Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Effects Of Mouth Breathing

Regenerator

Regenerator

Virgin But Incel
★★★★★

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7rhNCgQSI

The Effects of Breathing Through Your Mouth​

Dentists aside, nobody wants to stare into someone else's open mouth. But politeness isn't the only reason why you're better off breathing with your kisser clamped shut. Open-mouth breathing can actually be bad for your health. Here's why:

1. It Can Lead to Dry Mouth​

Having your mouth ajar for long stretches causes your saliva, which normally keeps your mouth tissues hydrated, to evaporate, per the Cleveland Clinic. As a result, your mouth is more likely to feel dry or chalky.

2. It Can Make Your Breath Stink​

In addition to helping your mouth stay moist, saliva helps keep bacteria at bay. When your mouth gets dry, nasty bugs start to flourish that can make your breath stink, according to the Cleveland Clinic.

3. You Might Get More Cavities​

Over time, a mouth-breathing habit can up the risk for tooth decay.

"Our saliva acts as a buffer to protect our teeth," says Richard Lipari, DDS, a dentist in Chappaqua, New York. "When our mouth is dry we have less of that protection and the chance for cavities increases."

4. You Might Be More Prone to Respiratory Infections​

The more you breathe through your mouth, the more likely you might be to catch a cold.

Air that reaches the airway through the mouth tends to be colder, dryer, and less filtered than air coming in through the nose (we'll explain why a little later). This can cause the airways themselves to become dryer and more irritated, making them more susceptible to infection, De Vries says.

5. It Increases Your Risk for Sleep Apnea​

Perhaps worst of all, mouth-breathing can make it harder to get a good night's sleep, which can have a serious domino effect on your health.

"Mouth-breathing can cause the throat and surrounding muscles to weaken over time. This weakening can lead to snoring or sleep apnea," De Vries explains.
If left untreated, that could lead to problems including daytime fatigue, high blood pressure, heart problems and type 2 diabetes, per the Mayo Clinic.

Why is mouth breathing bad for you?​

“Mouth breathing is a major issue especially if this started before puberty because it can have such a huge impact on the way that your facial structure grows and the end result of what your face is going to look like,” says Arash Moradzadeh, MD, a Beverly Hills-based dual board-certified surgeon in both head and neck surgery and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He points to rounder cheeks and an elongated face as ways mouth breathing can manifest.

“Being a mouth breather when you're a child and your face is developing can lead to an elongated and narrow facial shape that does not have room for teeth or tongue,” adds Albert Silvera, a doctor of dental surgery also based in Beverly Hills. Why? “When you breathe through your nose, your tongue naturally fills your palate space and exerts an upward and outward pressure. It promotes forward growth of the jawbones.” According to Dr. Silvera, without this upward and outward pressure, the weight and force of the facial muscles will cause the top jaw to “fall down” or elongate. This can also lead to the appearance of a gummy smile. Moreover, “the bottom jaw never grows forward fully and [can] lead to an obtuse bottom jaw angle, a retruded chin, crowding of the teeth and a constriction of the space where the tongue is supposed to rest.” These changes aren’t just an aesthetic problem; they work to constrict airway passages, which can affect your sleep — and cumulative medical effects of sleep loss are far-reaching, including increased risk of hypertension, depression, and obesity.

Dr. Moradzadeh also notes that mouth breathers are more likely to have poor posture. “Mouth breathers are more likely to have or develop more a forward tongue posture and jaw and neck posture,” he says. “Their head kind of sticks more forward over time, and that leads to a more curved back posturing.” The negative side effects of poor posture, particularly of the neck and head, include muscle tension (including head, neck, and back pain), headaches, and irregular balance.

When I was a child one of my Teacher's was the only one who warned me about the dangers of mouth-breathing. Insane how this is not talked about from a young age.

I struggle to breathe with my nose because of narrow palate I need to take very deep breaths sometimes

I used to be a mouth breather for most of my childhood. I stopped during my mid to late teen years but the damage was already done

I used to be a mouth breather for most of my childhood. I stopped during my mid to late teen years but the damage was already done
same

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7rhNCgQSI

When I was a child one of my Teacher's was the only one who warned me about the dangers of mouth-breathing. Insane how this is not talked about from a young age.

I have a crooked nose, my chin no exist and I cant breath through my nose because its too small so if I do something I must breath through my mouth

I couldn't breathe through my nose as a child because I was stuck in a house full of animals I was allergic to. My face is even more fucked because of my family's love of HECKIN doggos

I'm a mouth breather because of near-permanent nasal obstruction, receding chin, and undeveloped upper jaw

I couldn't breathe through my nose as a child because I was stuck in a house full of animals I was allergic to. My face is even more fucked because of my family's love of HECKIN doggos
imagine life we had blackpilled parents who were beating us into nose breathing + feeding us hard as shit food + funding our surgeries before shipping us off to college

i have the jaw of a mouthbreather and yet never once mouthbreathed before in my life. trucels like me can breath correctly all we want and still get screwed over by genetics

I mouthbreathed throughout my childhood owing to allergies and clogged nose when the allergies stopped. But I am skeptic about it being the reason I'm recessed. When I was 19 I told my dad about proper tongue posture and mewing and he literally laughed in my face. He was Chadlite in youth.

i have the jaw of a mouthbreather and yet never once mouthbreathed before in my life. trucels like me can breath correctly all we want and still get screwed over by genetics
Yeah same here. Nose breathed my whole life yet I still ended up having no chin

I used to have to mouth breathe sometimes because of my allergies but it didn't do it that much so I don't think it would have changed anything

It's common for dogtard parents to force dogs onto their children which proves their psychopathic traits.

imagine life we had blackpilled parents who were beating us into nose breathing + feeding us hard as shit food + funding our surgeries before shipping us off to college
:feelsrope:

It's common for dogtard parents to force dogs onto their children which proves their psychopathic traits.

Mouthbreathing is why I have crooked teeth now. Growing up my mother didn't warn me at all

I’m not a mouth breathing because my mandible is and cheekbones are okay. Everything else is just a shit phenotype.

Mouthbreathing has absolutely no effect on your chin or nose shape.

Complete cope it's all genetics. Chad could never use is nostrils for breathing in his life and he will still grow up to have a sqare jaw and pronounced chin.