Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Even hard work is not equal

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
Can't remember who exactly but I remember hearing this quite a lot from champions in their sports.

How did they get into their sport? They tried it out, found they were good at it and continued with it. Eventually after years of training and working hard they would become good enough to be champion.

It kind of hurts me hearing this coz when I worked hard it wasn't because I was good at it. It was because I sucked at it and didn't want to fall behind.

This shows even working hard is not equal.

When Chad works hard he is validated from the start. He knows he's good and he will keep working harder coz he knows he can be even better and can reach the top. Therefore hard work is a validating experience.

When we work hard, it's because we probably arent too great. But we don't want fall behind so we're under pressure to keep up. It's not validation but rather fear of missing out that keeps us going.

And as you see we are gonna burn out faster than chad. He is happy training coz he can see the goal and results of his hard work. In contrast we see ourselves slowly falling behind as the goal moves further away from us. Slowly doubt and disappointment grow over our minds