter is striving for the just cause. Maybe if there is no God and no objective truth (at least not one that humans can know), maybe Nietzsche in his edgy af teenage philosophy was right? Maybe values are only good if made by the strong?
i see. yea i'm sure it's not a complete dichotomy too. am sure there's ppl with both brains and balls. martial artists and warriors of the past and top military guys come in mind.

but yea, same deal here. just want to be able to figure stuff out.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back