Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Does true altruism exist?

• Thread starter Deleted member 195
  • Start date

Does true altruism exist?

• Total voters
Deleted member 195

Deleted member 195

Self-banned
-
Or do people only do "nice" things to boost their ego's?

If not, Why do people do kind things? What's in it for them? Honestly, I'm starting to believe that "true good" cannot exist just because the way people are.

Starting to believe that everything we do that's "nice", is only the aftereffect of an iterative procedure over time intended to give us what we want.

It's all about status. And feeling good about yourself.

We are selfish to the core and everything we do is to look better in the eyes of others or feel good about ourselves

It's all about status. And feeling good about yourself.

We are selfish to the core and everything we do is to look better in the eyes of others or feel good about ourselves

Does seem that way. Damn.

What about Platonic Love? Never got a straight answer for what this truly meant.

feel good about ourselves

Isn't that essentially true altruism? Feeling good about helping others with no ulterior motives doesn't make those good deeds selfish in nature.

even when you help others for free (altruism) you're doing it for yourself.
helping others improve their perception of you.
you're still doing it for the benefits and you're selfish

34e8cf4ca26554f6aadf39c2f53220a6

Isn't that essentially true altruism? Feeling good about helping others with no ulterior motives doesn't make those good deeds selfish in nature.

I guess. Although, if someone only helps someone not because they genuinely care about that person, but because they feel good getting their ego boosted, then i don't see why it would be altruistic

Like, I wouldn't want to be anyone's ego booster so i'll just deny whatever service they're offering

only women are into false altruism. every thing they do is a facade, hence even "fakeup"

only women are into false altruism. every thing they do is a facade, hence even "fakeup"
I'm actually starting to believe this

I don't know what it is, but men seem a lot more noble and a whole lot less "fake" in comparison to women in general. So many stats point towards this being true too. At least from what I've seen.

Absolutely. Despite the overwhelming evil and cruelness of humanity, their have been innumerable times in history when individuals have shown incredible kindness and compassion when helping others, for no real payment or reward.

I'd say it exist and only a few people in the world has this mental issue