Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Drank only Soylent for 2 Years, got sent to the ER

Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Hee Ho!
★★★★★
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Posts
94,007
Online
447d 22h 55m
Just wanted to share my story so that others can be more thoughtful about their eating habits and their decisions around Soylent. Not trying to scare anyone and I think overall, Soylent was very good for my health with certain caveats.



Long story short: I discovered Soylent around three years ago and slowly started to like it more and more. Over a span of a year, it went from a once a week thing to once a day, and then eventually replaced nearly every meal. It made me feel healthier and my thought was that it might not be perfect, but it's still better than the foods I was eating at the time.

Over the past two years, I've been drinking it for nearly every meal. By nearly, I mean every single breakfast and lunch, and every dinner except weekends. If you do the math that's approximately:

19 meals out of 21 meals a week = 91% of my meals a week



The past two years had been great in terms of health; I felt totally healthy and was planning to continue this eating routine into the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, just two weeks ago I was sent to the ER due to tremendous pain in my abdomen. They gave me a morphine shot because it was so bad, and they did a full CT scan of my body. They found two large kidney stones: one blocking my ureter and the other still stuck in my kidney.

Keep in mind that I'm in my mid 20's, so forming kidney stones at this age is extremely rare (according to my doctor). I ended up having surgery to have the two stones removed and am just recovering from that now.



Let's just say that the entire ordeal was extremely painful and no fun, and my doctor has ordered me to stop drinking Soylent. Kidney stones are usually formed by a substance called oxalate that is contained in certain foods. Unfortunately soy has very high oxalate content, so it seems to have accelerated calcium oxalate stone formation in my kidneys (even at a super young age).



Honestly, I'm very sad about this because I was felt great during the past two years on Soylent. I know that I'm probably a bit of an extreme example since most of you are eating other foods, but I thought it was worth sharing my story anyway.



The good news is that I'm going to try out some soy-free meal replacement options. Please let me know if you have any good suggestions! I had tried schmilk back in the day (seems to have been renamed to Milk Fuel), so I'll probably start drinking that for one meal a day. I'm also planning to try Huel because I really prefer the ready to go options.



Thanks for reading and stay healthy out there! I'll be sure to follow up with updates in the future if people are interested, but my current plan is to change my diet to Milk Fuel for breakfast, Huel for lunch, and then real food for dinner. Wish me luck!
 
Azaylias

Azaylias

Born to be ungovernable Forced to pay taxes
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 3, 2018
Posts
7,398
Online
62d 8h 11m
 
Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Hee Ho!
★★★★★
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Posts
94,007
Online
447d 22h 55m
Therapywasaaste

Therapywasaaste

No fun, no friends, no girlfriends.
★★★
Joined
Oct 6, 2020
Posts
4,749
Online
63d 9h 21m
0Energy0Happyness

0Energy0Happyness

Meanwhile this the truecel rots
★★
Joined
Mar 1, 2021
Posts
5,112
Online
42d 11h 14m
Abominationcel

Abominationcel

Victim of Sub11 Law
★★★★★
Joined
Jun 11, 2021
Posts
2,928
Online
23d 17h 22m
James Brown

James Brown

Greycel
Joined
Aug 17, 2021
Posts
99
Online
1d 20h 46m
didnt charlton heston warn us about this
 
PotatoTomato

PotatoTomato

Overlord
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 23, 2018
Posts
6,499
Online
120d 13h 16m
There's nothing wrong with consuming soylent once in a while
 
Mecoja

Mecoja

fuck society
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Posts
10,681
Online
123d 12h 54m
Never tried it tbh.
 
Languishingrn

Languishingrn

Major
★★★
Joined
Jul 6, 2021
Posts
3,761
Online
32d 23h 54m
WE DID IT REDDIT!
Mecoja said:
Never tried it tbh.
I tried it out of curiously once. It’s pretty chalky and hard to swallow.
 
Ritalincel

Ritalincel

S489
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 25, 2017
Posts
30,914
Online
114d 22h 27m
PotatoTomato said:
There's nothing wrong with consuming soylent once in a while

XD
 
Mecoja

Mecoja

fuck society
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Posts
10,681
Online
123d 12h 54m
Languishingrn said:
WE DID IT REDDIT!

I tried it out of curiously once. It’s pretty chalky and hard to swallow.
Is it similar to milk in taste?
 
CrackingYs

CrackingYs

I.N.C.E.L. Security Officer
★★
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Posts
4,194
Online
133d 20h 29m
:soy: that's terrible, maybe try going on a 100% organic vegan diet and see if that helps you recover
 
Languishingrn

Languishingrn

Major
★★★
Joined
Jul 6, 2021
Posts
3,761
Online
32d 23h 54m
Mecoja said:
Is it similar to milk in taste?
Somewhat yeah, it’s texture is like kefir. Idk if they sell it in Serbia, at least you have burek and civape there.
 
