Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone here use an electric shaver?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Because I can't get these darn things to work for me XD

All wet shaving works fine for me but electrics... hm. I have a cheap Philips and a mid-tier Braun and... no dice! Well, very slow shaving at best and just face massaging at worst, lol

Just wondered if any electric shaver users here had any advice for me!

Thanks much!

Hoppi :)

Mogs me at having facial hair. Im 23 and literally never shave

Use the razor boyo ;)

Mogs me because giv3s a shit about grooming

You must be a curly haired ethnic subhuman.

OK I've thrown more good money after bad and spent £34 on a Philips Series 1000 on Amazon (the model is S1332/41).

It has 2 days delivery time so I'm keen to see if it gets me any results! It's similar to the one SinatraLennon is using in that video I think ^^

Also just kidding about the "good money after bad" - I think it's a worthwhile experiment and may prove useful at least sometimes :)

Mogs me because giv3s a shit about grooming

I do like to look passably shaven. I only shave about once a week or so though because... I mean, I really don't have to look super presentable right now anyway.

I mostly just hate when the stubble starts to get itchy!

I'm wondering though if I make my shave quick and easy enough (like with an electric), will I perhaps shave more often! Maybe soon I'll find out!

Last edited:
I usually rub my head on a brick to shave

Nope I only use Razor Blade.

Wet shaving is better in my opinion.

Electric shaving if for when you are too lazy to wet shave. It’s not meant to be good just quick and dirty.

Yes. It's the 22nd century, no more need to drag a blade across your flesh

Electric shaving. I only shave when it hurts too much. I work from home and have no social life, don't care how my facial hair looks.

I have a Philips and it works better than razor. As in the hair will take longer to grow back.
It has to be quite short. I first use the clipper thingy to cut it short and then shave using the wiggly circles.

It has become rather dull tho and interestingly the replacement razors cost as much as a whole fucking new machine. Gotta love """free market""" :feelsclown:

I've tried that Philips Series 1000 now :)

I got it in the mail today.

It did kind of OK. It removed most of the stubble in the areas I tried it on but... it was loud and not a pleasant sensation, and my skin hurts a bit afterwards (razor burn).

So... yeah... I think I'm done for now and I'll finish shaving with my metal safety razor as usual!

Hm. I actually think this little cheap Philips travel shaver is starting to grow on me! The one I had before.

It's by far the quietest of the three and was only £12, lol

Hopefully I should get a good result out of it next time if I go in circular motions not straight lines, as I learned to do with the bigger Philips one :)

Ive used many in the past as i used to work in a strict office and was in a program where i have to. E babayface. None ever worked right For me. Im so hairy i need to shave twice a day to keep babyface. I shave twice a week usually so i dont get a full beard starting

electric shavers would scratch my skin and leave it dry. Then there is it never gives me a close sHave. Ive tried both dry shavers and wet shavers. Ones you can use creme and ones without. Unfortunately they never work. My mom bought me a Panasonic Arc5 for christmas. Havent used it yet cuz i know it will suck. But when i eventually do use it i think imma fuck up my neck since last time i used electric shavers i was average weight. Idk how to shave against neck rolls

I don't have one, but my beard is now at a point where I'm seriously tempted to invest in one, especially considering barbers almost certainly won't reopen for another 8 weeks.

I just tried the Philips travel shaver and the Braun again.

Neither felt very good and the Braun didn't sound especially good either, lol.

Electric shavers... they're good in theory but in practice you just run into all these issues. Maybe it would be OK if you spent LOADS on one, I have no idea.

I don't have one, but my beard is now at a point where I'm seriously tempted to invest in one, especially considering barbers almost certainly won't reopen for another 8 weeks.

Why not just use a safety razor? They will hack through almost anything especially if you put a fairly good blade in it :)

Yeah and it works just fine. I use a brand called Migicshow. I hear Gilette shavers are pretty good. Dish out the money and get one of those.

Electric shave to get most of the hair off then use a cheap disposable to get a close shave. Disposables are pretty much unuseable if i dont go over my face with an electric razor beforehand and electric razors alone dont get everything. I find this is the cheapest method to maintain my facial hair and ive been shaving since i was about 13

Because I can't get these darn things to work for me XD

All wet shaving works fine for me but electrics... hm. I have a cheap Philips and a mid-tier Braun and... no dice! Well, very slow shaving at best and just face massaging at worst, lol

Just wondered if any electric shaver users here had any advice for me!

Thanks much!

Hoppi :)
I do. I've had it most of my life and I just find it easier to use and less messy than shaving foam. Faster too.

Use a non-electric razer if you have too much facial hair to the point where it hurts to shave with an electric razer and then try to shave often with an electric razer afterwards.

Why not just use a safety razor? They will hack through almost anything especially if you put a fairly good blade in it :)
I don't want to be clean shaven - I haven't been clean shaven for years as I much prefer the look of having a neat, trimmed beard. It's less maintenance, too, as I just go to the barber every few weeks to get it trimmed as opposed to having to shave every other day or so - or at least I did before the current lockdown. I'll probably just stick it out until they reopen, even though I'll probably look like a stunt double from Castaway by then.

I don't want to be clean shaven - I haven't been clean shaven for years as I much prefer the look of having a neat, trimmed beard. It's less maintenance, too, as I just go to the barber every few weeks to get it trimmed as opposed to having to shave every other day or so - or at least I did before the current lockdown. I'll probably just stick it out until they reopen, even though I'll probably look like a stunt double from Castaway by then.

Oh interesting. Yeah wet shaving does tend to shave the vast majority of the hair off down to the point that... I only have a little shadow if anything. It's not like baby smooth though. I think I'd only get that if I made a point of going against the grain.

Doesn't electric shaving also leave the skin fairly smooth though? It did for me. Unless maybe you use the clippers I guess?

Oh I've found a way I do definitely enjoy using an electric shaver! That Philips travel shaver is great for touching up my shave a little after I've finished with a safety razor, in case I missed any areas!

So hooray :D