Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does your mind construct elaborate narratives to help you cope?

ColdLightOfDay

ColdLightOfDay

Serge’s alt.
★★★★★
For example; for some reason insisting to myself that I am a worker drone / slave in a dystopian society is a form of comfort / cope to me. I don’t know why I find this notion helps me cope, if anything it should be the other way around. My mind exaggerates this idea constantly to help get me through the day. I believe it might be something to do with the fact it is kind of a cool narrative and a more interesting way of viewing reality, and although it is not ostensibly true, there is certainly enough truth to it for my mind to run with it as an effective way of coping - because it adds an entertaining contextual backdrop for my suffering.

If I was autistic I feel like I would probably do more of this. It is pretty crazy the ways our mind will trick us into coping. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Last edited:
I have Chad fantasies everyday

I've just accepted the fact that i'm living in nightmare, maybe that's the way of coping as well.

Idk it helps me cope very well, as I have a very vivid imagination.
I used to do that as well but it’s just too depressing, do you just sit and say dream?

Yes, but just when I'm doing a repetitive activitiy that doesn't need much attention like going to the market or walking to college. I imagine myself in a movie like Taxi Driver.

I have Chad fantasies everyday
yeah , me too .
When a girl at work comes to work dressed extra nicely i always like to imagine she does it to impress me cause shes secretly into me .
I know that its a lie , but it gives me comfort in the moment and it feels good so i dont care .
I always tell myself little lies like that , to make myself feel like the world revolves around me and people actually try to impress me or care about me .
I've just accepted the fact that i'm living in nightmare, maybe that's the way of coping as well.
I always imagine that we live in Limbo or in the Matrix .
If we live in Limbo , then this Life is a Test and you have to fight to be a good person and escape from hell and if life is the Matrix you have to find a way to break through the conditioning by becoming more than you though you were capable of .
These Things help me get motivated and put me into a kind of me against the world feeling .
Its a good cope .
I used to do that as well but it’s just too depressing, do you just sit and say dream?
In all honesty , a vivid Imagination is the best thing you can have as a person .
Most peoples imagination got fucked by consuming too much media , thats why most people lack the creativity and attention span necessary to deeply imagine and daydream .
Its the best comfort we have , but excessive Media consumption could be contraproductive .
At least for me , i feel like it has a great negative influence on my creativity .

Last edited:
no, it tries to kill me

Yes I do. Daydreaming which leads to procrastination.

I’m almost always daydreaming

Embarrassing but true:
A little over a year ago, before I had discovered LooksTheory, Lookism, and FaceandLMS, I had no idea about the depth of facial flaws and facial beauty. I always thought I was just a chad with low self esteem. (fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life for ever thinking that)
After realizing all the shitty features I had, and after being mocked by foids and ridiculed by some other people my senior year of HS, I came to realize the truth. I am ugly. It hurt a lot the first two weeks. But, eventually it allowed me to immediately make the connection as to why I was often treated poorly.

That time the foid cashier was impatient with you?
Before: Hmm...maybe I came off as rude?
After: It was my looks.

All those times foids would ignore me?
Before: I just need to be more confident in myself. i need to stop acting like a nerd.
After: Only Chad can be seen as confident. Not me.

I mostly accepted my condition. I don't give a shit about what people think of me most of the time, but the few times/days when I do, it fucking hurts.