Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Escaping modernism to live in the woods?

JohnnySalami

JohnnySalami

UNACEL
-
It’s always been a childhood dream of mine to live in the wilderness and live off the land. Between being around my grandpa and father and older brother who were and are pretty big into hunting and fishing and stuff and watching shows like “survivor man” on tv it’s no wonder why.
For a long time I thought it was implausible, all wild land taken, etc. but there are still some wild places around, mainly in Alaska.
the innoko river wildlife refuge, 3 million acres of freedom.Highest beaver population in the state, best pike fishing river in America, and dozens of trophy size moose taken there every year. One can really get lost in Alaska and be truly free. Escape the hell that is our society.
I’ve been planning this escape for over a year now, and having a group would be cool. It wouldn’t be a thing until 2023 unless I can get somebody older to buy pistols for us, but if your interested we can talk more. Pm me

i would rather just rope

sometimes i want to do the same. being isolated from society maybe have a farm or smt like that. I don't want to work with other people in a big city. but then i start playing videogames or other cope and i forget about it

You would get depressed without internet/minimal human contact. Also prbly die very quickly, humans arent meant to live in wild by themselves. Why not just live in countryside with some animals and a plot of land?

Housing/land and food are expensive in Alaska.

I'm interested tbh. I made a thread about this exact topic a year ago. I'm still seriously considering it.

I’d be squatting and living off the land

Nothing but a pipe dream, you could suffer madness and freeze squatting. Try southern Colorado. The land there is still somewhat affordable, prop tax very low and weed is abundant and cheap. Plus, the weather is much better -. 35 acres

All i want is a shotgun and a 20 acre weed farm

This guy is doing what I would dream of doing. He bought a cottage in Ireland outright, and plans on doing it up himself, and grows his own food and raises animals. I'm pretty sure he's one of the happiest people alive after watching his videos.

Sadly I do not have the skills to look after myself like that, but I'd love to have a similar lifestyle when I retire and have no money issues.

Written on my phone.

Alaska is way too cold. Canada is a much better choice. Overwhelming majority of Canadas population(37million vs 350million U.S.) is concentrated in its few big cities, the rest of Canada is pristine untouched nature... Canada has lots of lakes, valleys, mountains and a land with one of the highest biomasses per square kilometer on the planet... Beautiful trees that are literally centuries old... Fresh air, clear skies, crystal clear waters.

On the other hand U.S. is a giant capitalist ravaged shithole that can't compare to the pristine untouched nature of Canada. There really isn't a beautiful magical place in the U.S. that you could really live this type of life in.
Forests have been burned by agricultural cucks to clear land for farming. Land, water populated by waste...every inch of land is under the giant web of capitalism and in a state of profound decay that capitalism inevitably brings to anything that it touches.

I want to live somewhere deep in nature as well. A place with fresh air, clear skies that are filled with stars, fresh water, endless untamed nature. I currently live in Chicago, although I am not originally from Chicago.
You would need a decent amount of money regardless of what you may think now, and a probably some contact with the outside world to resupply certain things like propane/grains/ammution. Maybe living amidst the depths of some national park in Canada. Keeping contacts with hunters/national guard/tourist agency so that you could schedule resupply missions couple times a year.
Although, I don't think I could do this with out a woman. You would simply loose your mind, your spirit would quickly get dimished by the harsh life outdoors/offgrid, and the profound existential isolation of being removed from the general flow of life that you are used 2 ... on top of that it's really cold up there, you would need a warm naked body to cuddle up to at night so you don't freeze to death lol.

Last edited: