Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

(Existential) Am I insane, stupid or what?

lastchancel

lastchancel

It gets worse
★★
I have a belief that I am the only conscious being in this reality. Nothing feels real, and I have felt this way since I was actually very young. I remember thinking that my family weren't real, that they were some sort of test put to me, when I was just a child. As I grew older this weird belief is what I still believe, I don't actually believe anyone else exists, I feel like I'm completely alone in this universe. Kind of similar to the simulation idea of existence, but as if I'm the test subject of a weird simulated/harvested existence.

Why am I posting this here? I want to know if anyone (ironic, I'm aware) has felt this way? Maybe I'm actually crazy.

Sounds like a egotistical form of Solipsism by what you wrote here.

Nah, you are not insane per se; just how could you from your worldview argument an epistemological position on a priority and logic? It comes off as very circular from your PoV.

Sounds like some depersonalization type stuff. I've had those thoughts as well but I wouldn't say that nothing feels real. There's always the possibility that there is something going on in your head. You mentioned feeling this way since you were a kid, so it could be a genetic thing or something like that. If you think that these feelings are starting to grow stronger and are interfering with you living a pleasant life, I'd suggest getting checked out by a professional.

Your very username is cope. Nice start.

Sounds like a egotistical form of Solipsism by what you wrote here.

Nah, you are not insane per se; just how could you from your worldview argument an epistemological position on a priority and logic? It comes off as very circular from your PoV.
Yes, I found solipsism when googling what I believe, although I don't know if it really matches what I believe. My beliefs are like a mix of solipsism and the simulation argument. I believe there are other consciousnesses out there, just not in this reality. I also believe that the unexplainable nature of the universe existing, is evidence that this is not "base reality", I don't think this is the original existence, but rather in another reality existence makes perfect sense.
Your very username is cope. Nice start.
I don't really get what you mean by that.

I'm conscious as well, maybe we can be bros

I believe we’re all just test monkeys and god is fucking with us. Kind of like the sims but on a larger scale tbh.

I believe we’re all just test monkeys and god is fucking with us. Kind of like the sims but on a larger scale tbh.
does this mean we have some level of free will or no?

It’s just a prank br0

does this mean we have some level of free will or no?
I don’t think we have free will tbh.

Researchers also analyzed EEG recordings for each trial with respect to the timing of the action. It was noted that brain activity involved in the initiation of the action, primarily centered in the secondary motor cortex, occurred, on average, approximately five hundred milliseconds before the trial ended with the pushing of the button. That is to say, researchers recorded mounting brain activity related to the resultant action as many as three hundred milliseconds before subjects reported the first awareness of conscious will to act. In other words, apparently conscious decisions to act were preceded by an unconscious buildup of electrical activity within the brain - the change in EEG signals reflecting this buildup came to be called Bereitschaftspotential or readiness potential. As of 2008, the upcoming outcome of a decision could be found in study of the brain activity in the prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 7 seconds before the subject was aware of their decision.

I don’t think we have free will tbh.

Researchers also analyzed EEG recordings for each trial with respect to the timing of the action. It was noted that brain activity involved in the initiation of the action, primarily centered in the secondary motor cortex, occurred, on average, approximately five hundred milliseconds before the trial ended with the pushing of the button. That is to say, researchers recorded mounting brain activity related to the resultant action as many as three hundred milliseconds before subjects reported the first awareness of conscious will to act. In other words, apparently conscious decisions to act were preceded by an unconscious buildup of electrical activity within the brain - the change in EEG signals reflecting this buildup came to be called Bereitschaftspotential or readiness potential. As of 2008, the upcoming outcome of a decision could be found in study of the brain activity in the prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 7 seconds before the subject was aware of their decision.
mogs me

Just thoughts about this, not real feeling. Sometimes think I'm in something like "Truman show". Must be very boring show to watch then. Or is this my fancy jail?

Sounds like a coping mechanism you built up.

Sounds like some depersonalization type stuff. I've had those thoughts as well but I wouldn't say that nothing feels real. There's always the possibility that there is something going on in your head. You mentioned feeling this way since you were a kid, so it could be a genetic thing or something like that. If you think that these feelings are starting to grow stronger and are interfering with you living a pleasant life, I'd suggest getting checked out by a professional.
Weird im seeing this now as i went to the doctor recently and i had some depersonalization disorder, I literally felt like i wasnt even living in my own body is the only way to describe it, im not as bad now though

depersonalization. I had this. Comes from a lack of contact with outside world.

Also I had this too, but then I figuered that it was unprovable which helped me realize in how cucked of a situation all of us are. We are concious and yet we don't have any answers. We are the only species to recognise its mortality and yet we are not provided with answers of what happens afterwards. It truly seems like God is some kind of mad scientist from my perspective.

Just thoughts about this, not real feeling. Sometimes think I'm in something like "Truman show". Must be very boring show to watch then. Or is this my fancy jail?
The truman show is interesting but unlikely. From the time of posting this to now, I believe that life is some sort of simulation. I don't believe I'm the only simulated consciousness but I strongly believe that this isn't base reality, this isn't the original or first existence, but rather we are the test subjects of a much higher being, incapable of comprehending the universe like germs are incapable of comprehending a petri dish.

The truman show is interesting but unlikely. From the time of posting this to now, I believe that life is some sort of simulation. I don't believe I'm the only simulated consciousness but I strongly believe that this isn't base reality, this isn't the original or first existence, but rather we are the test subjects of a much higher being, incapable of comprehending the universe like germs are incapable of comprehending a petri dish.
Whatever it is, just GIVE ME CUTE ADORABLE LOLI WAIFU TO PUT ON MY DICK (11cm)

I was just questioning this all now. EVerything that I do, everything that I feel, etc...