Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Experience With Religion?

Waylan

Waylan

Recruit
★★
What is your experience with religion? Were you once religious? Are you still religious? Which one and why?

I grew up Christian but left the faith earlier this year for a number of reasons. For background, I grew up independent Baptist. I was raised in church and went to a church where my grandfather was the pastor(still is) .I was always remembered as the preachers grandson. The church was like most Baptist churches: believe in getting "saved', sola scriptura, KJV is the only true bible, sang congregational songs like It's Still The Blood, fiery preaching with a lot of rejoicing in the crowd, etc. Like most I went to church on Sunday mornings and Sunday nights. I went to Sunday school, camp, vacation bible school, etc. I always went the with the same people who were considered church family.

Around 10, my parents divorced and my mom stopped going to church so with that I kind of fell away from the faith. Sure I still believed in god and called myself a Christian but I didn't practice like I was supposed to and would pout the few times we did go.

In 2020 I got back into the faith but then left for good in early 2021. Will I become Christian again? Probably never, but who knows.