Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion extroversion wasn't the dominant mode of behavior in the past

jet112

jet112

Incelmatics
★★
you probably know that introversion is not proper behavior in today's society. you would benefit more nowdays from being extroverted (or borderline infantile)
people actually think that in the past it was the common behavior mode but i think it actually wasn't. the introverts who are on the internet are probably the dying remnants of the past

The Introvert Revival Movement

you probably know that introversion is not proper behavior in today's society. you would benefit more nowdays from being extroverted (or borderline infantile)
people actually think that in the past it was the common behavior mode but i think it actually wasn't. the introverts who are on the internet are probably the dying remnants of the past

True. In eastern eurpean countries its more common to be quiet.
Also, in many ancient texts being quiet and listening before speaking is encouraged.

Like you said, this borderline infantile screaming and yapping about nothing is absolutely abnormal and more than likely a sign of a culture in decline.

Research Summary: Communication Styles of Indian Peoples (Native American)

It is appropriate to wait until you know someone before you begin to speak to them at length, or to confide in them. This is in direct contrast to many non-Native people, who talk in order to get to know one another

It is appropriate to be silent in an unfamiliar situation or when you are with strangers. This is based on an unwillingness to disturb the harmony of a group of people unfamiliar to yourself by thrusting your presence upon them. It is very rude to do that.

It is appropriate to wait for a little while before taking your turn at speaking or answering a question. Immediate responses are not expected. Proper regard (respectful silence), especially in public or formal situations, should be shown for the well-considered thought and response.

It is inappropriate for one or two people to control the conversation of a group and to do all the talking. Nor is attention always focused solely on the person who is talking, but is distributed more evenly to everyone who is present in order to gauge their non-verbal reactions to what is being said. This is part of the important process of arriving at decisions through group consensus.

Last edited:
I dont see how introversion is better for survival

True. In eastern eurpean countries its more common to be quiet.
Also, in many ancient texts being quiet and listening before speaking is encouraged.

Like you said, this borderline infantile screaming and yapping about nothing is absolutely abnormal and more than likely a sign of a culture in decline.

neither are good for survival.
Extroversion are good for group binding, finding comrades etc. You can't be a loner in prehistoric times

Immense coping going on here ngl, just lol at thinking having good standing and solid connections within in a social group wasn't vastly superior throughout history.

Based. You're right.

These days society is more focused on the feminine and that's why extraversion is more favoured because it's a feminine trait.

But it wasn't always like this. Society these days are very perverted when it comes down to what it means to be a man or a woman.

Extroversion are good for group binding, finding comrades etc. You can't be a loner in prehistoric times

i find it hard to argue in favor of your reasoning.
packs do have their advantage, but its proven throughout history that power by numbers don't mean alot.
india is a good example why a massive herd of low IQ people isn't beneficial to survival

i find it hard to argue in favor of your reasoning.
packs do have their advantage, but its proven throughout history that power by numbers don't mean alot.
india is a good example why a massive herd of low IQ people isn't beneficial to survival
India is the prime opposite of neolithic or bronze age tribes of 100-200 people. It is a purely moder phenomenon.
You could say that introverts work way better in small groups they know (friends and family, compared to in schools and public).

Maybe nature really puts out both types of person to find out which one is more fitting, after tall thats the principle of evolution or survival of the fittest.

We need a new ice age so all the extroverted/narcissistic people die.

They don't give a fuck if you're introverted or extroverted, they mock introverted people when they're ugly, also your looks shape your personality (plays a big role on it by feedback), most introverts are the way they're because people mocks them and they get ostracized during their developmental years.

Last edited:
I would assume a lot of medieval peasants were introverts.

That is interesting to know, I didn’t know this tbh.