Kamikaze

Kamikaze

Keep grindin & keep huslin
-
Joined
Dec 4, 2020
Posts
6,402
Online
92d 13h 46m
Languishingrn said:
Somewhat yeah, it’s texture is like kefir. Idk if they sell it in Serbia, at least you have burek and civape there.
They say it tastes like cum. You tasted cum.

















Your'e gay:feelsaww:
 
Languishingrn

Languishingrn

Major
★★★
Joined
Jul 6, 2021
Posts
3,761
Online
32d 23h 54m
Kamikaze said:
They say it tastes like cum. You tasted cum.

















Your'e gay:feelsaww:
At least I have lips. GOTEM
 
Mecoja

Mecoja

fuck society
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Posts
10,681
Online
123d 12h 54m
Languishingrn said:
Somewhat yeah, it’s texture is like kefir. Idk if they sell it in Serbia, at least you have burek and civape there.
We do have have kefir but rarely who buys it, most people drink regular yogurt which is a bit thicker than kefir and has more neutral taste
 
Languishingrn

Languishingrn

Major
★★★
Joined
Jul 6, 2021
Posts
3,761
Online
32d 23h 54m
Mecoja said:
We do have have kefir but rarely who buys it, most people drink regular yogurt which is a bit thicker than kefir and has more neutral taste
I tried the strawberry flavor and it tasted like those freeze dried strawberries. If you ever come to burgerland try it for the memes.
 
Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Hee Ho!
★★★★★
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Posts
94,007
Online
447d 22h 55m
NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Commander
★★
Joined
Feb 13, 2021
Posts
3,129
Online
73d 18h 39m
I want to drink female milk.
 
D

Deleted member 29529

Αdmin
-
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Posts
12,439
Online
68d 12h 24m
Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Hee Ho!
★★★★★
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Posts
94,007
Online
447d 22h 55m
Amphetaminecel said:
 
D

Deleted member 29529

Αdmin
-
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Posts
12,439
Online
68d 12h 24m
Mecoja

Mecoja

fuck society
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Posts
10,681
Online
123d 12h 54m
Here yoghurt is more liquidly than foreign one, it has stronger milky taste a bit salty and sour, no fruit or sugar.
 
suigin

suigin

schizoidcel
★★★★★
Joined
Feb 24, 2019
Posts
2,453
Online
52d 23h 37m
Mogged Loner

Mogged Loner

aka Based Milly
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 16, 2019
Posts
6,975
Online
63d 20h 5m
Drink Jewgurt instead it’s Jew yogurt
:feelsLSD:
 
CrackingYs

CrackingYs

I.N.C.E.L. Security Officer
★★
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Posts
4,194
Online
133d 20h 29m
Kamikaze said:
They say it tastes like cum. You tasted cum.

:soy: the liquid soylent actually tastes really good (no joke). It's like milk but thicker (table cream consistency) and even better tasting. I bought a few packs of it back when it was brand new. If it was cheaper and they had a whey protein option instead of soy, then I would drink it regularly.
 
faded

faded

Leechmaxxed kikecel
★★
Joined
Aug 7, 2021
Posts
685
Online
20d 20h 48m
drink the soy you stupid cuck
 

Attachments

  • 7619044B-05AD-4034-9D2C-552B95557A72.png
    7619044B-05AD-4034-9D2C-552B95557A72.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 62
CrackingYs

CrackingYs

I.N.C.E.L. Security Officer
★★
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Posts
4,194
Online
133d 20h 29m
D

Deleted member 31729

Banned
-
Joined
Dec 17, 2020
Posts
45,626
Online
96d 12h 10m
Animecel2D said:
Just wanted to share my story so that others can be more thoughtful about their eating habits and their decisions around Soylent. Not trying to scare anyone and I think overall, Soylent was very good for my health with certain caveats.



Long story short: I discovered Soylent around three years ago and slowly started to like it more and more. Over a span of a year, it went from a once a week thing to once a day, and then eventually replaced nearly every meal. It made me feel healthier and my thought was that it might not be perfect, but it's still better than the foods I was eating at the time.

Over the past two years, I've been drinking it for nearly every meal. By nearly, I mean every single breakfast and lunch, and every dinner except weekends. If you do the math that's approximately:

19 meals out of 21 meals a week = 91% of my meals a week



The past two years had been great in terms of health; I felt totally healthy and was planning to continue this eating routine into the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, just two weeks ago I was sent to the ER due to tremendous pain in my abdomen. They gave me a morphine shot because it was so bad, and they did a full CT scan of my body. They found two large kidney stones: one blocking my ureter and the other still stuck in my kidney.

Keep in mind that I'm in my mid 20's, so forming kidney stones at this age is extremely rare (according to my doctor). I ended up having surgery to have the two stones removed and am just recovering from that now.



