Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Does anyone understand how HDR works?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I mean this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_video

I can't understand why as long as the data transfer rate is fast enough and the disc can store enough data, you shouldn't be able to play any quality of video that you want. As we're supposed to believe that you need UHD Blu-Ray to play this content (or digital, of course).

I can maybe get that certain video formats support it and some don't but... that doesn't explain why you can't just write that format to a CD/DVD.

I'm actually trying it right now, lol. I'm writing a short 1080p HDR file to a writable CD to see if it will play from the disc!

OK sorry, this thread is a total nerd fest, lol

Maybe nobody knows what I'm talking about. Hell, even I don't!

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing if this works though! XD

Who else high AF now??

OK I think I get this. HDR just requires a larger file size and a faster data transfer rate because it must be encoded into the video file. Then you need a player that can decode it also (like VLC).

So yes it should play from a CD or DVD or whatever it is but you'd have to decrease the resolution enough to allow the extra data from HDR through.

I think, THINK that that is it. Wow! It's not simple! hehe

I hope I've gotten that right now ^^

It does look really pretty though! It looks kind of like in this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtTIaa-ZgL0

Last edited: