Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Does anyone else cringe when someone says "y'all"

kay'

kay'

المانلة المعذّب
★★★★★
''cool beans!'' :soy:

(ive heard it irl a few times)

Oh sweetie, my dude, imagine being so toxic – bruh moment. I'm literally shaking right now, losing all faith in humanity. Who hurt you? It's almost as if you need to do better, educate yourself, and read a book. Just shut up and listen, get help, and show solidarity. Maybe, just maybe, as a white person, you must be fun at parties. This is why we can't have nice things – bigoted friendo. Let that sink in. Wow... just wow, right in the feels. Not all heroes wear capes; woosh, problematic. Oh boy, let's unpack this – it's called being a decent human being.

Don’t feel enough emotions to cringe anymore :society: I just laugh

Anglophones are always getting nitpicky about "y'all" and even "you guys". How about you invent a proper plural form for "you" then? :feelsthink:

on the internet it's always a libtard that says it

idk that's how i speak. why should i have to change it for you?

Very soon the americans will talk jamaican english

Oh sweetie, my dude, imagine being so toxic – bruh moment. I'm literally shaking right now, losing all faith in humanity. Who hurt you? It's almost as if you need to do better, educate yourself, and read a book. Just shut up and listen, get help, and show solidarity. Maybe, just maybe, as a white person, you must be fun at parties. This is why we can't have nice things – bigoted friendo. Let that sink in. Wow... just wow, right in the feels. Not all heroes wear capes; woosh, problematic. Oh boy, let's unpack this – it's called being a decent human being.
Let the unpacking begin. Right now. Right here. You and me.

I've used the bolded here. :feelshaha:

Guess I'll be the odd one out and stick up for "y'all". I've always liked it. Contractions are just cool.

"touch grass"

While dated, "ye" used to be the plural from of "thou".
Nowadays that's just Kanye West's new name though :feelskek:

It's a good one but I think most anglophones wouldn't even understand if you used that word.

sheboons say that a lot

Y'all need to calm down quickly.

While dated, "ye" used to be the plural from of "thou".
"Thee" is better IMO but it's defective, it seems to only be used as an object, you can't really say "thee are/art my friends". I've never seen any sentence like this at least.

It's a good one but I think most anglophones wouldn't even understand if you used that word.
yeah probably not
"Thee" is better IMO but it's defective, it seems to only be used as an object, you can't really say "thee are/art my friends". I've never seen any sentence like this at least.
If I remember correctly, thou is nominative case, whereas thee is accusative case -- e.g., "thou art pulchritudinous" vs "I compliment thee".

yeah probably not

If I remember correctly, thou is nominative case, whereas thee is accusative case -- e.g., "thou art pulchritudinous" vs "I compliment thee".
you; object form of thou; used when speaking to one person:
With this ring, I thee wed.

You're right, I got mixed up there. "Ye" seems to be the only formal option, although obsolete.

Makes me think of low IQ southerners

you; object form of thou; used when speaking to one person:
With this ring, I thee wed.

You're right, I got mixed up there. "Ye" seems to be the only formal option, although obsolete.
Well, I wasn't exactly when I thought that "thee" was accusative case either, so we both learned from each other I guess. A win-win in my book. What sayest thou? (actually almost wrongly wrote "thee" there)

Well, I wasn't exactly when I thought that "thee" was accusative case either
Yeah, I think it works both for accusative and dative, direct and indirect object. You were much closer to the truth than I was anyway.

so we both learned from each other I guess.
True. Thank you for your lenience with my mistakes.

A win-win in my book. What sayest thou? (actually almost wrongly wrote "thee" there)
tbh ngl

As a Romance language speaker, I wish I could just say "yous", but I know it probably looks like an abomination from a Germanic perspective.

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

I'm from the south U.S and I'm sick of them redditor fags appropriating our culture :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

A "y'all" is only correctly used when accompanied by a "yeehaw" :feelsYall:

You were much closer to the truth than I was anyway.
Thank you for your lenience with my mistakes.
I mean...
it seems to only be used as an object
object form of thou
emphasis added.
As a Romance language speaker, I wish I could just say "yous", but I know it probably looks like an abomination from a Germanic perspective.
Yes. As it turns out, however,
youse (and its less common sibling yous) are "substandard". Most people will probably look at you quizzically for using yous(e). While I actually find it quaint with the e at the end, without the e it really does look cursed to me.

emphasis added.
I had forgotten what I had written, brutal lackofworkingmemoryADHDpill :feelsrope:

But thanks for reminding me.

Yes. As it turns out, however,
youse (and its less common sibling yous) are "substandard". Most people will probably look at you quizzically for using yous(e). While I actually find it quaint with the e at the end, without the e it really does look cursed to me.
"Youse" looks like a Japanese word kek. But I must admit I liked it.

When its a person who isn't from the south or isn't black saying it, yeah its cringe as fuck