Let's just say that the entire ordeal was extremely painful and no fun, and my doctor has ordered me to stop drinking Soylent. Kidney stones are usually formed by a substance called oxalate that is contained in certain foods. Unfortunately soy has very high oxalate content, so it seems to have accelerated calcium oxalate stone formation in my kidneys (even at a super young age).



Honestly, I'm very sad about this because I was felt great during the past two years on Soylent. I know that I'm probably a bit of an extreme example since most of you are eating other foods, but I thought it was worth sharing my story anyway.



The good news is that I'm going to try out some soy-free meal replacement options. Please let me know if you have any good suggestions! I had tried schmilk back in the day (seems to have been renamed to Milk Fuel), so I'll probably start drinking that for one meal a day. I'm also planning to try Huel because I really prefer the ready to go options.



Thanks for reading and stay healthy out there! I'll be sure to follow up with updates in the future if people are interested, but my current plan is to change my diet to Milk Fuel for breakfast, Huel for lunch, and then real food for dinner. Wish me luck!
 
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
Joined
Feb 16, 2019
Posts
28,290
Online
271d 7h 22m
Animecel2D said:
Just wanted to share my story so that others can be more thoughtful about their eating habits and their decisions around Soylent. Not trying to scare anyone and I think overall, Soylent was very good for my health with certain caveats.



Long story short: I discovered Soylent around three years ago and slowly started to like it more and more. Over a span of a year, it went from a once a week thing to once a day, and then eventually replaced nearly every meal. It made me feel healthier and my thought was that it might not be perfect, but it's still better than the foods I was eating at the time.

Over the past two years, I've been drinking it for nearly every meal. By nearly, I mean every single breakfast and lunch, and every dinner except weekends. If you do the math that's approximately:

19 meals out of 21 meals a week = 91% of my meals a week



The past two years had been great in terms of health; I felt totally healthy and was planning to continue this eating routine into the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, just two weeks ago I was sent to the ER due to tremendous pain in my abdomen. They gave me a morphine shot because it was so bad, and they did a full CT scan of my body. They found two large kidney stones: one blocking my ureter and the other still stuck in my kidney.

Keep in mind that I'm in my mid 20's, so forming kidney stones at this age is extremely rare (according to my doctor). I ended up having surgery to have the two stones removed and am just recovering from that now.



Let's just say that the entire ordeal was extremely painful and no fun, and my doctor has ordered me to stop drinking Soylent. Kidney stones are usually formed by a substance called oxalate that is contained in certain foods. Unfortunately soy has very high oxalate content, so it seems to have accelerated calcium oxalate stone formation in my kidneys (even at a super young age).



Honestly, I'm very sad about this because I was felt great during the past two years on Soylent. I know that I'm probably a bit of an extreme example since most of you are eating other foods, but I thought it was worth sharing my story anyway.



The good news is that I'm going to try out some soy-free meal replacement options. Please let me know if you have any good suggestions! I had tried schmilk back in the day (seems to have been renamed to Milk Fuel), so I'll probably start drinking that for one meal a day. I'm also planning to try Huel because I really prefer the ready to go options.



Thanks for reading and stay healthy out there! I'll be sure to follow up with updates in the future if people are interested, but my current plan is to change my diet to Milk Fuel for breakfast, Huel for lunch, and then real food for dinner. Wish me luck!

CrackingYs said:
:soy: the liquid soylent actually tastes really good (no joke). It's like milk but thicker (table cream consistency) and even better tasting. I bought a few packs of it back when it was brand new. If it was cheaper and they had a whey protein option instead of soy, then I would drink it regularly.
based same tbh
 
Arabcel9

Arabcel9

No longer human
Joined
Apr 30, 2020
Posts
3,066
Online
7d 15h 21m
LMAO you were unironically a SOYBOY :feelshaha:
 
Autismus Maximus

Autismus Maximus

Veteran
Joined
Jul 13, 2020
Posts
1,066
Online
21d 15h 23m

Literal soyboy btfo.
 
Last edited:
Arescel

Arescel

XVIII
★★★★★
Joined
Sep 20, 2021
Posts
20,050
Online
35d 17h 47m
BlackPilledNeet

BlackPilledNeet

Captain
★★★
Joined
Oct 15, 2021
Posts
1,783
Online
10d 7h 58m
Soylent Green is a good movie
 
B

Broly

Paragon
★★★★★
Joined
Apr 6, 2021
Posts
17,482
Online
87d 15h 18m
B

BRCel123

Veteran
★★
Joined
May 13, 2018
Posts
1,136
Online
24d 1h 58m
check your t levels please
 
zekr

zekr

Officer
★★★★★
Joined
Feb 21, 2020
Posts
948
Online
36d 21h 10m
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8
Top