Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Dropped all my "friends"

GooberMcKee

GooberMcKee

artcel
★★★★
I accepted my radical loneliness and isolation. I realized that with my current "friends" I was lonely anyway. I am tired of pretending and humoring people. They don't rely on me or aren't particularly close anyway, and I realize we don't have much in common in values or priorities. These are not people I can share my real thoughts with, and I am more like circumstantial "friend" to them when they don't have anyone else. They don't have much respect for me, and I don't have true respect for them either. Why are we talking and hanging out? Probably because we're the best that we can do right now. I realized if I had more friend options, I wouldn't be hanging out with them either. I felt obligated to respond to people simply because that's the expected thing to do to be "social" otherwise my loneliness is my fault and well deserved. Turns out I am just exposing myself to a negative social feedback loop and returning home feeling even more alienated.

"Making friends" to feed your natural social needs as a human animal doesn't necessarily work for short or ugly guys because we often times can only pick from what we can get, and what we can get isn't always good.

I've been ignoring calls and ghosting people, not responding right away or at all to certain texts. It feels relieving.

Do I want to be isolated? No. Do I want to be "introverted"? No. But unfortunately it's still better than the onslaught of microaggressions and unintentional condescension and patronizing that I receive from "friends".

If theres a friend you can connect and share thoughts with I recommend not ghosting him, I ghosted my friends 15 years ago and I am all alone. Keep anyone you have a genuine connection with, dont drop them because they are friends with the others or whatever.
microaggressions
:soy:

If theres a friend you can connect and share thoughts with I recommend not ghosting him, I ghosted my friends 15 years ago and I am all alone. Keep anyone you have a genuine connection with, dont drop them because they are friends with the others or whatever.

:soy:
Youve just been rotting alone for 15 years??? How old are you now boyo, Brutal, Also why did you ghost them?

Youve just been rotting alone for 15 years??? How old are you now boyo, Brutal, Also why did you ghost them?
I am 39, ghosted them because I am a NEET dropout with an ugly face, I know it was a dick move but I feel too much shame+anxiety if I interact with people.

Friends aren't anything worthwhile. Just another piece you'll have to struggle to juggle in life, drop it once and they aren't your friends anymore.

Good. They were waiting for you to leave anyway…

I am 39, ghosted them because I am a NEET dropout with an ugly face, I know it was a dick move but I feel too much shame+anxiety if I interact with people.
Man it will kill you inside im a 24 year old neet, Trust me I LONG FOR FRIENDS, Keep them!

Brutal asf

I've never had a real friend in my life - only acquaintances, and frankly, human contact isn't that important to me anymore. If I ever save enough money, I'm going to buy my own land in a remote area and homestead all by myself for the rest of my life.