Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does Anyone Else Speak in a Monotone?

ItheIthe

ItheIthe

Legend
I have been using monotone most of the time when I talk for years now and sometimes I don't even realize it. It is because whenever I showed emotion or interest in people in the past it always got blown back in my face and oftentimes when I tried it just resulted in humiliation and even mockery. I find it hard to get excited over things now. Because I know that it will not end well.

That's how you know you're dead inside.

People with aspergers do.

Yes pretty much but that's not the worst. Because of not speaking much my voice has become so faint that sometimes when i speak to other people they ask me to repeat because it was too faint for them to understand.

my voice is so deep that monotone is literally the default setting, and it only gets a little normal when i speak for literally hours on end. if i stop speaking, it becomes much worse. people have said i sound like a serial killer rapist in his 40's

So true
Just don't show emotions
They see that as a weakness

I guess partially. My voice is deep and I rarely use it since I lost my mother. I rarely speak to more than a few people per week and that's usually when making transactions for food and snacks. I tend to use self service check-outs when possible.

I'm a very stoic person, so yes. I hate receiving pity, so I try to seem as boring as possible.

Unintentionally and it comes off as me being sarcastic.