Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Even the ultra left wing Salon is now spitting blackpills and fully admitting looks privilege.

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Luminary
★★★★★

So many things in our society can be understood by thinking back to high school. Think of nearly any Hollywood film about suburban teenagers, in which the good-looking spoiled brats of the country-club set get their comeuppance in the third act after reveling in all sorts of bad behavior. These days, roughly a third of the country seems to be rooting for the obvious villains in a new version of that story, now unfolding in our troubled democracy. It could be called "White Men Whining III: The Retribution," but honestly we've already been gifted the best possible title: "Florida: Where Woke Goes to Die."
Joking aside, the privileges afforded by stereotypical or conventional "good looks" are undeniable. Like all other forms of privilege, they provide people with entrée, a form of soft power that can corrupt one's thinking pretty quickly. Handsome boys and beautiful girls often age into vapid adults as a result of this privilege; they never had to put any effort into being accepted. (Read W.B. Yeats' "A Prayer for My Daughter." He knew all about this.) White men may not be able to jump — according to stereotype, of course — but they are well positioned to fail their way up corporate and political ladders, often all the way to the top for the ones who are tall and blandly handsome and sport Ivy League degrees.

Not even five minutes ago would I think I'd ever say something like this, but damn, this Salon writer is unironically based.

Acknowledging a basic observation people have been making for millenia doesn't qualify you as "based".
Fair enough, guess I praised the dude unnecessarily much there, but still nice to see this with the gaslighting one often encounters when talking about the topic.

Handsome boys and beautiful girls often age into vapid adults as a result of this privilege; they never had to put any effort into being accepted. (Read W.B. Yeats' "A Prayer for My Daughter." He knew all about this.)“

This is a subhuman cope, good looks and high IQ often both come together. Attractive people are also more likely to be in leadership positions or even just be the leaders of their friend groups. It’s average looking people who are the biggest NPCs, since us sub5s at least tend to become disillusioned with soyciety thanks to social isolation

Acknowledging a basic observation people have been making for millenia doesn't qualify you as "based".
When an incel brings this up, the same Salon writer will gaslight him to protect foids.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back