Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting English is too inconsistent

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
just
unjust
injustice

Infinite
Finite (FAINAITE)

Leicester
Scarborough
Mike
Nike
Through
Though
Tough
Hiccough

Indeed, English is a pygmy-tier creole non-language.

Leicester
Scarborough
Mike
Nike
Through
Though
Tough
Hiccough

Indeed, English is a pygmy-tier creole non-language.
The written form is very efficient because simple grammar, but the spoken form is suboptimal for communication and learning.

Arabic mog but it's so hard to understand advanced vocabulary because arabs refuse to change the language, in arabic classes we learn peotry the same way it was written 1000 year ago, i legit have better vocabulary in my second language.
If you guys refuse to reform the language, how do you refer to modern stuff such as "computer", "car", etc? It's like Icelandic, forming new words by combining old ones to avoid new stuff coming into the language?

Arabic mog but it's so hard to understand advanced vocabulary because arabs refuse to change the language, in arabic classes we learn peotry the same way it was written 1000 year ago, i legit have better vocabulary in my second language.
@gymletethnicel do you agree?

We just add new words, but we keep the old ones, we use simple Arabic for everyday stuff like paper work, most arabic countries speak their own dialect not classical arabic
I see. But what's the use of old Arabic then?

Religion and classic tests, peotry too.
It's not that different from other languages then, in English you have things like the King James bible and Shakespeare being still very popular to this day. But reading Arabic from 1000 years ago must be tougher than reading english from just like 300-400 something years ago.

english words not being spelled how they are pronounced always bothered me, i'm used to it though since i started learning at really young age but it just seems unnecessary and inefficient. the spelling system is shit enough to the point where you can have competitions in spelling.

english words not being spelled how they are pronounced always bothered me, i'm used to it though since i started learning at really young age but it just seems unnecessary and inefficient. the spelling system is shit enough to the point where you can have competitions in spelling.
I have never stopped to think about it, but true. A spelling competition is Portuguese would be too easy, it's all very syllabic in its organization and mostly phonetically consistent except for the fact there are many consonants to make the same sounds ("s", 'ss", "c" and "ç" usually have the exactly same sound, for instance).