Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else respond out loud to imaginary conversations?

Indari

Indari

Nigger
★★★★★
Like just now I imagined something retarded my sister would say and I got mad and yelled shut the fuck up through gritted teeth. I do this pretty often.

Yes, I suspect it's not actually that abnormal.

jagged0 said:
are you mentalcel?

I think it's self-evident, no offense to Indari.

While I do think that talking aloud to oneself is probably very common, I don't think that getting angry over hypothetical situations is.

blickpall said:
I think it's self-evident, no offense to Indari.

While I do think that talking aloud to oneself is probably very common, I don't think that getting angry over hypothetical situations is.

I wouldn't really call them completely imaginary. They are things that they have/are very likely to say.

Indari said:
I wouldn't really call them completely imaginary. They are things that they have/are very likely to say.

But if they haven't said them, then it is a contrived situation, a hypothetical. You're arguing against your mental representation of someone you dislike. You see the issue I'm getting at?

Not out loud, no. And they aren't imaginary.

But sometimes I get really caught up in a memory and lose track of my surroundings. It's almost like a dream. There were a few times where I caught myself miming the words to a conversation once I snapped out of it.